Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLR Holiday Trip 12/13 - 12/16 (Updated Daily or Whenever I feel like it)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report DLR Holiday Trip 12/13 - 12/16 (Updated Daily or Whenever I feel like it)

Hey folks! Mr. Gaston here, I came back from my amazing trip from DLR last night and it was a great vacation of fun and memorable moments! So I took some photos from each day of my vacation to share with all of you!

This is...

Mr. Gaston's EPIC Trip Report!

Day 1 (December 13th):

First off allow me to introduce myself:

The name is Mr. Gaston aka Derek. I enjoy long walks on the beach an.. Haha just playing (The beach part, not the Derek part)

Okay now time to get serious folks...

Nothing gets more serious then hotel room lamps. We stayed at the Paradise Pier on the 6th floor, it was fantastic =]

So to begin our vacation we started off in Disney's California Adventure:

This is me and my aunt posing in front of the Gazebo and Mickey's Fun Wheel. Yes I have a large tongue.

NOTE: I normally take off my glasses during photographs, but I forgot on a few of this pics to take it off.

This is a picture of Me & Stitch.. That's pretty much it... ADVENTURE HO!!

I may be Mr. Gaston, but the character I'm often compared to is Aladdin, and this picture is no exception.

This may be a random false advertisement for the Hyperion Theater.. But it was EPIC enough for this Trip Report, so I included it in.

After riding a few rides at DCA, we then headed off to where the real fun begins.. DISNEYLAND.

When it comes to Disneyland folks, there is only one thing to truly show it...

RANDOM EPIC PHOTO MONTAGE!

Ready.. Set.. Go!

PHEW... Now that is over with, let's continue on with the Trip Report:

This was the ABC Gameshow that I took a part of at Innoventions, look at my determined face!

I didn't really take that many photos on Day 1, so the transition from Day to Night is going to be extremely awkward but here we go:

Here's a beautiful view of the lit up castle at nighttime :]

Here is a pic of the lit up "It's a small world Holiday" ride...

That being said, it's time for another...

RANDOM EPIC PHOTO MONTAGE:

READY.. SET.. SMALL WORLD!:

END OF RANDOM EPIC PHOTO MONTAGE.

Well folks that's it for Day One, this trip report is my first, so be soft on me, and also I didn't take as many photos as I wanted to for each day, due to the fact that I wanted to spend as much time with my family as possible on the trip since we don't get to see each other much.

That being said...

Did that blow your brains out with epicness? Begging for more? Well Part II will be uploaded sometime tomorrow! I need my beauty sleep, so until then...

This is Mr. Gaston saying.. I'm awesome.

Last edited by Mr. Gaston; 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM.

Re: DLR Holiday Trip 12/13 - 12/16 (Updated Daily or Whenever I feel like it)

Very cool Derek! I'll be looking for the rest

Comment

great photos derek. It looked like you had alot of fun

Comment

Good beginning! Can't wait for part II!
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

good job so far
          Follow Me on

Add me on

Just let me know you are from micechat

Comment

Nothing like spreading the joy of Christmas spirit with an EPIC trip report! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.)

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Looking good, so far! Bring on part 2.

Comment

As a special treat, since I didn't really get that many pictures for my 2nd day at DLR, I've decided to show pictures from both Day 2 and Day 3 to showcase for all of you

Let's get started!

This is...
                MR. GASTON'S EPIC TRIP REPORT.

Day 2 (December 14th or as I like to call it "The Day of Horrible Pictures"):

I must digress here folks that I didn't take many pictures at all on this day, for the same reason that I stated at the end of my first posting. But I took enough to show the basics of what I did.

We woke up early and headed to our Character Breakfast which was at Goofy's Kitchen:

The woman to my left is my mother, where I got my looks from! Thanks Mom!

Baloo + Me in a picture = Epic Sauce.

Cinderella is beautiful, but my heart belongs to my one and only princess who was at my hometown waiting for me.

Look! It's the other chipmunk

After our delicious breakfast where I gorged myself with Pizza and Sweets for breakfast, we moved on outside of Disneyland Resort to take some more random but still EPIC pictures.

Me and some beautiful trees.. Yes I've resorted to taking pictures of plants.

My interpretation of my reaction if my mom's hands were made of hot coals.

Yeah.. I really don't know what I was doing in this picture but it made my mom smile!

After the random photo montage at Disneyland Hotel we moved onto Disneyland, these pictures are from 2 rides, Storybook Land Canal Boats and Mad Hatter's Teacups, that was all I got for the day, but here they are anyways!

Here we are near the beginning of Storybook Land Canal Boats.

The mouth of Monstro, that's pretty badass.

Entering the mouth of Monstro, it smelled like old people, chlorine and soap.

A random castle from the ride.

Me and my mom on the teacup.

That's it for the 2nd day, lame wasn't it? Well, Day 3 was one of the best photo days so I've decided to include that as well to make up for Day 2's not-so-epicness.

Day 3 (December 15th):

To begin Day 3, we started out much like Day 1 in California Adventure:

Me on California Screamin', I'm the guy waving my hand in the back, not the bald guy.

A view of the loop from California Screamin' along with some other rides.

Me taking a picture with Mr. Potato Head, giving his best "I just smoked a bowl" face.

Me, my mother and my aunt taking a picture with Woody. He's awesome.

Me and my mom riding Flik's Flyers at "a Bug's land" (It was pretty dumb)

A little while after, me and my family went to "Sorcerer's Workshop" and tried out the machine that tells you what Disney character you are like the most, here's the results of me and my mom.

Mr. Gaston (Naturally...)

My mom's result, I LOL'D hard at this.

After our time in California Adventure we once again went to Disneyland, previously I rode the Haunted Mansion Holiday twice (Which was uber epic to the power of 3) It was this time that I decided to bring the camera in, here are some of the best pictures I took from the ride:

A few hours later after getting off Splash Mountain (Which we had the honor of doing twice in a row since it was 30 degrees outside and no one was on the ride) we took some more pictures during the nighttime, I also put on a Beanie due to the cold weather:

Me posing in front of Splash Mountain completely soaked with water, wow.. that looks pretty scary doesn't it? (The mountain not me..)

Me trying to do my best GQ smile in front of the Haunted Mansion.

Me & My Aunt at New Orleans Square. Aren't the lights gorgeous?

Me posing with my mom at New Orleans Square. Deja Vu?

Now this picture I have to say, is one of my favorites, it was after the amazing fireworks show and I tried to take a good picture of the castle, what I ended up getting was a head count of how many people were at Main Street to watch the fireworks, you won't believe your eyes..

I'm extremely proud of this picture.

Well that's the end of Parts 2 and 3, stay tuned tomorrow where I will post the 4th and final photo montage from my trip!

Asta Lavista!

Comment

Great TR so far! I was there on the 13th too ! lol

More pictures please!

Comment

Nice photos, but be prepared for a lynching once they see you took Haunted Mansion Holiday photos with your camera's flash on.

- Joe

Comment

Wow great trip report and awesome pics!

Comment

Yikes! Flash photography in HMHinch:

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
                          Yikes! Flash photography in HMHinch:
                          Lol my bad xD

I've only used the camera a few times so I didn't know how to turn the flash off, sorry folks =/

Comment

That pic at the end of the crowd/castle I'd agree is pretty cool. Can't stand the crowds during those times at night.. hard to maneuver!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
                              Lol my bad xD

I've only used the camera a few times so I didn't know how to turn the flash off, sorry folks =/
                              Aww but you still took pics anyway.
                              You should be apologizing to the people around you who you blinded with your flash.
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse