Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Can the F! performers hear the music?

Just a question that has been bugging me.. can the performs hear the music from the island during the show? If not, how do they time their movements and such? I think it would be hard to hear it since it's only played in the viewing area.

Re: Can the F! performers hear the music?

Well me being a colorguard performer we do everything by counts so if they do the same thing they don't have to worry about hearing music
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

They may have wireless earpice to hear music.

Something like Carvin EM901 EXTRA RECEIVER FOR EMS900 IN-EAR PERSONAL MONITOR SYSTEM
      Last edited by akfandisney; 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM.

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I think they get to know what part of the music is which, especially if there's pyros. One time I was right in front of Splash watching them load up the rafts and one of the monkey's motioned to one of the pyros going off. It was quite funny because he/she wasn't exactly in the main show space, so I'm sure they have it down based on timing.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

I bet they have a copy of the soundtrack and do rehersals at home.

As AkFanDisney has mentioned, they most likley have wirless earpieces.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

There are speakers out on the island stage that play lots of the soundtrack in addition to the speakers along the riverfront. Wait out there several hours before the show and you'll hear the sound check when the area music stops coming from the area speakers and comes from the island for a few minutes. Both the Columbia and Mark Twain also have speakers on them to play the soundtrack; you can hear this by standing off the stage right or left during each ship's entrance or exit. You can hear the sound just begin or cease. I'm not sure about the smaller barges, but I would assume they also have speakers.

Comment

The barges also have speakers. There are also speakers in the changing areas and green rooms, as well as the capability for the Stage Manager to make P.A. announcements to the island.

Comment

I was wondering this same thing while I was at work today..

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                  The barges also have speakers. There are also speakers in the changing areas and green rooms, as well as the capability for the Stage Manager to make P.A. announcements to the island.
                  Is this how they let them know if they are going to do alternate scenes or whatnot?

Comment

There was a video posted of the monkeys on the barge from the barge itself.. they hid a camera on it. There was music on the barge, as soon as the barge went to black to speakers turned off instantly.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                    ~

Comment

Hmmm everything mKes total sense!
                      So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                        There was a video posted of the monkeys on the barge from the barge itself.. they hid a camera on it. There was music on the barge, as soon as the barge went to black to speakers turned off instantly.
                        Speaking of that, if everyone has a chance, watch from the side of the island (in front of Splash and where the Westward Hos was) and watch them set up the barges (Their closer on the Splash side) It's highly fascinating and some of the performers do funny things for you such as make a pose when pyros go off.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

You can hear the music from tomorrowland, so i'm sure they can hear it XD

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                            Speaking of that, if everyone has a chance, watch from the side of the island (in front of Splash and where the Westward Hos was) and watch them set up the barges (Their closer on the Splash side) It's highly fascinating and some of the performers do funny things for you such as make a pose when pyros go off.
                            I have watched from that area.
                            And it is very fun.
                            It's interesting to watch how the barges transform so quickly.
                            Those guys are good and don't get the credit they deserve.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

I'm pretty sure they have stage monitors, which are speakers that point towards the performers. IMO, earpieces could have battery issues, wireless issues, so on so forth.....speakers are the easier and more effective way to get the music to the performers.

Comment

Next time we watch the show, let's bring some wireless headsets and see if we can tune in to their channels.

Comment

Well I dont work for disney, so I dont know for sure.
                                  But I am in a band and from a stage the music you hear so clear is muddled to the people on stage. Head sets do tend to be a bit iffy at best so the standerd is monitor speekers.
                                  Now on the barges I would guesstemate that they are listening to wireless moniters and on the island stage standerd wired ones. So from a musicians stand point I would say monitors are uses not a click track or a good sense of timing. The only one I would think would need a headset would be Kaa and floatsam and jetsem.
                                  I am Scary Scott,
                                  Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                                  I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                                  Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                                  Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                                  Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                                  Originally posted by Karalora
                                  This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                                  Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                                  Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                                    Next time we watch the show, let's bring some wireless headsets and see if we can tune in to their channels.
                                    :lol:

i was gonna say i doubt it because the sound is going the opposite way, but if the technology is far behind my mind, well alrighty then.
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X