X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Disneyland is the Best!!!

Hi There,

I'm new to the board, but have been browsing for a while. Thanks to everyone for their contributions, there are some great tips and information here.

I wanted to say that Disneyland is the best. My family (wife, son, and daughter), just got back from a trip this week. We live in northern CA, and drove down Monday morning and came back Yesterday afternoon. I was worried about the rain, but it only rained on Monday. Most rides had less than 15 minutes wait, and by the end of day Wednesday we had been on everything in both DL and DCA.

However, Tuesday morning had one of the best experiences. We got there early for the Magic Morning, and happened to be first in line at the gate. We weren't there terribly early, but just happened to be in front. One of the cast members asked if we wanted to help open the park. Of course we did!!! So we signed the book, and were let into the park in order to help cheer everyone on. What a fantastic experience. My kids were just going crazy with excitement.

The Matterhorn was actually working on this trip, and we went on it probably a dozen times. The lines for Nemo was short, so we went on that for our first time. All the rides were running and the Christmas decorations were wonderful.

This place is always magic though. In addition to being able to open the park, we had another magic moment on Thursday. We were over by the Disneyland Hotel (we weren't staying there, but needed to get a fax...it's a long story). I had heard about the jungle cruise style remote controlled boats, and I was walking around with my kids to try to find them. All of a sudden, they see Santa walking through the lobby, and bam, there he is in front of a Christmas tree ready for pictures. It was fantastic to not have to wait in any lines, and my kids were thrilled to be able to spend some time with Santa.

Another time, my daughter and I were watching the piano player right outside the candy store. He asked if my daughter wanted to play. She has been taking lessons, and was able to remember a Christmas song. She played for the crowd enjoying their lunch, and everyone cheered. Just fantastic!

It seems that every time we go to Disneyland, there are all the little random magic moments that occur. It really is the happiest place on earth.

- Jason

Re: Disneyland is the Best!!!

/agreed
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Comment

What a magical time you had! So glad to hear you and your family had a wonderful vacation. Next time post some photos for us, we'd love to see them here on MC

Comment

wow....i'm getting chills from all the magic being shared throughout Disneyland!
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Wow, what a great trip! It is wonderful when there are memories like that to relive and remember as time goes on and the kids get bigger. I love those little boats at the Hotel. I believe there used to be a different theme to them before they were Jungle Cruise, but can't remember what.... Little help here, folks!
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

The best part is you get to keep these memories with you the rest of your life. Absolutely worth the money!

Comment

I'm glad your family had such a great time at DLR ~ our next trip is in May and we can't wait!

Comment

You can't find a greater place, in my opinion! Thanks for sharing that with us. Brings back all the magical feelings that I haven't been able to experience since 2 years ago!
                "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X