This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] monopoly: the disneyLAND version

so i was at work today (target) stocking board games back on the shelves, when i came across a box full of the disney version of monopoly board games. it looked pretty cool and i thought to myself "i would actually enjoy playing this some time". and thats when i got another thought... "i would enjoy it even more if they made a disneyland version of monopoly!" haha thatd be sweet!

the properties in the game could be all the different attractions (matterhorn, tea cups) and major landmarks (monorail, partners statue) from disneyland and matched up with the real game according to popularity. kinda like, the higher the " abcde ticket value" of an attraction, the more it would be worth when tied in to the actual board game. (ie baltic ave $60= main street cinema, park place $400= sleeping beauty castle). and the little plastic hotels you put on your properties could look like the disney hotel (one of the buildings) or the grand californian. and going past "go" on the board would look like the front entrance gates. the "electric company" space could be the "electrical parade" lol and "water works" could be "rivers of america". and the railroad spaces could be the main street, new orleans square, toon town, and tomorrowland stations! and the picture on free parking could be a picture of the tram lol

i think if they made a disneyland version of monopoly, with pics of attractions and everything id have a lot of fun playing that haha. anyone have any thoughts, comments or ideas about this?

Re: monopoly: the disneyLAND version

It's not specific to Disneyland, but they did make a Disney Theme Park Monopoly:

I believe they actually made two editions with different attractions listed.

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
      I believe they actually made two editions with different attractions listed.
      Yup. I have the other one.

Comment

I was at Disneyland today and saw that and thougt it was the most collest thing around. I would definetly play the Disney version of Monopoly it looked so fun.
        Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

wow... lol in that case, kindly disregard this thread
          i wanna check that out tho... i wonder if any of the ideas i had are actually in the game haha

Comment

How about a Disneyland version of the board game Clue...Col. Hathi did it in Tomorrowland with a churro...
            "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
            Disney sequel):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
            Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

They have Haunted Mansion Clue.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

and Haunted Mansion Life
                (saw it at engine Ears in DCA
                My Art site
                http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I have the Disney version. I would love a Disneyland version!
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I'm planning on buying this on my trip this Monday I want to see if this version still destroys friendships like the original monopoly

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

There was a board game a few years back called 'Magic Kingdom' which was a hybrid of both WDW's Magic Kingdom and Anaheim's original park. It featured visits to attractions as well as opportunities to collect Donald and Mickey autographs. It was close enough to the real deal that I would intentionally lose to my daughter so I could stay in the park longer.
                      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Comment

theres a Trivial persuit gasme thats all disney..i used to own it
                          My Art site

Comment

One of these days I'm gonna make one myself, all slick and pro looking in Photoshop.

Comment

theres tons of monopoly versions i found
                              JUNIOR
                              VILLIANS
                              PIXAR
                              Disney channel
                              Mickey
                              2 Disney editions

EDIT:
                              [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SORRY-Disneys-Splash-Mountain-Collectible/dp/B0018KHAJU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1261009451&sr=8-14]Amazon.com: SORRY! Disney's Splash Mountain Theme Park Edition in Collectible Tin: Toys & Games[/ame]
                              Splash mountain Sorry? O.o
                              My Art site

Comment

No, there isn't. Only the mixed version. I didn't mean to sound like I was disparaging the OP's idea, just pointing out the existence of something similar in case he actually wanted to get his hands on one.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
                                  theres tons of monopoly versions i found
                                  JUNIOR
                                  VILLIANS
                                  PIXAR
                                  Disney channel
                                  Mickey
                                  2 Disney editions

EDIT:
                                  Amazon.com: SORRY! Disney's Splash Mountain Theme Park Edition in Collectible Tin: Toys & Games
                                  Splash mountain Sorry? O.o
                                  True, but the OP is imagineering a Disneyland version, something he would like to see made, of which there is NOTHING currently offered!

So, fantasnick, what would the player tokens be modeled after? There's usually 6. Here's my picks:

Partners
                                  Mark Twain Riverboat
                                  Double Decker Bus
                                  Monorail (front car)
                                  Matterhorn Bobsled
                                  Astro Orbiter Rocket

One of the Chace cards could be "You bring back the People Mover! Collect $1,000 from each player."

The values of the properties, etc. should be higher like in the Here and Now version. (ex. Space Mountain costs $250,000. And the Castle costs $500,000)
                                  Last edited by disney-fan-reborn; 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
                                    True, but the OP is imagineering a Disneyland version, something he would like to see made, of which there is NOTHING currently offered!

So, fantasnick, what would the player tokens be modeled after? There's usually 6. Here's my picks:

Partners
                                    Mark Twain Riverboat
                                    Double Decker Bus
                                    Monorail (front car)
                                    Matterhorn Bobsled
                                    Astro Orbiter Rocket

One of the Chace cards could be "You bring back the People Mover! Collect $1,000 from each player."

The values of the properties, etc. should be higher like in the Here and Now version. (ex. Space Mountain costs $250,000. And the Castle costs $500,000)
                                    haha ya i like the higher prices better. and i actually hadnt even thought of the game pieces but you picked some good ones. they should actually have one to represent every land! and a few extra too. like the double decker bus for main street, jungle cruise boats for adventureland, maybe the mark twain for nos cuz i dont know what else we would use? haha doombuggy? but then mayb the front train from big thunder for frontierland, a pooh vehic splash mountain log for critter country, maybe a tea cup for fantasyland or a matterhorn bobsled would work also, and then ya one of the astro orbitor rockets for tomorrowland. but i like the partners statue and the monorail as pieces too.
                                    so thats a few more than 6 game pieces but who cares! lol

Comment

There is a licesned make your own Monopoly Board Game in which you print all the custom stuff like cards, money and pictures to go make the property, utilities and other board squares. They even provide the sticker paper to peel and stick after you print them. I made a Harry Potter Monopoly Game by using actual pictures from the movies and locations for the property and real estate cards. The Hogwarts Express was the Train and other things took the place of the other Utilities. It came out better than I thought. I bought it on-line but just can't remember where from. It's a lot of fun finding the things to add to the game and you can even make your own player peices. So if you can find this, you can make your own Disneyland Monopoly Board Game.
                                      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

My kids and I actually tried to make a Disneyland monopoly from scratch but we got bored lol

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X