This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] New Queue Review

This is my first thread and it may seem particular to some but, I see quite a few newer and refurnished rides with very limited or absent queue. I like to point out the decline of the really cool queue. They always help me get psyched for the ride. A few great examples are Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, and Indiana Jones, these attractions go the extra mile to pull you in and immerse you in the story of the ride. So I was thinking let put money and the fact that the rides would shut down till the changes were complete and imagine what kind of queue you all would love to see up-dated and/or improved.

I’m not talking about rebuilding rides just the queue. I mean we have some really great rides such as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountains ( no I’m not a mountain hater)..or great rides with really no queue California Screamer, The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and many more.

So I’ll get Start and my choice is “California Screamin,” this ride’s queue has all the charm of a gas station or the line at DMV. I know the line moves fairly quickly and it does have shade ( a saving grace) but, it lack a Disney feel , it feels more like six flags . The ride it self is a blast but the line is just there. Also lets think of the poor cast members who have to stand in some of the Queues some in the hot and the sun in less than seasonal clothes, or the wet and the rain. So when building that Queue keep them in mind too.

I’ve read where there are plans to incase the queue in a building but what will it be like inside, I’ve heard some many stories ..the fun house , a tribute to rollercoaster, and it hard to tell what way it will go. I then read the whole improvement is on indefinite hold ( did someone else hear a sudden draining sound in that one billion buckets of cash, I bet someone in the main office is going to have a new office on that). I like the fun house idea myself. A few fun house mirrors some animatronics ( a good AC ) could make it a great queue.

So lets see what you can all come up with. And thank for taking the time to read.
    Last edited by jedi Stitch; 12-12-2009, 11:44 PM.
    you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

re: New Queue Review

ooooo yeah, hate to be "that guy".... but "Qeue" is actually spelt "Queue"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
      ooooo yeah, hate to be "that guy".... but "Qeue" is actually spelt "Queue"
      I'd also hate to be "that guy" .... but it's "California Screamin' ", not "California Screamer".

Comment

Originally posted by jedi Stitch View Post
        This is my first thread and it may seem particular to some but, I see quite a few newer and refurnished rides with very limited or absent qeue. I like to point out the decline of the really cool qeue. They always help me get psyched for the ride. A few great examples are Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, and Indiana Jones, these attractions go the extra mile to pull you in and immerse you in the story of the ride. So I was thinking let put money and the fact that the rides would shut down till the changes were complete and imagine what kind of qeue you all would love to see up-dated and/or improved.

I’m not talking about rebuilding rides just the qeue. I mean we have some really great rides such as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountains ( no I’m not a mountain hater)..or great rides with really no qeue California Screamer, The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and many more.

So I’ll get Start and my choice is “California Screamer,” this ride’s qeue has all the charm of a gas station or the line at DMV. I know the line moves fairly quickly and it does have shade ( a saving grace) but, it lack a Disney feel , it feels more like six flags . The ride it self is a blast but the line is just there. Also lets think of the poor cast members who have to stand in some of the Qeues some in the hot and the sun in less than seasonal clothes, or the wet and the rain. So when building that Qeue keep them in mind too.

I’ve read where there are plans to incase the qeue in a building but what will it be like inside, I’ve heard some many stories ..the fun house , a tribute to rollercoaster, and it hard to tell what way it will go. I then read the whole improvement is on indefinite hold ( did someone else hear a sudden draining sound in that one billion buckets of cash, I bet someone in the main office is going to have a new office on that). I like the fun house idea myself. A few fun house mirrors some animatronics ( a good AC ) could make it a great qeue.

So lets see what you can all come up with. And thank for taking the time to read.
        Alright, well I feel bad for not contributing anything.

So I'll say this...
        While I do love fun houses, personally I feel like that would make DCA feel so much more ghetto.
        Like really, when you think of fun house you dont think of a Grade A theme park, you think of a pack-n-go carnival that's in your town for maybe a month tops before it's gone again. I feel like it would just add a layer of trash, not class, to DCA... and it definitely needs more class at this point.

