Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Parade Floats Powered By Battery?

Last night (Friday Dec. 11) after the first serious shower the late parade suffered three float failures. A funny little white tow vehicle (sorry, I have no pictures) came out from behing IASW to tow the floats off one at a time. It took quite a while which resulted in several CMs in the parade to do some pretty stuff to while away the time.
    My guess is that all that rain and moisture somehow shorted out electrical systems causing the floats to fail. Am I correct?
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Re: Parade Floats Powered By Battery?

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Last night (Friday Dec. 11) after the first serious shower the late parade suffered three float failures. A funny little white tow vehicle (sorry, I have no pictures) came out from behing IASW to tow the floats off one at a time. It took quite a while which resulted in several CMs in the parade to do some pretty stuff to while away the time.
    My guess is that all that rain and moisture somehow shorted out electrical systems causing the floats to fail. Am I correct?
    I've no idea how the rain may have impacted the electrical systems on the floats. I would think they would be shielded and protected against inclement weather. But yes, the floats are powered by batteries. When those batteries fail, the float fails.

Comment

It would be cool if they could put the trolley horses to work to help out in those cases! Not only would they not run out of power, but we would be able to admire those beautiful horses more often!
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I hear they run off of Pixie Dust. :P

Comment

Originally posted by dougeebear View Post
          I've no idea how the rain may have impacted the electrical systems on the floats. I would think they would be shielded and protected against inclement weather. But yes, the floats are powered by batteries. When those batteries fail, the float fails.
          I would've thought so too, but three floats only an hour after rain suggests they are not quite as weather-proof as one would expect.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Nothing with electricity...
            It was just slippery.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
              It would be cool if they could put the trolley horses to work to help out in those cases! Not only would they not run out of power, but we would be able to admire those beautiful horses more often!
              Unless they hadn't had a good dinner.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X