Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you think Caption EO will last?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How long do you think Caption EO will last?

Disney has said that Captain EO will return to Disneyland for a "limited engagement." I think it's safe to assume that it will certainly be a popular attraction. But how popular? How long do you think the show will actually remain at DL? Will the "limited engagement" be for only a few months? A year? Many years?

Re: How long do you think Caption EO will last?

I heard it would be around ranging from 3 months to 5 years. It's not confirmed yet.

Comment

Probably 1 or 2 years.
      I really think EO's back as a memorial to Micheal and so WDI can dream a watchable replacement for HIstA.
      Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
      Think of it as a third arm that magically
      shoots bullets!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen with its full effects. I also hope that whatever comes after it is extra awesome! Can't wait to hear about it...

Comment

I'm guessing it'll be here for the spring and the summer season and then it'll go away into yesterland again. But depending on the ensuring popularity it'll get when it reopens, it might last a bit longer.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I hope it last long enough for both the new generation to enjoy as well as bring soem nostaliga to those who saw it when it first came out
            "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Expect a two hour wait when it first opens....Yikes!
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

6 months.

Comment

My guess is one year. It does seem like a fill in until they (WDI) can figure out what to put in the Magic Eye.
                  "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                  YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                  Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                  (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Until either the end of Summer 2010 or Winter 2010.

Comment

I think it's great they brought something to replace HISTA. The queue for it is a ghost town you would think the theater is closed. If it weren't for the bored CM waiting around you wouldn't realize it was open. I've even overheard bored CMs talk to themselves using the PA system at HISTA to pass the time.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

I actually wonder if WOC may help EO stay open. I mean, true, it's an older show, but it could help eat some crowds who can't do WOC or Fantasmic!. Little attendence bumps always help.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorPoets View Post
                          I actually wonder if WOC may help EO stay open. I mean, true, it's an older show, but it could help eat some crowds who can't do WOC or Fantasmic!. Little attendence bumps always help.
                          That's a good point.
                          The problem is, by the time WOC comes out, I feel like EO might have lot a lot of its novelty value already.

The good thing about WOC is that the only people who will be watching it are AP holders, and the few people who actually invest in Park Hopper tickets (typically families visiting from out of town for several days)

But you could be right, maybe EO will serve as an alternative for some people. Or for people who actually want to sit in comfortable seats, not the ground haha.

Comment

Personally I think this is a blessing in disguise. It will make all the Michael Jackson fans happy, while at the same time delivering a slice of nostalgia from the 80's, for all of us who remember. And all the while, giving imagineers a nice buffer to work with putting the finishing touches on whatever lovely show/(attraction?) they have come up with to replace HISTA.

Facebook me!
                            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

anything longer then the initial 4 month stay is to long..it will probobly be longer once the dollars start rolling in ...
                              "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X