Although I do agree that DCA needs more themed/interesting queues.
        Off the top of my head the only themed queues I can think of are Soarin, TOT, Grizzly, and Monsters Inc. Other than that, most the queues at DCA are incredibly boring.

Comment

yeah i agree the queues haven't been that great with recent attractions, but with california screamin, there's not much of a storyline, it's really just a rollercoaster.

but finding nemo could have used a nice queue, cause boy does that line get boring...

and i'm starting to fall asleep so i can't think of much else )
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

OK Fixed all Typos and it ok to be "that guy" on occasion...thanks
            you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
              yeah i agree the queues haven't been that great with recent attractions, but with california screamin, there's not much of a storyline, it's really just a rollercoaster.

but finding nemo could have used a nice queue, cause boy does that line get boring...

and i'm starting to fall asleep so i can't think of much else )

haha, I actually don't mind the queue for Nemo because you're out in the open, you get to see and hear the Matterhorn and you can see the subs and monorail go around. You can even hear some of the great bands playing on the stage (at night). It's the ride that's boring! ZING!

And Screamin' doesn't need an elaborate queue but it does need to have an overall new look to match the rest of the direction of the land. Have you looked at it lately? blaaah.

I think one attraction that is really in need of a new queue is BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ASTRO BLASTERS. Sure, it's a dark ride involving toys but does the queue need to look as cheap as it does? I'd like it to be as elaborate as the Star Tours queue.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

If you're listing attractions with GREAT queues, Roger Rabbit is definitely one of the best!

Now, one issue with elaborate queues, you don't want to waste TOO much space for an elaborate queue, which in a couple years will go mostly unused. You want to be able to use that space for something else, once the lines reach a more reasonable level.

Now which queue needs a serious makeover, Innoventions is just plain unbearable, they just need to put the entire innoventions out of it's decade plus misery.

I would like to see a better queue for pirates, but considering how quickly the line moves, and that most of the "magic" happens while on the boat, I'm not sure what they could do with the queue.

As for CA Screamin', with comments comparring the queue to a gas station and being ghetto, it really does blend in with a rollercoaster that is nothing more than a roller coaster. That is my entire issue with ALL of Paradise Pier, being a Craptacular theme. The entire coaster Desperately needs a COMPLETE makeover to change it into something completely different looking, or it needs to be removed to get the ghetto out of DCA.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

the queue to me that needs the most attention (other then screamin) is FNSV,especially on those hot days...i would suggest a coverd queue first off..not all the way just like a awning spaning the outside queue, once past a god portion of the out side..just after you get a good view of those annoying seaguls .right after that a show building could begin, filled with posters of australias coral reef,and vdeos , that kind of cool fun to learn thing that disney used to do so well.then when it goes underneath the autopia queue and tt begins to snake..that would be a good place to throw in turtle talk and have crush interact with people in queue while your waiting to board...
                  "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    As for CA Screamin', with comments comparring the queue to a gas station and being ghetto, it really does blend in with a rollercoaster that is nothing more than a roller coaster. That is my entire issue with ALL of Paradise Pier, being a Craptacular theme. The entire coaster Desperately needs a COMPLETE makeover to change it into something completely different looking, or it needs to be removed to get the ghetto out of DCA.
                    [bold mine]

Well, just to point it out, but if you were to remove CS from PP, wouldn't you just be taking out one of DCA's biggest weenies? (sorry for the heavy acronym-age) I mean, CS is the first thing you see after Sunshine Plaza, and it draws you toward the backside of the park. If you were to take it out, guests might not ever find out about WOC or newer attractions.

Sorry if I don't have anything more constructive to talk about...

--KAN

Comment

Re: New Queue Review

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                      I'd also hate to be "that guy" .... but it's "California Screamin' ", not "California Screamer".
                      Was waiting for that.
                      Shocked it took two posts to clear it up...LOL
                      But if you do look, the second time the ride was mentioned, it was done correctly.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Even though some lines aren't long,
                        I do agree that the queue line does need to have some personality.
                        Disney is suppose to be different, set itself apart from the others and right now, some of the queue's are no different than what SOME of the competition is producing.
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                          Now, one issue with elaborate queues, you don't want to waste TOO much space for an elaborate queue, which in a couple years will go mostly unused. You want to be able to use that space for something else, once the lines reach a more reasonable level.
                          Best post in this thread.

