This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Jack and Sally Meet n Greet

Why are they only out during HalloweenTime? The lines are long to meet them so I think they should be year-round.
    He has a Santa costume but DLR never uses it.

they talk at 1:45
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UBRiFJ1tw"]YouTube- OC&ME/ Episode #2 : Disneyland Interviews-Haunted Mansion[/ame]

These are recent pics from the press

Last edited by DannyLand; 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM.

Re: Jack and Sally Meet n Greet

I've never seen them out at all. Did they have the Meet N Greet at the Haunted Mansion? I would think that would tie up the line a bit.
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

They have been meeting guests near HM, not in the queue itself.

I guess they just want to limit Jack's appearence to Halloweentime

The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

Comment

but the OP said that they were recent pics from the press How recent is recent? Maybe they're going to start extending the meet n greet to Christmastime as well?
        sigpic
        http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Holy cow that is creepy
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
            Holy cow that is creepy
            My thoughts too.
            Glad I haven't seen them.
            Looks nothing like Jack (IMO)---looks like the mask from "Scream".
            I think Halloween is fine.
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

i know im gonna start a fight by saying this....

but ive never liked nightmare, found it really boring as a kid and still do, it made for an even worse ride, and i would rather they leave haunted mansion alone.

when i went there around halloween i saw them, and even then they were there one minute and gone the next, they never stuck around long.

Comment

yeah, looks nothing like jack cus the head shape doesn't look right and the mask on the mouth, plus sally's hair should be yarn since she's a doll. But I've notticed that USH does a very good job with their Grinch characters.

this was taken this month, and yeah.. the movie was boring since I don't enjoy musicals. but he's VERY popular to society.

Comment

Awwww... they need to start having him in his Sandy Claws outfit!!!!

Originally posted by grumpyyy1055703610

but ive never liked nightmare, found it really boring as a kid and still do
                  I don't think you're going to start a fight... unless people don't respect others opinions. It's alright you don't like it, but I'm exactly the opposite! ) I've been watching the film practically my entire life! my parents thought I'd be scared, but I loved it! (this movie was on repeat at my house, I swear! I have memories of just watching it. XD ) haha I don't think many of my friends had heard of it back then though, didn't it only stop getting popular around 2000ish? Now it's everywhere!

Opinions are wonderful, aren't they?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by disneyjedi1 View Post
                    but the OP said that they were recent pics from the press How recent is recent? Maybe they're going to start extending the meet n greet to Christmastime as well?
                    Those are from this year.

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                    Holy cow that is creepy
                    I REALLY don't like Jack in his Sandy Claws outfit because of this, but the main reason is the proportions of the body. I'd rather have him in his tuxedo.

Comment

I've met Jack and Sally this year during the Halloweentime, and they're really fun characters. I wish they were extended to the Christmas time because they fit both seasons.

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                      I REALLY don't like Jack in his Sandy Claws outfit because of this, but the main reason is the proportions of the body. I'd rather have him in his tuxedo.
                      Mhm. His Halloween tux is much better than his Sandy Claws ensemble; I absolutely agree. It would still be cool to see them both out this time of year though.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                        yeah, looks nothing like jack cus the head shape doesn't look right and the mask on the mouth, plus sally's hair should be yarn since she's a doll. But I've notticed that USH does a very good job with their Grinch characters.

this was taken this month, and yeah.. the movie was boring since I don't enjoy musicals. but he's VERY popular to society.
                        http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:v...84_632_640.jpg
                        His eyes aren't long either. They are more round.

Love the movie.

Only one song I think they could have done better. At the HM they did an edited version and I like it a lot better.
                        Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-13-2009, 04:40 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post

but ive never liked nightmare, found it really boring as a kid and still do, it made for an even worse ride, and i would rather they leave haunted mansion alone.

when i went there around halloween i saw them, and even then they were there one minute and gone the next, they never stuck around long.

