Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamabuki Replacement?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Yamabuki Replacement?

    Anybody know what they're planning for the space once occupied by Yamabuki at the Paradise Pier Hotel? We miss it!
    The Happiest Wife and Mom on Earth

  • #2
    Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

    Yamabuki's is gone!!?? When did that happen? We liked the sushi there (little expensive, but good). That's a shame as it was a good alternative food choice place.
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

      I miss Yamabuki too. It was fabulous. Killed by Disney's greed. They raised the prices and the attendance dropped. Then, instead of adjusting the menu and prices, they just closed the place.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

      Find us on Facebook: .

      How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

        I wish I got a chance to go there...


        Timekeeper
        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

          Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
          I wish I got a chance to go there...


          Timekeeper
          same here!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

            we went there for my birthday a couple years ago and it was great, is there nothing currently in that space?
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-


            Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.







            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

              Nothing, and nothing is planned.

              Disney feels it has enough "High End" restaurant seating in Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55.

              Heck, they are still trying to deal with Hook's Pointe. It got a bit of a reprieve since Yamibuki's closed. But I feel that has a higher likelihood of closing before something opens in PPH.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

                Wow, the sushi chefs were really nice. Hope they found placement elsewhere.
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


                Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


                Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

                  Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  I miss Yamabuki too. It was fabulous. Killed by Disney's greed. They raised the prices and the attendance dropped. Then, instead of adjusting the menu and prices, they just closed the place.
                  I think attendance dropped because the food was awful. I know some people have said they liked it but as far as Japanese food goes, I thought it was just average (especially for the price) and the service was not very good at all. A good restarurant with excellent food and service will survive at the resort, just look at Napa Rose. I'm not sure if these places are owned by Disney or just leasing the spaces.
                  Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                  Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                  Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

                    Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                    I think attendance dropped because the food was awful. I know some people have said they liked it but as far as Japanese food goes, I thought it was just average (especially for the price) and the service was not very good at all. A good restaurant with excellent food and service will survive at the resort, just look at Napa Rose. I'm not sure if these places are owned by Disney or just leasing the spaces.
                    ALL Restaurants in the Disney Owned Hotels in Anaheim have always been owned by the Hotel. (All the main Restaurants were run by the prior owner of either the Disneyland Hotel (Jack Wrather) or the Paradise Pier Hotel (aka Emerald Hotel/Pan Pacific/Disneyland Pacific). Many current Restaurant/Bar Hotel CM's worked for the prior owners and were grandfathered in. (Union Employees who make good tips).

                    As mentioned above, Disney has cut back hours on some locations, such as Yamibuki's (before it closed), or now Hook's Pointe due to the fact they feel they NEED 100% reservations on most days, just like WDW, to make a major profit.

                    Many folks here were big fans of Yamibuki's, and if I remember correctly, it was rated in the top 5 restaurants in Anaheim by TripAdvisor when it closed.

                    Alas, the last redo tried to make Yamibuki's more high end than it could deliver. Before they remodeled the restaurant, the place was a great meal at a decent price. The Sushi chefs all came from Japan, back when Emerald/Pan Pacific ran the place, and were some of the best Sushi chefs in Orange County for Decades. They all got full retirement packages, since they all had about 25 years of service when based on their original hire date.

                    And if you think Napa Rose is doing great, well, they have cut back hours and cut back the staff......
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

                      Any pics of the closed place?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Yamabuki Replacement?

                        Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                        ALL Restaurants in the Disney Owned Hotels in Anaheim have always been owned by the Hotel. (All the main Restaurants were run by the prior owner of either the Disneyland Hotel (Jack Wrather) or the Paradise Pier Hotel (aka Emerald Hotel/Pan Pacific/Disneyland Pacific). Many current Restaurant/Bar Hotel CM's worked for the prior owners and were grandfathered in. (Union Employees who make good tips).

                        As mentioned above, Disney has cut back hours on some locations, such as Yamibuki's (before it closed), or now Hook's Pointe due to the fact they feel they NEED 100% reservations on most days, just like WDW, to make a major profit.

                        Many folks here were big fans of Yamibuki's, and if I remember correctly, it was rated in the top 5 restaurants in Anaheim by TripAdvisor when it closed.

                        Alas, the last redo tried to make Yamibuki's more high end than it could deliver. Before they remodeled the restaurant, the place was a great meal at a decent price. The Sushi chefs all came from Japan, back when Emerald/Pan Pacific ran the place, and were some of the best Sushi chefs in Orange County for Decades. They all got full retirement packages, since they all had about 25 years of service when based on their original hire date.

                        And if you think Napa Rose is doing great, well, they have cut back hours and cut back the staff......

                        My experience wasn't so hot but I understand many people liked it. I like the pizza at Naples, but lots of people here say its terrible. to each his own I guess. Thanks for the info.
                        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                        Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                        Comment

                        Get Away Today Footer

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X