• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    GummiBears_Rock
    Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied
    Re: Disney flag at half staff

i didn't umm.. as in who is he? i just meant that one person's comment was familiar to mine. i probably shouldn't make a big deal out of it, this isn't the right thread to go off topic, i shall apologize for my immature behavior

Leave a comment:

• techskip
    I Break Things

• techskip
    replied

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
    he is about the only Direct Family Member who really had any interest in keeping things on course.
    The Miller family would likely take issue with that comment... likewise not to speak ill of the dead but there was a substantial length of time when Roy's interest in the company was questionable and he was there in name only. He only tended to step in when things were at their lowest point, and utilized his direct ties with Roy and Walt to garner support for a shift in management. He did a lot for the company and cared a lot about the company but he was not the only Disney who felt that way.

Leave a comment:

• Lost Boy
    Still lost in Neverland

• Lost Boy
    replied

I thought Iger was referring to the main flag in Town Square being flown at half mast. Is it only the flag on the train station that is at half mast? Regardless, it is a nice thought to Roy that Disneyland is doing this. GummiBears_Rock, I am curious as to what is meant by an "umm..." in the previous post? Roy did a great deal for both the Theme Parks and The Studio. He will be sorely missed as he is about the only Direct Family Member who really had any interest in keeping things on course.

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    thanks for the picture, it's nice to see that disneyland is paying their respects to Roy, he will be missed
    Originally posted by Harrison View Post
    It's great of them to pay respect to Roy E. Disney, and the way in which they chose to do it is very classy and respectful. He will be missed.
    umm...

Leave a comment:

• Harrison
    Disneylander in Arizona!

• Harrison
    replied

It's great of them to pay respect to Roy E. Disney, and the way in which they chose to do it is very classy and respectful. He will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    Disappearing/Reappearing

• Stitchy
    replied

Very nice. I was hoping they would do that.

Leave a comment:

• ExCandyMaker
    Semi-Lurker

• ExCandyMaker
    replied

I wonder if they will place the traditional full page "Crying Mickey" ad in the LA Times and entertainment trade papers that they have done in the past for other Disney VIPS.

Leave a comment:

• goofypirate
    Expo camper

• goofypirate
    replied

Any pics of the Mark Twain?

Leave a comment:

• techskip
    I Break Things

• techskip
    replied

Is there any talk of a window for him? would a window be appropriate? I realize he did a lot for WDA as well as for the overall company (which in turn benefited the park)... I'm just curious if there are any plans for a permanent honor.

Thank you to the OP. Many of us were wondering if Disneyland would honor him.

Leave a comment:

• Disneymike
    Planet of Puddingheads

• Disneymike
    replied

According to Bob Iger's letter to Cast Members, the Disney flag will be at half mast for the rest of the week which is extremely classy on the part of the Company.

Leave a comment:

• luke7059
    De la Terre la Luke

• luke7059
    replied

That's a really nice touch, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

I hope the other Disney resorts do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Cap'nMac
    New MiceChatter

• Cap'nMac
    replied

Originally posted by kat3010 View Post
    My family visited Disneyland today and noticed the Disney flag over the train station flying at half staff. Obviously out of respect for Roy Disney passing away today. We thought we'd share the pic with you all.

Thanks for the pic. We too were wondering if the sad event was acknowledged in the Park somehow.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    KC to DL= 1,640 miles

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Very touching.

Leave a comment:

• disneyfann121
    Banned User

• disneyfann121
    replied

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if they did anything special with Roy's statue in the MK?

The WDW boards are totally inactive right now.
    That's a statue of Roy O. Disney, Walt's brother. The Roy Disney who just passed away is Roy E. Disney, Walt's nephew (and Roy O. Disney's son).

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    Starcruiser.. crash crash

• Coheteboy
    replied

Yah, did Walt Disney World do the same thing?

Leave a comment:

• tech4all
    MiceChatter

• tech4all
    replied

Wow this is news to me, didn't know he died. :cfrown:

Leave a comment:

• Sir Didymus
    Yeah.....

• Sir Didymus
    replied

Does anyone happen to know if they did anything special with Roy's statue in the MK?

The WDW boards are totally inactive right now.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    Skeevy Ray Vaughan

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Thought I'd share this:
    I had to re-read your comment. I thought I read "Disney is so cheesy" and was about to go on a rant. Glad that I did mis-read it though
    Glad you looked at it again. Disneyland is often cheesy, but things like this remind me they have a big heart and a lot of class.

Leave a comment:

• ryanvalle
    Not a Minion

• ryanvalle
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    Nice Touch. Disney is so classy.
    Thought I'd share this:
    I had to re-read your comment. I thought I read "Disney is so cheesy" and was about to go on a rant. Glad that I did mis-read it though

Anyways, it's nice to see that they lowered to half staff for today. I was really curious as to how his passing would affect the park and it looks like this thread answered my curiosity.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    Skeevy Ray Vaughan

• aashee
    replied

Nice Touch. Disney is so classy.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X