This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] World of Color Water Screen and Search light testing

So basically they were testing the Syncros ( Search/ spot lights) Testing the water screens, and aligning the projectors, enjoy =)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJop05hF3o"]YouTube - Disney's World of Color testing[/ame]
    ** Yes I added the music***

Last edited by disneyguy115; 12-19-2009, 01:22 AM.

Re: World of Color Water Screen and Search light testing

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Amazing. How did you get these photos?

Also. I'm sure I'm going be maybe only 1 in 10 to complain about this... but if that's the World of Color music I'm less than pleased so far.
      It started off pretty good, but around 0:40 it turns into house clubbing music.
      Although I can't base my opinion of the music off of just 13 seconds of audio.

And also on the other hand... a beat like that may be pretty essential to a water and light show like this.
      I'll save my final judgments until the show is finished.

Comment

On the video you could here the updated theme song "the Wonderful World of Color" was that on the speakers where everyone could hear it?

Comment

Your welcome =)

As far as getting the photos? I took them tonight.
          The music was just a clip they played a while ago while showing the concept of the show, I dunno If they are even using that audio at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
            Amazing. How did you get these photos?

Also. I'm sure I'm going be maybe only 1 in 10 to complain about this... but if that's the World of Color music I'm less than pleased so far.
            It started off pretty good, but around 0:40 it turns into house clubbing music.
            Although I can't base my opinion of the music off of just 13 seconds of audio.

And also on the other hand... a beat like that may be pretty essential to a water and light show like this.
            I'll save my final judgments until the show is finished.
            I definitely agree about the music. I don't understand why they couldn't stick with the older classic music style for this show? I hate the radio disney-esque cheesy pop music they seem to have chosen for it.

I like that the projectors seem to be pretty bright. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but Fantasmic's light projectors for its water screens aren't bright enough anymore. I could've sworn I remember them being brighter at one point. It was hard to even tell what was going on. I was very disappointed with it, I think they need to brighten up or update that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
              On the video you could here the updated theme song "the Wonderful World of Color" was that on the speakers where everyone could hear it?
              No that was just me adding some spunk to the video haha

Comment

Originally posted by scorsese View Post
                I definitely agree about the music. I don't understand why they couldn't stick with the older classic music style for this show? I hate the radio disney-esque cheesy pop music they seem to have chosen for it.
                Wow the first reply was someone agreeing with me, I thought for sure I would've gotten people yelling at me :P
                Glad you feel the same way, scorsese.

Originally posted by disneyguy115 View Post
                No that was just me adding some spunk to the video haha
                OOOOHHHH... So that audio wasn't live? Did you add it in yourself later?
                If that's the case, then I retract any initial judgments I had about Disney's choice in music.

Comment

I really hope they aren't using what I've heard so far as the intro music. I heard it in a few other places so I assumed it was what they were going to use. I just really wanted to see/hear something more retro. I'm really hoping the rest of the show music is more classic disney inspired!

Comment

I really hope they aren't using what I've heard so far as the intro music. I heard it in a few other places so I assumed it was what they were going to use. I just really wanted to see/hear something more retro. I'm really hoping the rest of the show music is more classic disney inspired!
                    If you watch the concept videos on youtube, they play audio clip and its very orchestrated, like most Disney shows with the full sounds. It starts with the original World of Color theme, then huge score takes you into the other scenes, seems magical hehe....

Comment

If you watch the concept videos on youtube, they play audio clip and its very orchestrated, like most Disney shows with the full sounds. It starts with the original World of Color theme, then huge score takes you into the other scenes, seems magical hehe....
                      I agree with scorsese, but if what you're saying is accurate then that sounds Awesome.

Comment

That sounds great, do you have a link to that concept video? I think the search lights look great, has a very grand appeal to it.

Comment

That sounds great, do you have a link to that concept video? I think the search lights look great, has a very grand appeal to it.
                          Omg, you could see these things for like a couple miles away! They were bright! We were on the 91 and could see them clearly!

** and I dont believe they have recorded the soundtrack yet, they want to see what all the fountains can do before they restrict themselves with the soundtrack
                          Last edited by disneyguy115; 12-19-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Here's the first segment, I believe theres other videos with music..
                            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPybaOEUK4]YouTube - The Making of World of Color - Part 6 of 6[/ame]

Comment

How late (like times) do they typically do testings? I was there on Thursday but left early, so next time I know they're doing testing I want to make sure to stick around so I can hopefully catch some amazing lights from the distance.

Comment

Omg, you could see these things for like a couple miles away! They were bright! We were on the 91 and could see them clearly!
                                Wow, that's at the very least 3 miles away..

The synths they're using sound good. It seems to me most of the show music is probably just going to directly reflect the movies that are going to be represented in the show, so I think the unique stuff at the beginning/end is what I'm concerned about. I'm assuming too that all the mechanical fixtures and things are going to be submerged underwater at some point during this construction?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                                  How late (like times) do they typically do testings? I was there on Thursday but left early, so next time I know they're doing testing I want to make sure to stick around so I can hopefully catch some amazing lights from the distance.
                                  We were there around 8, and got into the park by like 830, left by 9 .. watched Fireworks from the parking lot of Mcdonalds lol( It was BUSY!)
                                  Video of the fireworks haha
                                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwXPY9u1DI]YouTube - Disney's Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks[/ame]

Comment

** and I dont believe they have recorded the soundtrack yet, they want to see what all the fountains can do before they restrict themselves with the soundtrack
                                    I would guess this is right considering there are rumors that some segments were cut.

Comment

I'm assuming too that all the mechanical fixtures and things are going to be submerged underwater at some point during this construction?
                                      Well the side that they were testing the water screens on was underwater, seems like the platform is seperated into diff segments.

Comment

We were there around 8, and got into the park by like 830, left by 9 .. watched Fireworks from the parking lot of Mcdonalds lol( It was BUSY!)
                                        Video of the fireworks haha
                                        YouTube - Disney's Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks
                                        Wait a minute... they did those testings while the park was still open?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X