Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

A lot of mice chatters hate anyone who takes flash pictures on pirates. And you would need a flash for a ride picture in there.

Also, the flash would blind you for a few seconds in that darkness.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Originally posted by luke7059 View Post
      DLP's Pirates has a photo point in it. It's when you go down the second drop after the burning town and the explosion, the imagineers used the explosion to disguise the flash. It's the only photo I've ever bought at DLP, it's always my favourite one
      I didn't know that.

Yes I would think that the flash would have to be disguised as a lighting strike or an explosion.

Originally posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
      It's just another cheap way of earning a buck...
      Can you imagine how many bucks that they could make?
      even if only a small percentage of riders buy them.
      I say do it in a non-intrusive way. "It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
      Take all of the proceeds and plough it back into the return of the Peoplemover.

Comment

Interesting...I didn't know there were explosions or photos in the DLP version! Learn something new every day.

Comment

i saw NO PIC for POTC. because i go so often, i tend to try to make the silliest (or sometimes most serious) face i can on Photo Attractions, just knowing that a pic is being taken. POTC is one of the rides i can still sit back & enjoy....

*EDIT*

i read about IDIOTS making funny faces.

ouch.
          Last edited by ItsFREAKS; 12-11-2009, 09:10 AM.
          The Original LOST BOY

Comment

I agree that it would be a cool idea because I'm sure you'd get to see a lot of classic faces. The flash does pose a big problem however Oh well...

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

If I were to make a list of attractions that I'd want a photo on I'd probably put Indy higher on the list then Pirates.

Indy would be fairly simple to accomplish. I would generally recommend a shot when the Jeep reaches the "overlook". This is that brief moment where you see the giant Mara carving and the bridge before you take a hard left into the mummy chamber. If they timed it right they could snap it during an explosion and use that to cover any flash (similar to DLP's Pirates).

It would be nice if they could somehow place a picture point at the end of Mansion. Specifically snapping a shot of you and your "hitchhiking ghost". I'm not sure if anyone has ever been behind the mirror but it likely wouldn't take much to rig up a system. Use a scanner/bar code system so the camera can keep track of the mannequin. Then snap a picture of the buggie, reference the barcode, and photoshop in the appropriate hitchhiking ghost. THAT is a souvenir I would buy.

I'd also probably like a picture point on Thunder IF it could be incorporated into an explosion/cave-in style scene. Unfortunately it is unlikely that such a scene would be added and since the attraction is fairly dark the flash would be distracting (anyone who has ridden Screamin at night will admit to this).

Oh... and Pooh needs a photo point at the end so we can capture the dumbfounded "Shreik" looks as people attempt to understand what they were seeing for the past 5 minutes...
              Last edited by techskip; 12-11-2009, 09:20 AM.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Indy would be great...there are already strobes going off as you go beneath the boulder and everyone looks scared and amazed. The EMV is even tilted down, so everyone's more visible. They take a photo right there in the Tokyo version, but they have room for the viewing station, unlike us.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                  Indy would be great...there are already strobes going off as you go beneath the boulder and everyone looks scared and amazed. The EMV is even tilted down, so everyone's more visible. They take a photo right there in the Tokyo version, but they have room for the viewing station, unlike us.
                  For Mansion a viewing station would need to be easily accessible outside the exit. For Indy they would need to modify a portion of the exit as well.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

The attraction I'd love to have get a photo station installed at is Matterhorn.

Comment

For Pirates, nobody wants a picture of you and 21 of your closest strangers.

Comment

Huh...guess that makes me an idiot, since I do enjoy posing for the cameras along with my friends and/or family. That's kinda harsh. Oh well. I've been called worse.

As far as infrared lighting goes, tech4all, that does indeed allow you to see in the dark - some night vision technology is based on that. But the images don't have color. They look like...well, night vision images. Also, I believe a lot of attraction security cameras use infrared, so it could potentially be problematic to have bursts of infrared light in there. Not really sure about that, though.
                        yeah i qualify as an idiot too. now that i read back on what i said. lol. retract that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                          off topic (sorry)
                          but your pic reminds me of the guy/kid who plays Charlie in Santa Clause 1,2 and 3 (more like 3 since he's older now)

Sorry
                          back on topic

thrill or not, ppl will do something to ruin pictures for others (make them not viewable/sellable)
                          HAHA wow i've never gotten that one before. usually i get compared to christiano ronaldo or brad pitt...

Comment

I'd rather see a photo of our faces superimposed over some of the more popular pirates in the ride as if we were part of that particular scene!
                            sigpic
                            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Huh...guess that makes me an idiot, since I do enjoy posing for the cameras along with my friends and/or family. That's kinda harsh. Oh well. I've been called worse.

As far as infrared lighting goes, tech4all, that does indeed allow you to see in the dark - some night vision technology is based on that. But the images don't have color. They look like...well, night vision images. Also, I believe a lot of attraction security cameras use infrared, so it could potentially be problematic to have bursts of infrared light in there. Not really sure about that, though.
                              It might be kind of fun to see pictures taken with infrared cameras, everyone would look like they were on one of those "ghost hunter" type shows.

Comment

No thanks. Dark rides with flashes are annoying. I hate the one on Space Mountain. It ruins the light effects for me. So no thanks on POTC.
                                "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

Comment

oh god no. please no.

Comment

Not only do I agree with the statement above, I have an Idea where they could put it. In the Skeleton/lightening scene.

But I do not support this.
                                    DisneyTwins
                                    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                      If I were to make a list of attractions that I'd want a photo on I'd probably put Indy higher on the list then Pirates.

Indy would be fairly simple to accomplish. I would generally recommend a shot when the Jeep reaches the "overlook". This is that brief moment where you see the giant Mara carving and the bridge before you take a hard left into the mummy chamber. If they timed it right they could snap it during an explosion and use that to cover any flash (similar to DLP's Pirates).
                                      Another great spot inside Indy would be where the giant snake reaches out to attack. I don't even think a flash would be noticed there with the fire in Mara's pit so close by.
                                      sigpic
                                      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I once tried to take a picture on the first drop. It is actually pretty scary because the ceiling is very low to you at the beginning of the drop.
                                        Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by mushufan View Post
                                          No thanks. Dark rides with flashes are annoying. I hate the one on Space Mountain. It ruins the light effects for me. So no thanks on POTC.

actually when i first went on the new version of space mountain i thought the flash was actually part of the ride experience and not a camera and thought it was really cool. I thought it was supposed to be breaking some kind of warp barrier where you enter a worm hole or something cause the next thing that followed was all the colored lights.

On pirates though. no. no thanks no.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X