X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney flag at half staff

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    thanks for the picture, it's nice to see that disneyland is paying their respects to Roy, he will be missed
    Originally posted by Harrison View Post
    It's great of them to pay respect to Roy E. Disney, and the way in which they chose to do it is very classy and respectful. He will be missed.
    umm...
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I thought Iger was referring to the main flag in Town Square being flown at half mast. Is it only the flag on the train station that is at half mast? Regardless, it is a nice thought to Roy that Disneyland is doing this. GummiBears_Rock, I am curious as to what is meant by an "umm..." in the previous post? Roy did a great deal for both the Theme Parks and The Studio. He will be sorely missed as he is about the only Direct Family Member who really had any interest in keeping things on course.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
        he is about the only Direct Family Member who really had any interest in keeping things on course.
        The Miller family would likely take issue with that comment... likewise not to speak ill of the dead but there was a substantial length of time when Roy's interest in the company was questionable and he was there in name only. He only tended to step in when things were at their lowest point, and utilized his direct ties with Roy and Walt to garner support for a shift in management. He did a lot for the company and cared a lot about the company but he was not the only Disney who felt that way.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

i didn't umm.. as in who is he? i just meant that one person's comment was familiar to mine. i probably shouldn't make a big deal out of it, this isn't the right thread to go off topic, i shall apologize for my immature behavior
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X