Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

I can't picture it, but I'd become accustom to it in a flash.

Leave a comment:

• luke7059
    replied

At DLP, as the photo is taken on the second drop, the only area of the ride to be illuminated by the flash is the area surrounding the flume, none of the AA figures or backdrops are spoilt. The flash is so well disguised, you really don't notice it. Also, the whole boat is photographed obviously, but when you buy the picture, the CM zooms in so that you can have just your party in the shot.

I understand that some of you might not want a photo point added to DL's POTC as it wasn't there to begin with, but for me it's such a part of the DLP version I'd hate to see it go! Not sure if it was there to begin with though, but it's been there since I've been visiting since 2004.

Leave a comment:

• JAG107
    replied

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    have to agree w/ Data
    not the best backdrop.
    if it's dark, it's dark for a reason in the ride (illusion or to cover up).
    If it was bright in there, the illusion of a rock wall would be ruined (plus I doubt in the dark areas they put a lot of work into making it look pretty)

You are exactly right; anyone who's seen Pirates with the work lights on would know just how different it looks down there.
    I think adding ride photos is a really bad idea in general, but especially to a Walt Disney classic.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_M
    replied

Originally posted by mushufan View Post
    No thanks. Dark rides with flashes are annoying. I hate the one on Space Mountain. It ruins the light effects for me. So no thanks on POTC.
    Couldn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

• adormouse
    replied

Originally posted by luke7059 View Post
    DLP's Pirates has a photo point in it. It's when you go down the second drop after the burning town and the explosion, the imagineers used the explosion to disguise the flash. It's the only photo I've ever bought at DLP, it's always my favourite one
    I don't remember there being a picture on DLP's Pirates, but then I haven't been there since 2005.

I'm not totally against having pictures on POTC. I think making great memories at Disneyland starts with pictures. As long as there wasn't a flash, which seems pretty impossible. I don't always think photos of rides have to be "thrill". I truly enjoy the ridiculous faces I make while riding BLAB because I am too busy trying to out shoot whoever I am riding with to look nice for a photo.

Originally posted by Joshnyah
    I wish they could build a electronic hand that lifts up and slaps people when they dont shut up during pirates, I mean I like to get into the ride relax and enjoy myself, but I always stuck in front of or behind the most disrespectful people in the park, usually teenage girls they never shut up, Somedays I will just look at em but others I will actually ask them to be quiet. Let us enjoy the ride already.
    I agree. But I'm always stuck with people who are snapping away photos with flash. Two years ago this one guy was taking so many pictures (with flash, ugh), I swear if I had looked at his photos he'd have a whole slide show of the ride from start to finish. I try not to snap at people but flashing photos and line-cutters ruin the fun for everyone, so I always end up having to say something.

Leave a comment:

• Joshnyah
    replied

I wish they could build a electronic hand that lifts up and slaps people when they dont shut up during pirates, I mean I like to get into the ride relax and enjoy myself, but I always stuck in front of or behind the most disrespectful people in the park, usually teenage girls they never shut up, Somedays I will just look at em but others I will actually ask them to be quiet. Let us enjoy the ride already.

Leave a comment:

• llama5492
    replied

I say why not? I think it would be a fun idea.

Leave a comment:

• beckix.o.x
    replied

i thought i'd say, DLP POTC does take photo's on the drop, i don't know if it's different in california but it blends in with the ride as when you go down the drop it's like you've run into a storm or something and thats when theres the flash of the cameras. I think it is pretty much the same layout as CA, but it does work. It's fun to see the faces of people when you come out

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

Splash:

Length 2600 ft (792.5 m)

Drop Angle 45 Degrees
    Still looking for drop length
    Oh, yikes. This brings me back to Geometry.
    Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Another great spot inside Indy would be where the giant snake reaches out to attack. I don't even think a flash would be noticed there with the fire in Mara's pit so close by.
    In Tokyo, they actually do take your picture as you dodge the boulder. It works so well because there is already a strobe light there in both parks.

Leave a comment:

• Bexington
    replied

Originally posted by mushufan View Post
    No thanks. Dark rides with flashes are annoying. I hate the one on Space Mountain. It ruins the light effects for me. So no thanks on POTC.

actually when i first went on the new version of space mountain i thought the flash was actually part of the ride experience and not a camera and thought it was really cool. I thought it was supposed to be breaking some kind of warp barrier where you enter a worm hole or something cause the next thing that followed was all the colored lights.

On pirates though. no. no thanks no.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyRicky
    replied

I once tried to take a picture on the first drop. It is actually pretty scary because the ceiling is very low to you at the beginning of the drop.

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

Originally posted by techskip View Post
    If I were to make a list of attractions that I'd want a photo on I'd probably put Indy higher on the list then Pirates.

Indy would be fairly simple to accomplish. I would generally recommend a shot when the Jeep reaches the "overlook". This is that brief moment where you see the giant Mara carving and the bridge before you take a hard left into the mummy chamber. If they timed it right they could snap it during an explosion and use that to cover any flash (similar to DLP's Pirates).
    Another great spot inside Indy would be where the giant snake reaches out to attack. I don't even think a flash would be noticed there with the fire in Mara's pit so close by.

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

Not only do I agree with the statement above, I have an Idea where they could put it. In the Skeleton/lightening scene.

But I do not support this.

Leave a comment:

• hurricanecolby !
    replied

oh god no. please no.

Leave a comment:

• mushufan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whitestrat
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Huh...guess that makes me an idiot, since I do enjoy posing for the cameras along with my friends and/or family. That's kinda harsh. Oh well. I've been called worse.

As far as infrared lighting goes, tech4all, that does indeed allow you to see in the dark - some night vision technology is based on that. But the images don't have color. They look like...well, night vision images. Also, I believe a lot of attraction security cameras use infrared, so it could potentially be problematic to have bursts of infrared light in there. Not really sure about that, though.
    It might be kind of fun to see pictures taken with infrared cameras, everyone would look like they were on one of those "ghost hunter" type shows.

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

I'd rather see a photo of our faces superimposed over some of the more popular pirates in the ride as if we were part of that particular scene!

Leave a comment:

• d1mex
    replied

off topic (sorry)
    but your pic reminds me of the guy/kid who plays Charlie in Santa Clause 1,2 and 3 (more like 3 since he's older now)

Sorry
    back on topic

thrill or not, ppl will do something to ruin pictures for others (make them not viewable/sellable)
    HAHA wow i've never gotten that one before. usually i get compared to christiano ronaldo or brad pitt...

Leave a comment:

• d1mex
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Huh...guess that makes me an idiot, since I do enjoy posing for the cameras along with my friends and/or family. That's kinda harsh. Oh well. I've been called worse.

As far as infrared lighting goes, tech4all, that does indeed allow you to see in the dark - some night vision technology is based on that. But the images don't have color. They look like...well, night vision images. Also, I believe a lot of attraction security cameras use infrared, so it could potentially be problematic to have bursts of infrared light in there. Not really sure about that, though.
    yeah i qualify as an idiot too. now that i read back on what i said. lol. retract that statement.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

For Pirates, nobody wants a picture of you and 21 of your closest strangers.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X