This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Dark ride idea

Would you want a lion king dark ride in the park? I personally would love to have this as an attraction! So what are your opinions?
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Re: Dark ride idea

The Lion King certainly deserves a permanent attraction of some kind. Mary Poppins, Fantasia, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast and WALL-E also do. But yes, some sort of permanently built attraction based on The Lion King would be great.

Comment

i like the one on the 1 and 1/2 movie. pretty cool.

Comment

i would like it. i remember a a little kid i dreamed about making this ride. i made a lego model of the station. the ride was peter pan like suspended and it was the movie through zazu's point of view

Comment

I'd be down for one at Disneyland because there isn't a whole lot of Lion King. At DisneyWorld there is too many Lion King things. Same reason I'd really like some other show in the hyperion. A little diversity. I think a Beauty and the Beast attraction could be amazing
          sigpic
          I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Yay! I'm glad people agree with me! I think we shud eliminate toontown and make room for all these dark rides!
            So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Whenever people say: oh I have a great idea, we'll build a lion king dark ride here! they really just need to think to themselves: how would I make this a dark ride-- would it be fun and work well?

Personally, I've always wanted a Mary Poppins ride where you ride on individual horses, side by side. It would be an omnimover, but with two side by side horses instead of doom buggies and what not. You would enter under a canvas on a turn table, as if you were in the middle, or around the edge of a carousel, get on your horse, and prance through the pastel park, while hearing all about "Supercalifrengelisexepdialidocious," riding past dancing penguins, racing with the horse next to you, and even flying up above the Chimmny Tops before your ride comes to an end!

Comment

I think that is an interesting idea for a dark ride. Soaring above from Zazu's point of view is interesting as well. If I could just quit sniffling every time I hear 'Circle of Life', it would be even better!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I thought of a kind of "Fantasyland by way of Adventureland" land that they could fit into some new park, in which they could place attractions based on the animated features that are set in exotic locales, like Lion King, Jungle Book and Tarzan.

There are some beautiful environments in The Lion King that would be cool to explore, if it was done right.
                  "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                  Disney sequel):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                  Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Also if there isn't any space we cud do the same thing as haunted mansion. Make the line in the park and the actual attraction part can go outside the park. As for what the attraction would be like, it would be like a ride thru of the movie. You just sit and basicLly watch the movie go by

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

The Lion King is one of my top picks for a dark ride. It's got everything you would need to make an effective dark ride--fantastic environments, top-notch music, dialogue featuring many short, iconic phrases, and plot points that are easy to understand with a moment's observation. Locations like the elephants' graveyard and the oasis would make for wonderful, immersive sets, and you could twist the track around to make some set pieces pull double duty for different scenes.

One thing I would definitely try to do if I were in charge of designing it is have the ride begin and end in the same room, with Rafiki lifting up the lion cub.
                      Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I would like to see a Jungle book ride in Adventure land (space limited I know) A wall-E ride in tomorrow land and I think we need to represent the princess' better in ride form since the only current ride is Snow white which is not that great. I have big hopes for the mermaid ride so I hope they do it right! I think they need to keep toontown just do a major overhaul so that there are at least 2 more rides! they need a dark ride based on the adventures of Mickey and friends could use the 4D movie car type ride to enhance the crazy experiences in the old catoons!
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                          Also if there isn't any space we cud do the same thing as haunted mansion. Make the line in the park and the actual attraction part can go outside the park. As for what the attraction would be like, it would be like a ride thru of the movie. You just sit and basicLly watch the movie go by
                          Well i'd like a lion king ride, but when i watched Princess and the Frog just recently i thought all the voodoo in that movie would make a pretty cool ride.

Comment

So true ^^^ and I agree with karalora!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

I would love to see a Lion King dark ride, personally. It's one of my favorite Disney animated features, and really poorly represented in the DLR. I don't know how popular it would be a decade and a half after the film's release, but I'd imagine it'd do fairly well, at least. Some of the key scenes would probably be Simba and Mufasa on Pride Rock, the stampede, a "Hakuna Matata" show scene, the battle, and Simba's ascent as king on Pride Rock. With appropriate animatronics, hand-painted cycloramas of the African landscape, and great music, I think it could easily become an instant classic.

Now, as for where to put it...well, it's an animated feature, which is what one would normally put in Fantasyland, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the pastiche of European villages (and European stories) currently found there...I think it'd actually be more appropriate in Adventureland. Normally, I'd prefer to keep animated characters out of Adventureland, but I think it'd work in this case...if only there were room! =/

Comment

The attraction has to go above and beyond just the movie. Otherwise you could just sit at home and watch the movie again. The attraction has to be an enhanced experience. Either take some of the characters from the movie and make a new adventure for them, or create the complete environment where you feel like you are part of the story, or add personalization, randomness, interactivity, trackless motion, etc. The best rides are those that take you into a complete, self-contained universe of that story, to the point where for a minute you actually forget you are at Disneyland because you are so absorbed in it. Then when you leave the attraction it takes a few seconds to re-adjust to the reality that you're at Disneyland, and then you choose what to do next. Just having a dark ride where you ride through and view scenes from the movie is not enough any more. It has to be an experience that can't be duplicated at home just by popping a DVD into the player and watching it.

Comment

Yes, definitely it deserves something! A dark ride would be amazing!

I think they should destroy Toontown and expand Fantasyland with new dark rides, like a Lion King one, a Wall E one, etc.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X