This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Top Ten Replacements for Aladdin

I am also not a big fan of Toy Story replacing Aladdin. Will give it the benefit of the doubt until I actually see the show. Here are my top ten suggestions for replacements other than yet another Toy Story based attraction...

10) The Black Hole (hey, had to put it in there, look at my name )
    9) Fantasia
    8) The Incredibles (chance to do some really creative stuff)
    7) Nemo
    6) Lion king or Beauty and the Beast (grouping together due to previous release)
    5) Ratatouille
    4) Hercules (as many have said, totally underrated movie)
    3) A Musical Review of Various Disney Films (pick the best scenes)
    2) Mulan (would probably be some pretty neat scenes)
    1) Marry Poppins (she needs to get some more respect in the park, and it would be an awesome show)

Re: Top Ten Replacements for Aladdin

I vote 3 and 1, and would like to add Princess and the Frog.

Comment

From what I've heard about Toy Story, it's an awful musical. Which doesn't surprise me. I don't know what they should put in place of Aladdin, but something new has got to replace it.

As for Incredibles, I'd rather not see anymore Pixar in DCA, and that goes for Nemo and Rat as well. If it's not already a musical it shouldn't be done. It's a lot of work, and they're not all that good at it, from what I've seen. Also, anyone who's seen their original Disney on Ice shows knows the limits of their review type work.

Fantasia could be interesting, but you just know some idiots are gonna get it mixed up with Fantasmic as I often hear people interchange the two titles already.

Mulan could be interesting (that's an underestimated movie!), but I thought Hercules was an embarrassment to the studio and would never sit through that. I'd probably of liked it more had it not been right after something as powerful and Hunchback, but they just really dropped the ball with that movie.

As for Mary, Beauty and Lion, they could all do well, but since they've had professional runs I doubt they'd do it. Beauty closed on Broadway so that would probably have the best chance of being brought into the park, and it's not very well represented in any permanent form (outside of Fantasmic). It might just seem like a reversal though, since the Broadway show sprung from the Fantasyland stage show's success in the 90's.

Comment

Mary Poppins would be great!

Comment

I vote for Mulan, Mary Poppins, and a mash-up musical revue. Mulan would be an artistically beautiful set, Mushu would be able to bring improv humor like Genie did, and the music is amazing.

Mary Poppins could be awesome as well, I don't see any improv humor, but still, she needs more credit!

and a mash-up revue would just be really cool! lol

Comment

Wow out of your 10 I'd only choose Beauty and the Beast... You should add Cinderella thats a classic!

Comment

Some very interesting ideas here, I'd rather see a musical on the stage though.... (I like them)

and I agree with WDITrent, I'd love to see a Princess and the Frog musical too.

but...

I'm going to make my own option. My vote goes for NEWSIES!!!!!! An underrated musical that needs some love. They already play music from it in Hollywood Pictures Backlot so why not? I've often fantasized about this one. I would love to see it on stage.
              sigpic
              http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Musical productions based and inspired by 'The Boatniks', 'Turner and Hooch' or 'Blackbeard's Ghost' On Ice would be terrific in the Hyperion Theatre. Would not like to see 'The Cat From Outer Space' on that stage though.
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Lion King would be awesome!
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                    I vote for Mulan, Mary Poppins, and a mash-up musical revue. Mulan would be an artistically beautiful set, Mushu would be able to bring improv humor like Genie did, and the music is amazing.

Mary Poppins could be awesome as well, I don't see any improv humor, but still, she needs more credit!

and a mash-up revue would just be really cool! lol
                    Absolutely right about Mushu. Also this is my mother's favorite movie. I vote for this!!!

Comment

Fantasia for sure. You don't need singing for it to be a great musical. It would have some pretty darn nice scenes in it

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                        Musical productions based and inspired by 'The Boatniks', 'Turner and Hooch' or 'Blackbeard's Ghost' On Ice would be terrific in the Hyperion Theatre. Would not like to see 'The Cat From Outer Space' on that stage though.
                        ????????

Comment

I agree with the Cinderella vote above! Either that or Beauty and the Beast. I'd love to see either of them replace Aladdin, but I think Hercules would be a bad choice.
                          "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Hey what about Pocahontas if WDW had it why not DL or how about bring back Snow White and bring it to DCA side.

Comment

I'd vote for a mash-up and maybe it can include the " a whole new world" segmeant from Aladdin.
                              I'd even like a Nightmare Before Christmas Musical
                              Originally posted by MainStreetJake
                              Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
                              Originally posted by williamtheking
                              Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the for it!
                              Mike Skellington
                              My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                                Originally posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
                                ????????
                                The Boatniks (1970)

Turner & Hooch (1989)

Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)

Comment

Newsies
                                  Hunchback of Notre Dame (shorted version of the German musical)
                                  Enchanted
                                  Mary Poppins
                                  Bedknobs and Broomsticks
                                  Hercules

Or how about something original*? Or turning the Disney Cruise Line stage show "Ghost Ship" (who remembers that?) into a musical?

Just not Toy Story or anything Pixar related. That just has "facepalm", "deep hurting" and so forth written all over it.

*but then the average guest would complain it's not "DISNEY" enough.
                                  I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

I think the odds of bringing back an old show are slim to nil. That's never been their thing. It does seem weird that Showboat Jubilee has to end in January (due to the river refurb) when other big animated films got shows with a 4 year deal, ie: Beauty and the Beast Live, Lion King Celebration, Pocahontas, and Hunchback Festival of Fools. If it doesn't come back in the summer, that would be a good place to put Princess and the Frog. Not as good as New Orleans, but hey Aladdin's show isnt' in Adventureland so who's checking?

Comment

BTW, I know that they're movies, I was just completely thrown by how out there the suggestion (and unlikelihood) of it was.

Comment

i vote 6,4 and 1

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X