X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Maliboomer

http://allears.net/dlr/tp/dca/mali_sign.jpg

a CM told me that they were gonna keep the Maliboomer during DCA transformation because the way it was constructed in association with Screamin'. He said in order to remove the Maliboomer, that they would need to take apart a section of Screamin'.

he DID say they were thinking of applying a new theme to Maliboomer tho.... to fit in with the DISNEY theme a little better

i like the thought of maybe a "Gummi-Beary Juice Jumper" or something to do with Tigger.

what would your suggestions be?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-14-2009, 01:30 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
    The Original LOST BOY

Re: Maliboomer

Gummi Beary Juice Jumper?

hmmm.....interesting.....
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

lol, yeah.... the guy looked at me like i was an idiot. he OBVIOUSLY didnt grow up in the 80's!
      The Original LOST BOY

Comment

yeah i remember that show
        but i totally forgot about it when i was signing up for micechat )

i thought i was being creative by putting i instead of y :lol:
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

They should just point the launch mechanism downward and blast it out of the park.

I'm sure that they could dismantle it somehow without removing a section of Screamin' but I bet they would have to close the coaster anyway for safety reasons.

Comment

something with donald. goofy's sky school, mickey's fun wheel. give donald some love!

Comment

The Minniboomer

Comment

i dont hate on the maliboomer as much as others, i think its a decent ride for the space it takes up, which is practically nothing.

i think they just need to change the launch/drop mechanisms a little bit. maybe stay on top for another 5 seconds or so to look at the view. something like that. change the theme of course as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                  something with donald. goofy's sky school, mickey's fun wheel. give donald some love!
                  that'd be cool but i'd think Donald should have some kinda WATER ride.... maybe they should bring back the idea of doing a bumper boats kinda ride with donald....
                  Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                  i dont hate on the maliboomer as much as others, i think its a decent ride for the space it takes up, which is practically nothing.

i think they just need to change the launch/drop mechanisms a little bit. maybe stay on top for another 5 seconds or so to look at the view. something like that. change the theme of course as well.
                  i agree with this & to be 100... i ride the maliboomer atleast 2 times each time i visit.... i dont understand all the hate around it. especially when stuff like BURGER TIME is taking up valuable space.
                  The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Originally posted by ItsFREAKS View Post
                    http://allears.net/dlr/tp/dca/mali_sign.jpg

a CM told me that they were gonna keep the Maliboomer during DCA transformation because the way it was constructed in association with Screamin'. He said in order to remove the Maliboomer, that they would need to take apart a section of Screamin'.

he DID say they were thinking of applying a new theme to Maliboomer tho.... to fit in with the DISNEY theme a little better

i like the thought of maybe a "Gummi-Beary Juice Jumper" or something to do with Tigger.

what would your suggestions be?
                    well, I did love the Gummy Bear cartoons.
                    Not sure if it's Pier material
                    but then again, what in the park has kept a theme (minus the redwood area....Ok, and bugs land...which I don't care for)?
                    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-14-2009, 01:30 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

It could be torn out without needing to remove sections of Screamin (and yes Screamin would be closed). The issue is cost. Taking it down with a specialized crane that goes top down (think of it like a gardener taking out an old tree) is expensive. Likewise taking out a section of the track would also be expensive... so which method they would choose really boils down to cost.

At the same time Maliboomer is a launch tower. It's a modern attraction that really can't fit easily in a period pier fun zone. My thought would be either lighthouse or clock... probably clock... need to have a reason for having this massive tower.
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

a lighthouse would actually be really nice.......
                        or maybe a windmill.....

i'd personally still wish to have a Mailboomer type ride in the "new" theme... but :Shrug:
                        The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Originally posted by ItsFREAKS View Post
                          a lighthouse would actually be really nice.......
                          or maybe a windmill.....

i'd personally still wish to have a Mailboomer type ride in the "new" theme... but :Shrug:
                          A windmill? Isn't it a bit tall and out of proportion? And why on a Pier?

Comment

Hhhmmm...I dont know about the Gummy Bear idea... I think it needs to stick with more Disney theme. I love this ride, we always manage to ride it every time we go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                              Hhhmmm...I dont know about the Gummy Bear idea... I think it needs to stick with more Disney theme. I love this ride, we always manage to ride it every time we go!
                              But the Gummi Bears ARE Disney. How can it be a MORE Disney theme than Disney itself? :geek: From what you said, I can assume you meant either more well known or the classic Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.
                              sigpic
                              http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by disneyjedi1 View Post
                                But the Gummi Bears ARE Disney. How can it be a MORE Disney theme than Disney itself? :geek: From what you said, I can assume you meant either more well known or the classic Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.
                                I belive that it is being suggested that the fab 5 are being represented throughout the pier so it should be themed in keeping with that mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                  It could be torn out without needing to remove sections of Screamin (and yes Screamin would be closed). The issue is cost. Taking it down with a specialized crane that goes top down (think of it like a gardener taking out an old tree) is expensive. Likewise taking out a section of the track would also be expensive... so which method they would choose really boils down to cost.

At the same time Maliboomer is a launch tower. It's a modern attraction that really can't fit easily in a period pier fun zone. My thought would be either lighthouse or clock... probably clock... need to have a reason for having this massive tower.
                                  basically the same/exact suggestion (which I like then and still do) when a Maliboomer thread appeared a few weeks ago.
                                  Quote by Al:
                                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                                    They should just point the launch mechanism downward and blast it out of the park.

I'm sure that they could dismantle it somehow without removing a section of Screamin' but I bet they would have to close the coaster anyway for safety reasons.
                                    I also for getting rid of the thing.....
                                    It does not look good!
                                    If this report is true... then again Disney is doing backward step!
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wouldn't mind if they took it out. I had a pretty bad experiance on it one time and I'm not gonna ride it anytime soon. I made a post about it in another thread so I'm not gonna recount it here. All I can say is I'd be glad to see it gone.
                                      "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Comment

Can someone explain something to me please? Who was the person who thought having TOT and Maliboomer in the same park, within a 5 minute walk of each other, would work? The elaborate theming of TOT makes Maliboomer look like a joke.

Now if there was no TOT we might have slightly different opinions...

Just my opinion!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X