Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

    Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    This is stupid.
    no it is not stupid every nite there is someone that "falls" out of the tram and it does create safety issues.This wouldn't be necessary if guest would actually follow the rules.It may be inconvenient to some but its the result of others careless acts.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

      Philosophically, I look at this and have to ask myself, at what point does Disney just say NO!!! I am sorry for what happened, but at some point people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions!ENOUGH?

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

        Seriously Disney has been open for 55 years. And they just now have to install doors. I am not sure when the trams started running but I am sure it has been a long time. Some people are just plain idiots and really shouldn't leave their homes.
        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

          When I was in college back in the 80s one of the students who lived in my dorm fell out of the tram. I don't know why though. They didn't install doors then. Why do it now?

          Anyway if this announcement was made before they started the bus service from Pumbaa/Gardenwalk, I would have been livid. Now that I've experienced taking the busses to and from these lots I can say that the bus service is leaps and bounds better than the tram service. Both in efficiency in loading and unloading passengers and in comfort.

          9 times out of 10 I walk from the structure mainly because the tram experience overallnis so horrible. So to heck with 'em.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

            What I have been told is the the Simba Lot Trams will require the doors due to the tram crossing Disneyland Drive. (And the tram route is progressing nicely, they have most of it done behind DCA, just a small section in the last two turns). This was part of the deal to get the waiver to take the private, unlicensed, non-street legal trams to go over a public street.

            I presume the lawyers will make all trams get them. Since if only some have doors, and an incident happens on a tram without one, it would open up additional liability to the parks.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

              So, does this mean they'll also be retrofitting the ancient trams stored in back for when it gets really crowded?
              WELCOME ABOARD
              THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                Man ppl just dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! why wud u fall asleep on a moving tram then wen u fall out its entirely disneys fault! i was reading the article and it sounded like all three sisters fell out of the tram! and they blamed it on the tram for going to fast! those trams dont even go 20 mph right? how is that fast!
                So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

                AEROSMITH FTWW!

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                  Call me in the minority, but I like this idea, for a handful of reasons:

                  First of all, it will solve the problem of parents not understanding that their children shouldn't be sitting near the edges, should make dispatches faster.

                  Second, the problem with people exiting the wrong side will be gone. Those doors don't get opened.

                  Third, when they close the doors, there will be no more boarding. As it stands now, they make the call, but they still have to wait if people just keep continuing to board (this is especially a problem at WDW).

                  This all seems logical to me.
                  -Monorail Man

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                    I agree ^^^ i like the idea too
                    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

                    AEROSMITH FTWW!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                      Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                      Call me in the minority, but I like this idea, for a handful of reasons:

                      First of all, it will solve the problem of parents not understanding that their children shouldn't be sitting near the edges, should make dispatches faster.

                      Second, the problem with people exiting the wrong side will be gone. Those doors don't get opened.

                      Third, when they close the doors, there will be no more boarding. As it stands now, they make the call, but they still have to wait if people just keep continuing to board (this is especially a problem at WDW).

                      This all seems logical to me.
                      This does make sense. It will hopefully help, too.
                      But what I can see happening is having some stupid college/high school kids try to jump the doors to get on. Disney will eventually have another Tram related lawsuit.
                      I just think the best way for all of this is the constant moving PeopleMover. Have the track run from the current track in the park (even take that track out, and put in new track if necessary), to the Mickey and Friends parking structure, along with a stop inside DCA, and Downtown Disney.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                        Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                        This does make sense. It will hopefully help, too.
                        But what I can see happening is having some stupid college/high school kids try to jump the doors to get on. Disney will eventually have another Tram related lawsuit.
                        I just think the best way for all of this is the constant moving PeopleMover. Have the track run from the current track in the park (even take that track out, and put in new track if necessary), to the Mickey and Friends parking structure, along with a stop inside DCA, and Downtown Disney.

                        Trust me when I say this not matter what the mode of transportation is someone will find a way to get hurt and try and sue Disney.
                        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                          Originally posted by leslie_537 View Post
                          Trust me when I say this not matter what the mode of transportation is someone will find a way to get hurt and try and sue Disney.
                          I trust you. And I don't doubt it either. People are stupid, and or lack a valuable trait called COMMON SENSE.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

                            It's not "somewhat confirmed but not official anymore". I spoke to several people at work today and they all confirmed this is true.

                            To say that someone falls off the trams every night though is totaly false.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

                              One thing I wonder everytime is "why don't they just install railings and safety gates in the loading zones". Look down and you can see the patterns in the ground are meant to make people queue up for each row of seating. However, people don't pay attention to that. There's a bright yellow line you're supposed to stand behind until the tram comes to a full and complete stop, and CMs make announcements to stand behind, BEHIND, not in front of or on top of, but behind this line. People sometimes don't and I have seen people over the line as the tram pulls away. So how long until the lawyers have rails and gates installed?

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

                                Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                                One thing I wonder everytime is "why don't they just install railings and safety gates in the loading zones". Look down and you can see the patterns in the ground are meant to make people queue up for each row of seating. However, people don't pay attention to that. There's a bright yellow line you're supposed to stand behind until the tram comes to a full and complete stop, and CMs make announcements to stand behind, BEHIND, not in front of or on top of, but behind this line. People sometimes don't and I have seen people over the line as the tram pulls away. So how long until the lawyers have rails and gates installed?
                                thats actually been tested already back in june. if you notice where the tram would pick up for Timon, there are the left over line on the ground...im talking on the other side of where people would stand and wait.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                                  Originally posted by In the Parks View Post
                                  What I have been told is the the Simba Lot Trams will require the doors due to the tram crossing Disneyland Drive. (And the tram route is progressing nicely, they have most of it done behind DCA, just a small section in the last two turns). This was part of the deal to get the waiver to take the private, unlicensed, non-street legal trams to go over a public street.

                                  I presume the lawyers will make all trams get them. Since if only some have doors, and an incident happens on a tram without one, it would open up additional liability to the parks.
                                  Hmm, this is the first I heard about a new tram route. So it goes behind DCA and then where? Why has no one gotten pictures or have I simply missed them? Darkbeer and Mintcrocodile would totally be on this.

                                  EDIT: Oh, the route goes all the way behind DCA and lets guests off on the east side of the esplanade?

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                                    Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                                    Hmm, this is the first I heard about a new tram route. So it goes behind DCA and then where? Why has no one gotten pictures or have I simply missed them? Darkbeer and Mintcrocodile would totally be on this.

                                    EDIT: Oh, the route goes all the way behind DCA and lets guests off on the east side of the esplanade?
                                    I'm fairly certain that it is not a new tram route. I remember it being used in the early years of DCA.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                                      Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                                      I'm fairly certain that it is not a new tram route. I remember it being used in the early years of DCA.
                                      you right..its not new..and yes it has been used before...and yes they will be using it again in the future

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

                                        I don't like the idea and I still don't believe it is necessary. I don't think the lady that "fell asleep" really fell asleep and have to wonder why she is now back in China where no one can examine her claims.

                                        Along with this, I think we just added 5 minutes per tram. Think about the tea cups. No cups go until the CM checks every single door.

                                        Every.

                                        Single.

                                        Door.


                                        Plus the time it will take for people with strollers or young ones to figure out how to open them.

                                        This can't be good. Just sayin.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

                                          It's possible that the injured person didn't understand English and are suing Disney because they didn't give a warning in a language that the person could understand.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X