Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

    So I was watching a video from Wonderful World of Color and I saw that the Rainforest scene was originally in the South America part of the attraction until it got moved to its own section and then moved awkwardly into the Island section.

    Would it be better for the Rainforest scene to be moved back into the South America scene? By watching the video, would you want any scenes moved to their original location or animatronics moving or brought back that are in the video that aren't there now?

    Share your thoughts!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKt_o6AflbI"]YouTube - '64 Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair (It's A Small World)[/ame]


  • #2
    Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

    That's really interesting. I actually really like it there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

      I'd like them to rip out the Disney Characters, remove the America portion
      and put the ride back to it's original form.
      I love the Holiday layover, but it's just a layover, not permanent.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

        Just to note, that's the World's Fair Layout, not the DL one. Also, if I recall, that was shot in the studio before being sent to New York, so things are a lot different.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

          I really wish this was what the ride was like, it seems like their are more anomtornics
          Happy Halloween!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

            Actually, I'd opt for removing the WHOLE RIDE. The song is just so danm annoying, and not many can stand it.

            No, what I'd opt for? Nightmare Before Christmas attraction in place of Small World. ATLEAST that movie was cool. We got HMH but thats an overlay, nothing permenat...if there was atleast 1 Nightmare thing in HM, I may have missed it.

            Small World sucks, so does the song. Nuff Said

            All the dragons gonna say
            Fantasmic Dragon
            STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

            Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
            This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
            I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

              Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
              Actually, I'd opt for removing the WHOLE RIDE. The song is just so danm annoying, and not many can stand it.

              No, what I'd opt for? Nightmare Before Christmas attraction in place of Small World. ATLEAST that movie was cool. We got HMH but thats an overlay, nothing permenat...if there was atleast 1 Nightmare thing in HM, I may have missed it.

              Small World sucks, so does the song. Nuff Said

              All the dragons gonna say
              Fantasmic Dragon
              heh... good one

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                I preferred the rain forest in its own room. The narrow space and lower lighting compared to the rest of the ride made the jungle setting more effective. Also, there's a dissonance now with the peaked longhouse roof leading to...the midwestern United States? What?

                However, given that we have a USA scene and it probably isn't going anywhere, it really needs to be improved. The farm scene appears unfinished, with these kids all sitting stiffly on haystacks and singing without moving any other part of their bodies.
                Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                  Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                  heh... good one
                  Thank you, I expected to be bombed by people who like the attraction! XD

                  That means BEARLY anybody likes the attraction. OPT FOR NIGHTMARE ATTRACTION!

                  I've seen the ride, and the rainforest scene is just too akward for it.

                  My 2 cents
                  FantasmicDragon
                  STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

                  Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                  This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                  I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                    Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                    Actually, I'd opt for removing the WHOLE RIDE. The song is just so danm annoying, and not many can stand it.
                    Not many can stand it...that's why so many people line up to ride it every day .

                    Anyway, I think the rainforest scene would fit nicely (thematically) in the South America section, so long as nothing currently there has to be displaced. Otherwise, I believe it would fit nicely into that section currently occupied by the "Kuzco's Doodles" version of America. (If they want to keep the America section, I'm sure they could find artists on DeviantART or right here on MiceChat that could emulate Blair's style better than what they've got now.)

                    Also, I'd like the Disney character dolls removed and placed into displays in a refurbished Small World Toy Shop. That way, the ride would be restored to its former glory, but the people who like the characters could still see them, and they could still promote toy sales! Everybody's happy!
                    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

                    Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                    Disney sequel):
                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

                    Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu


                    Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com



                    Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                      Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post
                      Not many can stand it...that's why so many people line up to ride it every day .

                      Anyway, I think the rainforest scene would fit nicely (thematically) in the South America section, so long as nothing currently there has to be displaced. Otherwise, I believe it would fit nicely into that section currently occupied by the "Kuzco's Doodles" version of America. (If they want to keep the America section, I'm sure they could find artists on DeviantART or right here on MiceChat that could emulate Blair's style better than what they've got now.)