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          I actually don't mind the queue for Nemo because you're out in the open, you get to see and hear the Matterhorn and you can see the subs and monorail go around. You can even hear some of the great bands playing on the stage (at night).
                          There's also Jedi Training Academy to glance at. Very good observation. This is why I think FNSV's outdoor queue is fine. Just needs a little themeing for distraction and get you into the nautical mood as far as visual storytelling can occur.

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                          the queue to me that needs the most attention (other then screamin) is FNSV,especially on those hot days...i would suggest a coverd queue first off..not all the way just like a awning spaning the outside queue, once past a god portion of the out side..just after you get a good view of those annoying seaguls .right after that a show building could begin, filled with posters of australias coral reef,and vdeos , that kind of cool fun to learn thing that disney used to do so well.then when it goes underneath the autopia queue and tt begins to snake..that would be a good place to throw in turtle talk and have crush interact with people in queue while your waiting to board...
                          So many typos.

FNSV queue never goes under the Autopia queue...

I'm not sure where you are proposing an awning? In-between the monorail beam and Matterhorn where the extended chain queue is with umbrellas? I saw read Aladdin's post.

Why have Turtle Talk in the queue? This isn't TSMM or DCA's MI. I think the seagulls & a Nigel pelican AA would serve that bill better. But I'm fine if Nigel doesn't have a speaking role. Otherwise, this is most likely unnecessary.

The attractions takes longer to un/load which is why the queue moves in "masses" and not a in a steady "stream".

I can recall outdoor queues leading into indoor attractions, but not the other way around. Also constructing a permanent indoor queue takes up more room which some attractions don't have.
                          Last edited by filmfreak11; 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                          -Jurassic Park

Comment

ok wel i thimk we camn alll ageww taht we mak mitaks wit tpyos anf suxh )
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                              ok wel i thimk we camn alll ageww taht we mak mitaks wit tpyos anf suxh )
                              thank you i think...what can i say i was in a hurry,and just a wee bit tired..im useually better then that....
                              "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

It's not the typos so much as the wrong word usage, such as, (and not found in this thread by the way) using the word "then" when the word "than" is the corrct usage and vise versa. It's those kinds of things that'll drag down the credibilty of the thread, becase all I'm thinkin' is the poster must be 8 or 9 years old.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....In Disneyland Finding Nemo maybe needs something, but.....in California Adventure, pretty much ALL OF 'EM need something
                                sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                                  It's those kinds of things that'll drag down the credibilty of the thread, becase all I'm thinkin' is the poster must be 8 or 9 years old.
                                  Sometimes you give me entirely too much credit. I would go with 5 or 6 years old, anything more is simply complimenting me!

I enjoy a well themed queue. I feel it adds to the experience of the attraction itself. If I had to pick one particular attraction that needed a better queue it would be Matterhorn. Teacups and Alice come in a close second.
                                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Apparantly no one hated being "that guy" enough to actually not be that guy.
                                    The OP's writing was at least good enough that when everyone was done playing english professor, they were able to finally comment on the topic at hand.

On another thread awhile back, people were hammering on a certain MC'er for his spelling and grammar, only to (hopefully) feel like a-holes when the Mc'er admitted to having a learning disability. You just never know, it's a Disney fan site for god sake, a little tolerance would be civil.

(Sorry for the tirade)

Comment

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                                      Apparantly Apparently no one hated being "that guy" enough to actually not be that guy.
                                      The OP's writing was at least good enough that when everyone was done playing english English professor, they were able to finally comment on the topic at hand.

On another thread awhile back, people were hammering on a certain MC'er for his spelling and grammar, only to (hopefully) feel like a-holes when the Mc'er admitted to having a learning disability. You just never know, it's a Disney fan site for god God's sake, a little tolerance would be civil.
                                      Fixed.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                        Fixed.

) Thanks!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X