X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maliboomer

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Can someone explain something to me please? Who was the person who thought having TOT and Maliboomer in the same park, within a 5 minute walk of each other, would work? The elaborate theming of TOT makes Maliboomer look like a joke.

Now if there was no TOT we might have slightly different opinions...

Just my opinion!
    This is definitly true. If they got rid of the boomer though, they should really make the ToT last longer. They didn't even run the third shaft when I was there this summer! Hopefully if this ever happens, the random drops will come in and it will offer a few more ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
      basically the same/exact suggestion (which I like then and still do) when a Maliboomer thread appeared a few weeks ago.
      Basically yeah. I could go either way on keeping it or tearing it out... but if they are going to keep it I hope they figure out how to theme it... there needs to be a reason why we have this giant tower on a pier.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
        Can someone explain something to me please? Who was the person who thought having TOT and Maliboomer in the same park, within a 5 minute walk of each other, would work? The elaborate theming of TOT makes Maliboomer look like a joke.

Now if there was no TOT we might have slightly different opinions...

Just my opinion!
        TOT is nauseating.
        Themed really well... but I get sick to my stomach riding that ride. It's not the drop, because I LOVE Supreme Scream at Knott's, it's the up-down-up-down motion that kills me. It gives me a headache and isn't in the least bit thrilling for me.
        Then again, because I am a Supreme Scream person, TOT just feels like a kiddie ride to me.

And because I'm a Supreme Scream guy, I actually like Maliboomer.
        It's a fun ride. But for the sake of the new Paradise Pier theme, I'd be fine with them demolishing it or turning it into a lighthouse... but that would be one massive lighthouse.
        Like maybe it would be realistically sized, but it would make everything else feel and look so tiny.

Comment

I personally love ToT. It is a great substitute for Maliboomer as the drop ride at DCA. I think that the park needs to move away from the rides you can experiance at most major amusement parks. Unique stuff like ToT is so much better, and Disney-esque!

Comment

I do think more could be done for extending the length of ToT, Even something like that random projection scene that occurs in Florida or really anything. The ride is just too short and it isn't like the line for it is ever THAT long so extending the ride length by a few seconds wouldn't hurt.

Anywho I also liked the idea of extending the ride length on the Maliboomer

I really don't see the point in tearing down the Mailboomer until they're ready to actually build a new attraction. I understand everyone wants better theming and even I admit I'd like to see DCA looking better.

However it all comes down to priorities. The park needs to have more to do and I'm getting really tired of the ride shuffle DCA's been doing for the last few years. Midway Mania, Tower and Bugsland I suppose have broken that trend a bit. But it seems like alot of the expansion in DCA is coming from closing one thing down and then building another.

I'd like to see more of a net gain for the park here and I'd rather not see an empty area that simply has a nice garden or something like that. I gave the Maliboomer a chance this last summer and found it to be a rather pleasent ride with a great view of the park and a very different experience from ToT. Overall I think its a fun ride and its nice to have a variety of things to do in DCA. Even though it is filler it honestly doesn't feel as stock and carny the way most of the rides do. Maybe it's just cause There arn't very many drop towers at the fair in my state and the ones they do have are nowhere near as tall and don't feel nearly as safe :P.
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
              I do think more could be done for extending the length of ToT, Even something like that random projection scene that occurs in Florida or really anything. The ride is just too short and it isn't like the line for it is ever THAT long so extending the ride length by a few seconds wouldn't hurt.

Anywho I also liked the idea of extending the ride length on the Maliboomer

I really don't see the point in tearing down the Mailboomer until they're ready to actually build a new attraction. I understand everyone wants better theming and even I admit I'd like to see DCA looking better.

However it all comes down to priorities. The park needs to have more to do and I'm getting really tired of the ride shuffle DCA's been doing for the last few years. Midway Mania, Tower and Bugsland I suppose have broken that trend a bit. But it seems like alot of the expansion in DCA is coming from closing one thing down and then building another.

I'd like to see more of a net gain for the park here and I'd rather not see an empty area that simply has a nice garden or something like that. I gave the Maliboomer a chance this last summer and found it to be a rather pleasent ride with a great view of the park and a very different experience from ToT. Overall I think its a fun ride and its nice to have a variety of things to do in DCA. Even though it is filler it honestly doesn't feel as stock and carny the way most of the rides do. Maybe it's just cause There arn't very many drop towers at the fair in my state and the ones they do have are nowhere near as tall and don't feel nearly as safe :P.
              For Tower, I'm sure they could rig up a mid ride effect down the effect hallway. That would be a cool way to break up the dropping/shooting up. Suddenly you stop and see the ghosts again or something.

As for the Maliboomer, you would like my idea of moving the carousel into that area.

Comment

Donald IS pier material how about Donald's Cannon Blast?

Comment

Does anyone else want to know why there is a weird face mask thing on the maliboomer? Is it really a vomit sheild/ (By the way, i agree get rid of it)

Comment

Aww I remember the Gummy Bears show! It played through most of the 90's too so I kind of grew up with it
                    I personally am not a fan of the Maliboomer. I've yet to ride it or the ToT, but I do intend to ride ToT on my next trip. I think they could use the small space they have there for something with a bigger theme.
                    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Originally posted by Seant926 View Post
                      Does anyone else want to know why there is a weird face mask thing on the maliboomer? Is it really a vomit sheild/ (By the way, i agree get rid of it)
                      It is to block the screams from broadcasting across Anahiem. While asthetically distastful, they are mandated by law.

Comment

I think I am in the minority when I say that I think Maliboomer is a fun ride and great addition to the thrills at DCA... I always try and do Maliboomer at least once on our Disney trips because its just fun... I know story and theme are always a Disney thing; however Maliboomer is a little different... for a portion of the park that focuses on a mock seaside boardwalk I think it fits in fine because how many carnival rides are there at those type of places... I just hope they dont get rid of it and if they do, the replacement better be just as fun or better! I will not settle with the replacement being less fun... What other ride at the Disneyland Resort can you feel the weightless feeling on [other than the obvious answer of Tower of Terror] or the feeling of being blasted to the top of the tower and the floating sensation that you dont get from Tower of Terror. For some reason having everything open on the Maliboomer is a little more thrilling than being in an elevator shaft [despite Tower of Terror being my favorite ride at DCA]... Its like comparing a Nectarine to a Tangerine... Both are from the orange family but each is a different taste experience! And yes, I love food so if anyone asks... I am comparing Maliboomer and Tower of Terror to fruit!
                        Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                        http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                        http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Originally posted by princessizzie View Post
                          aww i remember the gummy bears show! It played through most of the 90's too so i kind of grew up with it
                          The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X