This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] DLR tracking wait times...

I was hangin' out in DLR last night (12/13) and went through the Fast Pass line for ToT at around 6:30 pm and the cast member handed me a plastic red card attached to a keyring. She told me that I needed to hand that to the Castmember at the end of the line and that they were tracking wait times.

So I carried it for the rest of the time in line and handed it off to the Castmember loading the ride, he said thank you and that was it. I've never seen this card before and thought I should share.

Thanks!
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Re: DLR tracking wait times...

They are actually sent out every 10 minutes, minimum. Well, at least their supposed to be.

Comment

Oh really? That often huh? How long have they been using them? Do they mainly hand them out in the regular queue? Cause I am always going through the Fastpass line so perhaps that has contributed to me never seeing one. I wonder how they know how long the card takes to get from one Castmember to another. There didn't seem to be anything scannable and there was nothing written on them like a start time. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceDog76 View Post
        Oh really? That often huh? How long have they been using them? Do they mainly hand them out in the regular queue? Cause I am always going through the Fastpass line so perhaps that has contributed to me never seeing one. I wonder how they know how long the card takes to get from one Castmember to another. There didn't seem to be anything scannable and there was nothing written on them like a start time. Interesting.
        They would usually hand them out for people using the FP too to see how long they waited with the FP.

The red cards are elecrtronically scanned at the front which begins the time on their system. It's scanned again at the loading are usuing the same kind of scanner used at the front. You won't know how long since it's all electronic and the CM's won't tell you how long you waited.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Sweeet, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
            They would usually hand them out for people using the FP too to see how long they waited with the FP.

The red cards are elecrtronically scanned at the front which begins the time on their system. It's scanned again at the loading are usuing the same kind of scanner used at the front. You won't know how long since it's all electronic and the CM's won't tell you how long you waited.
            Because you can't just look down at your watch and see for yourself?

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I've always wondered what those red tags were. A CM at the fast pass entry looked posed ready to hand me the red tag, but decided not to give me one as I flashed my FP ticket.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

My brother was handed on of these for TSMM unfortunately he forgot to hand it to the cast member at the loading area. I guess the do it every 10 min to because of instances like this.
                "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Comment

The Red card is most use in the Standby line to up date the wait time on the board.
                  Most time the Castmember will send two Red card about 10 min a part.

I think disney do it about One or two hours.

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

When we went last week, my 8 year old was handed one at ToT(I was not in line with him) at about 11am. Around 9pm when we were getting ready to leave, he showed me the card. Guess that was a long wait for ToT.
                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X