X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxmat2
    replied
    Re: If Ghost Galaxy Came Back

Going on it first day was disappointed that everything was normal with the exception of a couple signs saying might be scary for children and the big ghost galaxy sign they bought at Wal Mart the day before. Thought I heard a different audio for the personal but when going on again it was the same and that was lame as well. If they add different stuff these coming years this has potential to being A+ material.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Scott
    replied

im all for the fiber optic lights cause disco balls attract Disco Debby!
    (she scares me)

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    personally. Make it creepy n scary. besides I see more adults then kids at DLR.it's not like any little kids ride this. (plus if it's scary, little kids won't wanna ride it) shorter lines

turn off all the lights in the indoor queue and turn it into a creepy maze with ghosts popping out of no where.

as for the ride-
    add a fog effect
    scary music
    water effects
    real ghosts(people) chasing you

Remember... life's no fun without a good scare. and we need to clone the HKDL Halloween parade.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• WannaCub
    replied

Here's a general suggestion for Space Mountain; why not add a fiber optic starfield to the Space building itself and then you wouldn't need the disco balls and lights to do the starfield? Wouldn't this make the whole ride pitch black with "stars" off in the distance?

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
    How about in the queue they add a mini-fog projection like with Davy Jones on Pirates, but with the ghost popping out randomly?
    I don't think it'd work. Much like how the rat effect ussually doesn't work on Indy. The mist screens require a certain amount of reset time and don't really hold up to people constantly shifting through them. I also don't think many people would enjoy standing under such an effect for a prolonged period of time

Leave a comment:

• KEBSD
    replied

How about in the queue they add a mini-fog projection like with Davy Jones on Pirates, but with the ghost popping out randomly?

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied

funny how most people want improvements to the queue .

I will definitly agree with that idea though. I don't know about shutting the lights off but they should at least be flickered Indy style while having some creaking sounds playing and maybe the sounds of chains being dragged around the station and such typical ghost noises along with station noises.

I'd like even more done but I realize that this is probably the shortest overlay offered at the resort and as such should probably have a turnaround time no greater then a day or two with it perferably being able to be activated with the flip of a switch overnight

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

It will probably be back next year. I was able to see it once before it was removed. Didn't think it was scary at all, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    replied

I agree with several posters that the queue needs to be plussed next year. I like the idea of the flickering lights in the station. Maybe have one of the faux space station doors look like its taken damage somehow from something on the outside. random growls around the queue would be cool too.

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

^That's an interesting idea to add scars to the rockets. I really like it.

Leave a comment:

• MainStreetJake
    replied

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
    well this was the first stab at it for DLR maybe next halloween they will do more since they got a feel for its popularity and know lots of people want it back
    That's what I've heard too. And I think that what they did was awesome, there is some stuff I'd like to see plussed.
    1. Que - from the beginning, all the way to getting on the ride, they need to add stuff. change the lighting color to darker schemes, add flickers and dimmers. Add to the audio. Have Space Personnel cry out for help, with ghost screams added. Change the Red Sign right before entering the mountain.
    2. Music - I think the music was "cool" but it wasn't scary or intense. I'd like to see the music get really dark, and travel with the ride.
    3. Bob (Galaxy Ghost) - I loved this character! I really think that he was legitimately awesome. However, the screens Bob was projected on were too easy to see, and with that, lost some of the magic. If they could "lose" the projectors, it'd be A LOT better. Also, with the coming years of Ghost Galaxy occupying Space Mountain for the Halloween season, I think they need to change the ghost. What's the point of having a ghost attack a space station, if it's the same one each year? Bring in a new ghost, with varying effects each year. Add some black lights to the asteroids...LIGHT THEM UP! They're a key part of this thing called SPACE...I want to see them. If they have time, add some "electric scars" to random parts of the train, showing the near collisions with the Galaxy Ghost.

Leave a comment:

• Syndrome
    replied

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
    I actually thought the soundtrack, off the shelf or cheesy or not, was pretty fun and worked well. Though I must agree, those synth strings killed me. Astroid definitely needs to be lit in some form. Blacklight, anything. Just light it up!

I thought it would be cool if at the very end, on the second-to-last turn until the re-entry tunnel, they would start two screens on either side of you that twisted all the way to the left turn, with a Bob projection at the end. The effect would be something like this: Giant, ghostly hands appear in front of you, and you turn the corner, only to see Bob himself pulling, twisting you toward your celestial doom! As the Galaxy Ghost follows you around the left turn, you turn straight into his galaxy eye and it's Bob's end when he bursts in a spectacular explosion of color (and a photo op).
    Agree with the soundtrack. The idea sounds good too.

Leave a comment:

• sunrider
    replied

well this was the first stab at it for DLR maybe next halloween they will do more since they got a feel for its popularity and know lots of people want it back

Leave a comment:

• timbabbcomedian
    replied

The line was the biggest thing for me as well.

There is a ghost attacking the station and the comm chatter is the same normal chatter that's been going on since 1977? How about mixing in things going wrong? How about the safety spiel getting interrupted? Maybe some sound effects of things moving behind the walls.

The line should definitely be more haunted!

Leave a comment:

• BC_DisneyGeek
    replied

I thought the music was the weakest part of the overlay. Too subdued, it pales in comparison to the usual score.

I also agree it would be nice to have the projections blend into the blackness a little better, the way they're surrounded by light diminishes the immersiveness of the attraction.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for Disney to plus Ghost Galaxy in any way. It appeared to be a huge draw is is was, and I'm skeptical they'll spend any money to improve the experience as a result.

Leave a comment:

• Joshnyah
    replied

[quote

[/quote]
    Great Picture, I love these behind the scenes photos.

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

I actually thought the soundtrack, off the shelf or cheesy or not, was pretty fun and worked well. Though I must agree, those synth strings killed me. Astroid definitely needs to be lit in some form. Blacklight, anything. Just light it up!

I thought it would be cool if at the very end, on the second-to-last turn until the re-entry tunnel, they would start two screens on either side of you that twisted all the way to the left turn, with a Bob projection at the end. The effect would be something like this: Giant, ghostly hands appear in front of you, and you turn the corner, only to see Bob himself pulling, twisting you toward your celestial doom! As the Galaxy Ghost follows you around the left turn, you turn straight into his galaxy eye and it's Bob's end when he bursts in a spectacular explosion of color (and a photo op).

Leave a comment:

• Jeno Entertainment
    replied

Indoor rollercoasters are rockin', and that's why I like looking at pictures of Space Mountain with the lights on! You see, when you're on the rocket, they make the ride dark on purpose (so it will scare you). But me? I never get scared on that ride any more (I only get curious, you see!). I always wondered what was inside there (and what kept making that rumbling sound!). I like the way the floors vibrate. 'Don't know much about Ghost Galaxy.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

personally. Make it creepy n scary. besides I see more adults then kids at DLR.it's not like any little kids ride this. (plus if it's scary, little kids won't wanna ride it) shorter lines

turn off all the lights in the indoor queue and turn it into a creepy maze with ghosts popping out of no where.

as for the ride-
    add a fog effect
    scary music
    water effects
    real ghosts(people) chasing you

Remember... life's no fun without a good scare. and we need to clone the HKDL Halloween parade.
    Last edited by DannyLand; 12-16-2009, 03:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMousePal
    replied

Ghost Galaxy should come back....but it nees to be better.
    First of all better graphics.
    Second needs to be more scarier.
    Finally they also need to change the image on the fastpass...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X