Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Disneyland Advisory Board do?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What does the Disneyland Advisory Board do?

So I recently aqquired this nametag:

I am not familiar with the Disneyland Advisory Board, and not much info at all that I can find. This tag is from 1987 or so, so it may be that the Board no longer exists. Does anyone know what it did? Perhaps some sort of Cast Member internal affairs or human resources board? Any info would be most helpful to my research.

Re: What does the Disneyland Advisory Board do?

Something tells me that there could be more than one Advisory Board, and which one you were a part of was depicted underneath or above your name. I did a quick Google search and there's a Disney College Program, Diversity and Sustainability, Animal Kingdom Conservation, etc.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Comment

They advised board members to stay awake.

Comment

IIRC, The DL Advisory Board was a group made up of non-CMs--just regular fans--who offered suggestions and input regarding various products and merchandise. This was a few years ago--like before the 50th. I don't think the program still exists.

Here's a blurb from a 2004 MouosePlanet article:

…Start saving your pennies. Members of the 2004 Disneyland Creative Advisory Council, a consumer focus group, had its first meeting last week. Although participants sign nondisclosure agreements promising not to discuss what they see and hear, a few rumors have already trickled out. Among the products in development for the 50th anniversary are a series of “Big Fig” sculptures based on classic Disneyland attractions. Unlike the current character-based figures, these new “Big Figs” are said to be models of the attraction buildings, including an Enchanted Tiki Room hut and a Splash Mountain with working water effect.

Comment

Hhhmm, that looks nothing like my nametag (I was on the last Disneyland Resort Creative Advisory Council in 2004), but I guess they could have changed the name!

Comment

I'm probably wayy off here but, could they be some type of political lobby?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
              They advised board members to stay awake.
              :lol:
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

this is all a google search showed

Disney College Program- Advisory Board
                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X