This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If you could fix one land

I was in history class today when I thought, 'If I could fix just one land, which land would it be?' I decided Tomorrowland because I think it has potential to be great. Three big changes could be:
    1) Bring back the people mover
    2) Futurize EVERYTHING about the land
    3) Pay as much attention to theming and detail as possible
    I don't know if I would trust myself to fix an entire land, but what do you think. If you could fix any land in DL or DCA, which land would it be?
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

Re: If you could fix one land

I'm just curious......
    Is this thread along the same lines as the one started yesterday
    it is it aimed to be different?

if you HAD to get rid of one themed land in disneyland... ( 1 2 3)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

tommorowland does need to be fixed thats certain ..bringing back the people mover is an exelent start ( it dont have to be THE people mover but something along those lines) themeing would be very important but to what end?it would have to be so futuristic that theme wise you shouldnt have to touch it for at least 30 or some odd years,and thats just a fresh coat of paint,once that is established..they can then work on attractions with out haveing to think..god how is all of this going to look in 5 years,innoventions..if it cant be up graded to the level of the future we havent visited yet..tear it the F%^k out and use the real estate for something else
      "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
        I'm just curious......
        Is this thread along the same lines as the one started yesterday
        it is it aimed to be different?

if you HAD to get rid of one themed land in disneyland... ( 1 2 3)
        Yes. It is almost the same thing. Just pick the land that you would fix if you could choose any one.
        Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
          tommorowland does need to be fixed thats certain ..bringing back the people mover is an exelent start ( it dont have to be THE people mover but something along those lines) themeing would be very important but to what end?it would have to be so futuristic that theme wise you shouldnt have to touch it for at least 30 or some odd years,and thats just a fresh coat of paint,once that is established..they can then work on attractions with out haveing to think..god how is all of this going to look in 5 years,innoventions..if it cant be up graded to the level of the future we havent visited yet..tear it the F%^k out and use the real estate for something else
          Finding Eve Intergalactic Voyage?

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
            Finding Eve Intergalactic Voyage?
            you know walle is one of the 2 pixar properties that dont get no love in the park...the other is the incredibles.but rumor has a tron like ride going in on the ol PM tracks....i would say anything would be better then whats there now...but we all said that about the subs and well.....look what we got..
            "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Tomorrowland is the most urgent as it feels like a junkyard now.
              Frontierland needs to be re-thought too. Critter Country third.

Comment

Tomorrowland. And I promise that every other post will say that too.

Comment

Fantasyland is too childish. It NEEDS to grow up.
                  STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                  This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                  I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

Comment

Tomorrowland is the one that should be fixed first, but if I was personally fixing it ("If you could fix one land"), I would probably be more qualified to fix Toontown, given my artistic style .

Tomorrowland - make it look like a Sci-fi novel cover come to life. Make it feel lived-in, the way the other lands do (in this case, like a city). Turn BLAB into a ride themed to "go into a video game" technology. And of course, bring back The Peoplemover in some form.

Toontown - The theming would stay basically the same. Just tear out the shuddered McDonald's Playland stuff and replace it with dark rides (and a thrill ride, if there's room) based on classic cartoons.
                    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                    Disney sequel):
                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Tomorrowland, naturally.....

Good-bye:
                      Buzz Lightyear
                      Innoventions
                      HISTA
                      Current Autopia cars/layout
                      Finding Nemo

New:
                      Alien Encounter (Florida old version, no Stitch)
                      Updated 20,000 Leagues ride (giant squid, Atlantis, undersea farming, deep sea fish, collecting resources and agriculture, preservation)
                      Futuristic Autopia cars with small outdoor scenes of alien life/strange plants/limited animatronics
                      People Mover
                      Storm Rider from TDS upgrade theater presentation
                      New audio-animatronic "revue" show in revolving theater, intergalatic/friendly alien revue type thing
                      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I have lots of ideas, not really enough room here to explain it all, but I would go with either Tommorowland or Frontierland.

Comment

Tommorowland needs it the most but Frontierland would be easier and cheaper but has less traffic. Hopefully they will both get refurbs. If Toontown counts as a land I think it's a complete toss up.
                          sigpic
                          I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

I agree that Tommorowland and Toontown need help, but at least they are passing for now. Frontierland needs more help than these I think. It only has one real attraction: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Even though Tom Sawyer Island and the Mark Twain are technically in Frontierland, especially with the Pirates and Princess Tiana themed overlays, they seem more a part of New Orleans Square. The best thing to do would be to enlarge the passage near BTMR by the Mexican restaurant to the Castle Courtyard, and turn the back passage (to Dumbo) and the Big Thunder Ranch into some sort of new attraction. It could be Marc Davis's Western River Expedition (it would probably have to be scaled down a lot, unless it could extend outside the berm), or a revival of the Nature's Wonderland area. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Syndrome View Post
                              I was in history class today when I thought, 'If I could fix just one land, which land would it be?'
                              Why is it that we think of stuff like this IN CLASS?! I do it all the time...lol

Comment

I say jump on the starwars partnership and turn a major part of tomorrow land into starwars theme with 2 rides star tours 2.0 and a racer type ride. The other half turn into a space travel alien concept this would include another update of SM and I like the idea of spaceship style cars and alien overlay on the autotopia (electric cars please) turn buzz into a video game style game still use buzz but more tsmm technology As for the subs I say atlantis shipwreak themes with underwater creatures and lifeforms. People mover comes back with the tron or wall e theme and the innovations and 3d theater get new space exploration concepts! keep astro orbitors at the front to anchor the concept.
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                                  Why is it that we think of stuff like this IN CLASS?! I do it all the time...lol
                                  Haha, anything to escape

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                    People mover comes back with the tron or wall e theme and the innovations and 3d theater get new space exploration concepts! keep astro orbitors at the front to anchor the concept.

You know, when I watched Wall-E I looked at the shuttle things that they used to travel between decks, the one that fell and almost crushed the people at the end of the movie, and all I could think was.... Next Generation People Mover
                                    sigpic
                                    I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

They are missing out on a great deal of potential with both Wall-E and Star Wars. These ideas are great. Going on the People Mover was one of my favorites as a kid...I still miss it! I think that with it being so close to the entrance of the park that it would be better put together. I haven't been since 2001 but even then it felt tired!

Comment

tomorrowland

i would change Starcade into something new
                                        ( the 2nd floor has been closed for how long though?)
                                        and innoventions into a AA show
                                        My Art site
                                        http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X