Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is this prop from Disneyland?

A buddy of mine recently procured this prop from a former Disney employee who told him that it was purchased "in-house" from Disney.

It was purchased in SoCal, but neither one of us remember seeing it in Disneyland, so I thought we should throw it out to the MiceChat Sleuth Crew.

Any help guys?
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Is this prop from Disneyland?

Never mind.

It's from the extinct Dreamflight attraction in WDW.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-9ILjukzk]YouTube - Delta Dreamflight - Walt Disney World[/ame]
    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

well if it is a prop, it's beyond my time.
      or i'm just not very observant
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

It is from Delta Dreamflight (previously If You Had Wings and If You Could Fly, followed by Disney's DreamFlight), a 1989-1998 attraction at Tomorrowland in The Magic Kingdom. It sat where Buzz Lightyear does now (same track system and floor plan as the previous attraction, btw - except for set/theme modifications, the floorplan remains unchanged from park opening).

Comment

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
          Just out of curiosity how large is this prop and what is your friend going to do with it?
          It's approximately 3'x3'x3' and he's interested in selling it for $1250 firm, plus shipping to your destination from SoCal. He can also deliver it to the MiceChat 5th Anniversary, if anyone is interested in saving some shipping charges.

If you're interested, send me a PM, or an email to [email protected]

MiceChat User #1037

Comment

so I'm confused
            was this thread to confirm it was Disney prop
            or is the thread so it can be sold?
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
              so I'm confused
              was this thread to confirm it was Disney prop
              or is the thread so it can be sold?
              The thread was originally posted because we didn't know if it was a Disney prop. It was confirmed that it was in fact a Disney prop from WDW's Dreamflight attraction.

That was last month. Now, he wants to sell it, so I told him I'd update the thread. If the mods want to move it, it's no biggie to me.
              MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                The thread was originally posted because we didn't know if it was a Disney prop. It was confirmed that it was in fact a Disney prop from WDW's Dreamflight attraction.

That was last month. Now, he wants to sell it, so I told him I'd update the thread. If the mods want to move it, it's no biggie to me.
                now that makes sense (orig find out, now a month later sell it)
                Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz

Comment

That would look so sweet in my room because I am a model efficiano so I have lots of stuff like that but I only have 31 dollars lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                    That would look so sweet in my room because I am a model efficiano so I have lots of stuff like that but I only have 31 dollars lmao.
                    To be honest, I would expect that to be about what it is worth.

Comment

Thats not bad at all for a peice of disney history, If I had ever been to Dworld and saw it it would have some sentimental value to me and I would love to have it, whoever gets it will be lucky, I love stuff like this, I remember seeing a guy on ebay selling an old ticket booth from disneyland and almost bought it and realized how am I going to pick this up and when I do what am I going to do with it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                        ... I remember seeing a guy on ebay selling an old ticket booth from disneyland and almost bought it and realized how am I going to pick this up and when I do what am I going to do with it.
                        Actually I know a guy who lives in SoCal who bought one of those ticket booths, had it trucked to his house, poured a foundation in his backyard for it and is in the process of restoring it.

It was rather cool, standing in that old ticket booth. I imagined what it must have been like to work in there. It even had the original phone still in it. And yes, I picked it up and put it to my ear. I could faintly hear the clanging bell of the E.P. Ripley pulling into Main Street Station...

:love:
                        MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Actually I know a guy who lives in SoCal who bought one of those ticket booths, had it trucked to his house, poured a foundation in his backyard for it and is in the process of restoring it.

It was rather cool, standing in that old ticket booth. I imagined what it must have been like to work in there. It even had the original phone still in it. And yes, I picked it up and put it to my ear. I could faintly hear the clanging bell of the E.P. Ripley pulling into Main Street Station...

:love:
                          Now that is a great Picture! Your friend is lucky to have that peice of history. But I really love that pic, reminds me of when I was a child and we had to walk all the way across the parking lot which now is california adventure, Wow that brings back memories.

Comment

Oh wow... I never realized JUST how close those booths were to the actual park! Dang.
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

It's a Ticket booth Haunted by a Ghost train thats not dead yet!!!!!
                              lol

anyway how much is this guy going for to sell it
                              Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Originally posted by jesterjack View Post
                                It's a Ticket booth Haunted by a Ghost train thats not dead yet!!!!!
                                lol

anyway how much is this guy going for to sell it
                                He's not going to sell it... he poured a concrete foundation in his backyard for the ticket booth to sit on. It's permanently installed in his back yard. Isn't that cool?
                                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

no not the ticket booth I ment the little prop...thing
                                  I should of reread my post before posting the post(try saying that 5 times fast! XP)
                                  Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

He's not going to sell it... he poured a concrete foundation in his backyard for the ticket booth to sit on. It's permanently installed in his back yard. Isn't that cool?

That is VERY VERY VERY cool.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X