This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official [doors on trams]

How about making the doors like the one for the Studio Tour Trams from Universal Studios Hollywood?

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
    Save
    Sav

Comment

Re: Somewhat confirmed but not official

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
      It's possible that the injured person didn't understand English and are suing Disney because they didn't give a warning in a language that the person could understand.
      And how many languages are there?

If this is true, then the tram ride just got a whole lot longer as they cover every possible language before the tram would be able to go.
      Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
        How about making the doors like the one for the Studio Tour Trams from Universal Studios Hollywood?
        That is exactly what I was thinking. If they have to install doors, those would be the best kind for fastest loading and unloading.
        Originally posted by migo
        I poop with joy!
        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by renthead09 View Post
          And how many languages are there?

If this is true, then the tram ride just got a whole lot longer as they cover every possible language before the tram would be able to go.
          They already accomodate spanish speaking guests with every announcement in spanish as well as English. From a liability standpoint, they have set the precedent and can be held liable for not informing the injured person in a language they understand.

Comment

adding doors would be insane.

Now look for lawsuits from people injurying themselves because of the doors, slamming on their hands, and other body parts.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I hope the doors automatically close and they should be sure to have a proximity sensor on them so they don't slam peoples fingers etc. At least then 90% of the doors would close and only a few would need to be closed by CM.

Comment

All I can say is...wow. :lol:
                We usually walk when the trams too packed, like at night, after closing or fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                  I hope the doors automatically close and they should be sure to have a proximity sensor on them so they don't slam peoples fingers etc. At least then 90% of the doors would close and only a few would need to be closed by CM.
                  OMG how much time will that add?People are dumb.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                    I have enough problems with my garage door. That would be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
                      It's possible that the injured person didn't understand English and are suing Disney because they didn't give a warning in a language that the person could understand.
                      true
                      but no matter what language you speak
                      do you always sit next to an opening (w/ no door),
                      while the vehicle is moving and decide to take a nap
                      knowing (not think, knowing) that you will fall out?
                      That's like sitting in the back seat of your car, opening the door, taking of your seat belt and thinking you'll be fine and never fall out while taking the nice nap (and there's no safety spiel above your car door warning you--why? common sense).
                      Last edited by DLFreak71; 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                        true
                        but no matter what language you speak
                        do you always take sit next to an opening (w/ no door),
                        while the vehicle is moving and decide to take a nap
                        knowing (not think, knowing) that you will fall out?
                        That's like sitting in the back seat of your car, opening the door, taking of your seat belt and thinking you'll be fine and never fall out while taking the nice nap (and there's no safety spiel above your car door warning you--why? common sense).
                        This.

Comment

This is one of the stupidest things, ever. Sheesh.

Just install a peoplemover system, and be done with it. Get rid of the trams altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by salasavandy View Post
                            no it is not stupid every nite there is someone that "falls" out of the tram and it does create safety issues.This wouldn't be necessary if guest would actually follow the rules.It may be inconvenient to some but its the result of others careless acts.
                            Do you actually go to the parks every night and see that someone falls off the tram? No, and I'm pretty sure if this were the case, the trams would not be running as much as they do. So, before making up something completely false please back it up with a legitimate reason.

The idea of the doors is stupid because it'll take too long. A lot of people really don't have the patience to wait, especially after a long day of being at the parks. It takes responsibility from everyone aboard a tram to be safe, and also to follow directions. I've seen a couple times where a family sat their child on the end of the row, and a Parking CM walked right on by and didn't say a word. So before installing doors to solve a problem that can be prevented, Disney needs to really start cracking down on the safety and the guests need to be alert.

Thank you, let me get off my soapbox now

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                              Do you actually go to the parks every night and see that someone falls off the tram? No, and I'm pretty sure if this were the case, the trams would not be running as much as they do. So, before making up something completely false please back it up with a legitimate reason.

The idea of the doors is stupid because it'll take too long. A lot of people really don't have the patience to wait, especially after a long day of being at the parks. It takes responsibility from everyone aboard a tram to be safe, and also to follow directions. I've seen a couple times where a family sat their child on the end of the row, and a Parking CM walked right on by and didn't say a word. So before installing doors to solve a problem that can be prevented, Disney needs to really start cracking down on the safety and the guests need to be alert.

Thank you, let me get off my soapbox now

Notice the "" with the word "fall". And there is in fact at least one person that gets off a moving tram and later says they fell. Read before judgment is passed. weither its liked or not, it is happening and if people dont like it, then park somewhere else to avoid the tram ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                                Call me in the minority, but I like this idea, for a handful of reasons:
                                "In the minority".....you said to call you it.
                                "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Notice the "" with the word "fall". And there is in fact at least one person that gets off a moving tram and later says they fell. Read before judgment is passed. weither its liked or not, it is happening and if people dont like it, then park somewhere else to avoid the tram ride.
                                  Read before judgement is passed? Oh ok, I'm sorry that I see the good in people before the bad and I that I don't believe that everyone who goes to the parks lies and says they "fell". Stuff like that happens, but it's not as often as you think. Someone out there is also going to start complaining that a CM closed their leg, arm, hand, or foot with the door... If we're going to use your logic.

What if the door breaks, doesn't close, or lock? Then you're stuck there at the tram stop until they fix it or until a new tram comes. Something like this is going to cause headaches for Parking CMs.

This really has more cons than pros. It's pointless money spending for something that CAN be prevented.

Comment

no it is not stupid every nite there is someone that "falls" out of the tram and it does create safety issues.This wouldn't be necessary if guest would actually follow the rules.It may be inconvenient to some but its the result of others careless acts.

Someone falls out of the tram every night?

Comment

I don't think someone falls out of the tram every night or claims they do. Some people can be mean or rude, like these people who blamed Disney because they fell asleep on a moving tram and fell off, but I don't think there are people who would actually step off and say they "fell". If there are, anyway, I don't think they're all there every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                                        Call me in the minority, but I like this idea, for a handful of reasons:

First of all, it will solve the problem of parents not understanding that their children shouldn't be sitting near the edges, should make dispatches faster.

Second, the problem with people exiting the wrong side will be gone. Those doors don't get opened.

Third, when they close the doors, there will be no more boarding. As it stands now, they make the call, but they still have to wait if people just keep continuing to board (this is especially a problem at WDW).

This all seems logical to me.
                                        These all seem logical, but it will certainly add to the time of loading and unloading trams, thus creating much longer lines. I agree with people needing to take some responsibility for their own actions. If someone falls over a railing into the water are they going to sue Disney saying the railing was tall enough, or should have been a fence?
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                                          Someone falls out of the tram every night?

No. Absolutely not.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X