Your not alone here. I have seen the movie to finally this year and I didn't like it and I really don't care for them. That is why you never see me with any pictures with them. The only thing I have of Jack Skeleton is on a Kingdom Hearts shirt and the only reason why I have it is I like Sora and Donald so I had to get that shirt other then that I don't care for Jack or Sally

Comment

ok off topic:

there's a girl who i was in choir with last year, and we secretly called her jack skellington because she seriously looks like it!

she's pale as can be, a very wide smile, and her eyes get pretty big too.

it's funny because she hangs out with all the filipinos at my former high school, so she looks even more white and pale
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

They are bad press pictures too.
                              If you look at one of the pictures, someone didn't check their background for the photo. Looks like Sally has something growing from the middle of her head (when it's really a piece of the fence or pumpkin on the house).
                              Jack should also have his hands down. Because the chose black for the non skeleton part, it looks like one of those cheap halloween costumes where you hard looks larger than the illusion.
                              Quote by Al:
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

They just recently made the Sandy Claws outfit for this filming, which took place about a week ago. I would like to have seen them out for meet and greets for December, but I guess I'll have to hope for next year.

I can understand that Nightmare Before Christmas is not the most popular film among these boards. But I for one love and adore the movie, it's one of my favorite animated films and I do consider it a landmark in the stop-motion animation medium. I'm glad to see it's still popular where they can utilize these characters. I only wish Jack's outfit could have been a little more form-fitting, just to make him look a little thinner.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyjedi1 View Post
                                  Awwww... they need to start having him in his Sandy Claws outfit!!!!

I don't think you're going to start a fight... unless people don't respect others opinions. It's alright you don't like it, but I'm exactly the opposite! ) I've been watching the film practically my entire life! my parents thought I'd be scared, but I loved it! (this movie was on repeat at my house, I swear! I have memories of just watching it. XD ) haha I don't think many of my friends had heard of it back then though, didn't it only stop getting popular around 2000ish? Now it's everywhere!

Opinions are wonderful, aren't they?
                                  yeah, i was in high school when the hot topic take-over began. i have tried to watch it plenty of times, as a kid and as an adult, and i couldnt get into it. i love musicals, i love halloween, i love christmas, hated the movie. and the ride just feels like they took a whole bunch of colored boxes and covered up all the cool stuff that was originally on the ride, and then in the graveyard the snow makes it way too bright, and i could see things like the track and the mesh screen between the front effects and the back ones, which i never really saw before.

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                                    They just recently made the Sandy Claws outfit for this filming, which took place about a week ago. I would like to have seen them out for meet and greets for December, but I guess I'll have to hope for next year.

I can understand that Nightmare Before Christmas is not the most popular film among these boards. But I for one love and adore the movie, it's one of my favorite animated films and I do consider it a landmark in the stop-motion animation medium. I'm glad to see it's still popular where they can utilize these characters. I only wish Jack's outfit could have been a little more form-fitting, just to make him look a little thinner.

I too love this movie and hope they will have them out for christmas with Jack dressed as Sandy Claus soon
                                    disney lady

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post
                                      yeah, i was in high school when the hot topic take-over began. i have tried to watch it plenty of times, as a kid and as an adult, and i couldnt get into it. i love musicals, i love halloween, i love christmas, hated the movie. and the ride just feels like they took a whole bunch of colored boxes and covered up all the cool stuff that was originally on the ride, and then in the graveyard the snow makes it way too bright, and i could see things like the track and the mesh screen between the front effects and the back ones, which i never really saw before.
                                      Yeah the graveyard scene is definitely my least favorite part of the overlay. The fact that you can see the mesh and track (like you said), as well as the ceiling above you, just ruins the whole illusion. I do, however, like the Stretching Room... a lot. Is it me or is it creepier around this time of year? )

And frankly, I think I liked it better when Nightmare was less popular. It seems to be getting WAY too overrated. (and this is a film I love!) And I remember a time when it was a Touchstone film because it was deemed "too scary" to be released under Disney. I have the newer DVD under the Disney banner and I hate that. It ruins my childhood. At least my sister has the older DVD that I bought for her years ago....
                                      sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X