                      Also, I'd like the Disney character dolls removed and placed into displays in a refurbished Small World Toy Shop. That way, the ride would be restored to its former glory, but the people who like the characters could still see them, and they could still promote toy sales! Everybody's happy!
                      Thats only because those peoples have little kids that BEG to go on. Wait till there teenagers then they'll hollar NOT to go on! XD
                      STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

                      Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                      This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                      I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                        Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                        Thats only because those peoples have little kids that BEG to go on. Wait till there teenagers then they'll hollar NOT to go on! XD
                        But... I'm not a little kid and I absolutely adore this ride! It's always my final ride of the day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                          Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                          I preferred the rain forest in its own room. The narrow space and lower lighting compared to the rest of the ride made the jungle setting more effective. Also, there's a dissonance now with the peaked longhouse roof leading to...the midwestern United States? What?

                          However, given that we have a USA scene and it probably isn't going anywhere, it really needs to be improved. The farm scene appears unfinished, with these kids all sitting stiffly on haystacks and singing without moving any other part of their bodies.
                          Agreed. Also, it needs some more elements, like the golden gate and a crab surfer).


                          Timekeeper
                          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                            Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                            Actually, I'd opt for removing the WHOLE RIDE. The song is just so danm annoying, and not many can stand it.

                            No, what I'd opt for? Nightmare Before Christmas attraction in place of Small World. ATLEAST that movie was cool. We got HMH but thats an overlay, nothing permenat...if there was atleast 1 Nightmare thing in HM, I may have missed it.

                            Small World sucks, so does the song. Nuff Said

                            All the dragons gonna say
                            Fantasmic Dragon
                            Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                            Thank you, I expected to be bombed by people who like the attraction! XD

                            That means BEARLY anybody likes the attraction. OPT FOR NIGHTMARE ATTRACTION!

                            I've seen the ride, and the rainforest scene is just too akward for it.

                            My 2 cents
                            FantasmicDragon
                            Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                            Thats only because those peoples have little kids that BEG to go on. Wait till there teenagers then they'll hollar NOT to go on! XD
                            You wanted someone to bombard you about your comment? I'm more than happy to do so! IASW is a classic. The music and the ride itself, may suck to some people who don't get the whole concept of the ride. I personally LOVE the ride! I think it's a good-hearted, loving masterpiece! It's one of the best attractions in the park.

                            Barely anybody likes the attraction? Why then are the lines so long much of the time? And why are many of the people in line for Small World NOT WITH CHILDREN?! I'm one that loved the ride, even through my teenage years! I still love the ride, even though I'm older and more prone to spot technical glitches (in all rides/movies) here and there.

                            It's a FANTASTIC concept, full of love, harmony, and a catchy tune. If so many people hated it, then why do people say "Wow, it's a small world we live in", whenever they meet someone for the first time and find out that knows somebody you know? Hmmm.... Could it be that IASW has had a DEFINITE impact on the world over the years and the phrase has been added to the worldwide venacular and vocabulary?

                            "BEARLY anybody likes the attraction"....HA! Nice try!

                            Small World is GREAT, and so is the song! "Nuf said"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                              right on!:thumbup:
                              "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                                in the video everything seems so much more animated then i remember going on it recently..and it looked really good with out the Disney characters thrown in,was it just me that thought it was more animated then useual?
                                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                                  *eye rolls at everybodys comments about her post*
                                  Goodie, Im being bombarded by commants. Really I was EXPECTING a bombarding and i got it, by the looks of it.

                                  Remember that it was my 2 cents i gave.
                                  FantasmicDragon
                                  STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

                                  Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                                  This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                                  I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                                    South America would definitely be more logical! For people wanting it removed, NO. Just NO. haha the ride is a masterpiece whether you think so or not. The song gets annoying, but if you're a composer you'll understand how well-written the song is. A+ attraction.
                                    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                                      Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                                      Thats only because those peoples have little kids that BEG to go on. Wait till there teenagers then they'll hollar NOT to go on! XD
                                      I go on IASW... And so do my non-Disneyland-obsessed friends. So that's not really true...
                                      OH, and the reasons you're getting bombarded is because you make very general statements. Like saying that teenagers don't like the ride. And that most people can't stand the song. Speak for yourself, young Padowan. But put words in other's mouths, you should not.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: It's a Small World... Moved and Removed?

                                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                                        I go on IASW... And so do my non-Disneyland-obsessed friends. So that's not really true...
                                        OH, and the reasons you're getting bombarded is because you make very general statements. Like saying that teenagers don't like the ride. And that most people can't stand the song. Speak for yourself, young Padowan. But put words in other's mouths, you should not.
                                        ^^^ What he said. :-)
                                        Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X