:lol:
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Re: New Queue Review

oh i love when threads get off topic :lol:
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I love strawberries...

ok seriously now back on topic!

sigpic

Comment

DCA has the most rides that need queue improvement.
              If I wanted a general stale line, I'd go to the circus or state fair.
              I go to Disney b/c Walt built the park on the idea of higher standards for entertainment and the queue line is part of the entertainment.
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                DCA has the most rides that need queue improvement.
                If I wanted a general stale line, I'd go to the circus or state fair.
                I go to Disney b/c Walt built the park on the idea of higher standards for entertainment and the queue line is part of the entertainment.
                Hopefully you realize the irony in this statement is that many early attraction queues were little more then chains and ropes. The concept of a themed queue is a relatively modern one... not something Disney himself started with.

sigpic

Comment

ok, trying to stay on topic. here i go.

i would say one positive thing about the Indy queue. not only when you enter the temple thing it does take you into a whole other whole, but also the fact that the ride is hidden beneath the trees where no one can see it as they walk by.

see! even i can stay on topic! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    Hopefully you realize the irony in this statement is that many early attraction queues were little more then chains and ropes. The concept of a themed queue is a relatively modern one... not something Disney himself started with.
                    Rides like Peter pan have some what of a theme going on.
                    The outer part is just chains.
                    I realize as the park progressed the lines got better.
                    I wasn't there, but I would think even the lines back then felt more themed than rides like Screamin right now
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

ok,
                      I did some looking around

Old Peter Pan pic (orig queue area)
                      (from Davelandweb)

Original entrance to Peter Pan, Feb. 1960

http://www.davelandweb.com/peterpan/...terPan_N29.jpg

Yes,
                      lots of chains
                      but still more appealing looking that what Screamin' offers (I think...many may disagree)
                      Quote by Al:
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

well all things considerd, maybe screamin does not need a themed queue..simply because they do not hide the fact its a roller coaster..so if its not trying to pretend to take you some where else ..then it is what it is and maybe the non themed queue is what is called for?
                        "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                          well all things considerd, maybe screamin does not need a themed queue..simply because they do not hide the fact its a roller coaster..so if its not trying to pretend to take you some where else ..then it is what it is and maybe the non themed queue is what is called for?
                          A themed queue is what it needs. An elaborate queue? Not as much. It still needs to match the land and that is a theme in itself.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                            A themed queue is what it needs. An elaborate queue? Not as much. It still needs to match the land and that is a theme in itself.
                            well now that you mention it it does feel like they missed it when they gave things that victorian feel... but i retract my statement to a point..where it needs to be added to the style of the land...

Comment

the outside queue of monsters inc is pretty bad...

Comment

This reminds me of a thread I started back in July:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-plussing.html

I'd have to say that the Fantasyland dark rides really need some TLC, as well as Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage and California Screamin'.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by jedi Stitch View Post
                                  OK Fixed all Typos and it ok to be "that guy" on occasion...thanks
                                  "it's..."

*The Liberty Bell plays in the background*
                                  Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                                    the outside queue of monsters inc is pretty bad...
                                    well if there was ever a line for it, then yes it would be pretty bad )

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
                                      "it's..."

*The Liberty Bell plays in the background*
                                      didn't see this, and i must comment: :lol::bang:

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                                        well if there was ever a line for it, then yes it would be pretty bad )
                                        ouch true...but still ouch..wonder what the queue for EO will look like ? will they redo the facase of the building or just slap up and EO poster and say here ya go?

Comment

Well...California Screaming has no story and neither does Big Thunder Mtn.
                                          Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X