This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ghost Galaxy and the Frog Princess

I saw The Princess and the Frog yesterday, as did many of you.

Something caught my ear: Recall the scene in the bayou where one of Facilier's shadow demons find the broken balloons and sense or smell that the frogs were present. The one demon calls the others over, they make creepy and scary shrieks and cries, and then fly off.

Didn't the sounds the shadows made sound really familiar? Like maybe from Ghost Galaxy? I submit to you that I'll bet the same sound effects used for the shadow demons for Frog were used to make the shrieks and cries heard externally (and perhaps internally) during the Ghost Galaxy overlay.

What the source of these scary noises is remains a mystery to me.

Thoughts?
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Re: Ghost Galaxy and the Frog Princess

I wish I had seen either so I could contrbute... It is my understanding though that sound effects often come from banks so that companies dont have to rent out recording studios and find ways to simulate noises for every project they do. Either both of the noises came fromm simmiler banked sound effects, or else it is a clever instance of recycling.

One thing I always notice is that simulated screaming is always the same sound. Whether it be commercials, the rollercoaster tycoon games, or even in some TV shows/movies (I think specificly of CSI when the rollercoaster derails), its always that same akward screaming noise.

Comment

Well I found the actual ride music on a free music production website...

Comment

now that you mention it, it does sound rather similar... hmmm next time I see the film I'll pay close attention to that part.... I only went on Ghost Galaxy once though.... so my memory might be a little faulty. I'll have to check YouTube...
        sigpic
        http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
          I wish I had seen either so I could contrbute... It is my understanding though that sound effects often come from banks so that companies dont have to rent out recording studios and find ways to simulate noises for every project they do. Either both of the noises came fromm simmiler banked sound effects, or else it is a clever instance of recycling.

One thing I always notice is that simulated screaming is always the same sound. Whether it be commercials, the rollercoaster tycoon games, or even in some TV shows/movies (I think specificly of CSI when the rollercoaster derails), its always that same akward screaming noise.
          You, my good sir, are thinking of none other than the infamous Wilhelm scream:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio]YouTube - The Wilhelm Scream Compilation[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post

YouTube - The Wilhelm Scream Compilation
            Actually, I am thinking of the fake scream you hear here. (everytime the coaster drops)
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vuc_aNz3F8"]YouTube - RollerCoaster Tycoon opening[/ame]

But you raise a great point about that one too, which is more focused on a movie tradition.

Comment

That last video just really made me miss playing RCT and RCT2.

but did you all notice the Magic Carpet being dusted in the beginning of the movie!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

but did you all notice the Magic Carpet being dusted in the beginning of the movie!?
                I did!!! I nudged my sister and was like "Did you see the carpet????" Lol, that's like the first cameo I've ever noticed the first time through a movie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lobeobann View Post
                  I did!!! I nudged my sister and was like "Did you see the carpet????" Lol, that's like the first cameo I've ever noticed the first time through a movie!!!
                  Did you see Ron Clements and John Musker, the directors, in the Mardi Gras parade?

YouTube Channel:
                  DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by RocknGuitar View Post
                    Well I found the actual ride music on a free music production website...
                    Almost missed this!

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

I totally missed it to. Might have to do a reinstall.

Comment

That was hysterical! Thanks!
                        Originally posted by migo
                        I poop with joy!
                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

i could have swore they used it in spaceballs to....
                          "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by lobeobann View Post
                            She did nudge me. I thought it was the kid kicking me from behind. But her nudging me made me miss it, even though I told her I saw it :blush:
                            Counting down to Gumball Rally!!
                            Who doesn't love NAPS?!?

Comment

i thought the same thing when watching the Princess and the Frog! they totally sound the same!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X