This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Failed AP scan = fast pass troubles

I went to the park on Wednesday with my family. When I tried to get a FP for HM, I got (roughly) "invalid ticket - this AP was not used at front gate". My family's went through fine. I asked a nice CM and she was able to manually print out a working FP. I didn't use FPes for anything else that day, so it wasn't a huge inconvenience.

This is the first time this has happened to me. Anyone else have this problem? What can be done?

Re: Failed AP scan = fast pass troubles

Hmm....this is actually probably more common then I would think.

The only solution I can think of was to present the not valid ticket at the front ticket gates so they could quickly scan your AP. Or go to city hall and you might get some sort of treat to compensate for the inconvenience.

Comment

When this happened to my daughter they gave her a ticket she could use for fast passes. It happened to me once too and I had to use the special ticket.

The more annoying problem was my daughters pass was blocked for entry due to non payment. However it was paid. My daughter showed her bank account where every charge had went through, but we had to wait for a lead upon entry to disneyland and then again for DCA. I hate the payment plan.

Comment

The CM should have been able to give you a solution to be able to use FastPass the rest of the day.

Comment

Going to City Hall, or Guest Relations at DCA and explaining your problem will more than likely have you handed a special park ticket (looks like one, but not valid for admission) that will work in the FastPass machines that day.

I had to get one once when I forgot my AP, and got the courtesy pass to enter. Those do not have barcodes, just a code for the Turnstile CM's to enter in the computer. (You need your photo ID and the courtesy Ticket to enter).

Comment

Just tell the CM at the attraction and they will give you a FP. No need to go to City Hall to complain about every little inconvenience you may have.

Comment

hmmm weird never heard of that
              So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                Just tell the CM at the attraction and they will give you a FP. No need to go to City Hall to complain about every little inconvenience you may have.
                Actually, in this case (invalid admission media), yes, you should go to City Hall.

Not every attraction has a CM stationed by the FastPass machines, and it is somewhat of a bother to do a Manual.

In fact, the CM's usually say, here is one for this attraction, but please go to City Hall and get a FastPass card for the rest of the day.

Let me add, FastPass Cards are now Computer Generated for each specific situation, as Disney wants verification of the issue. So there are no longer stacks of FastPass Cards that CM's can hand out. (Maybe a little abuse by some CM's for their friends
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I had this happen to me the other week. When I worked there all the attractions I worked were FP ones. This issue comes up a lot. You can either print out a manual, which isn't hard or time consuming at all. You can also hand the guest a blue ticket that is used only for FP. You can always clear up the problem by park hopping. That is what I did when they forgot to scan my pass. There is actually no need to even stop by City Hall/Guest Relations. If the attraction doesn't have a Distro CM you can always go up to the CM at Greeter and they can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                    Let me add, FastPass Cards are now Computer Generated for each specific situation, as Disney wants verification of the issue. So there are no longer stacks of FastPass Cards that CM's can hand out. (Maybe a little abuse by some CM's for their friends
                    When did that roll out? As of last week it was still the override pass.

Comment

I had that problem before but with just an average 5 day pass. It only did that to me on the first day and the other four were fine...so maybe just a glich?

Comment

I've had this happen to me many, many times (I guess I use FP's more than most of you ) . Often times, I just stick the AP back into the machine and voila! the machine spits out a fastpass for me and I have quite the collection of unused FP's to document this. It would appear that more often than not, it's a failure of the FP machines to properly read the bar code on your pass.
                        Last edited by brand42; 12-19-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

This has happened to me maybe twice so far.

I had actually once gotten a SM fastpass with my friend, and when the time came I realized that my "fastpass" said exactly what yours did. I must have recieved my invalid one, put my friend's ontop, and then only look at his for the time slot.

Boy, was that a bummer. We both ended up not going that day.

The second time was with Haunted Mansion. I got the same fastpass, only this time I was actually paying attention. I pushed my AP in the machine AGAIN and wellah, it worked.

I guess the machines malfunction with the heavy load of APs they get in a day.

Comment

The last time I went to Disneyland, my friend's regular park ticket wouldn't scan right at Space Mountain. We asked the CM working the line and they tried the ticket a couple times, then gave her a fastpass card which we would scan at all of the fastpass machines which would produce a ticket.
                            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This actually happens to me a lot. But I usually give it a second try and it turns out fine. More often than that, it usually spits two tickets out, the first saying my pass wasn't scanned and the second an actual valid fastpass. No idea why it does this. :/

Comment

Is it paper or a real card? If it is paper, did the barcode place rip at all? If it a an AP card, take it to city hall. SOUNDS FRUSTRATING!
                                Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyRicky View Post
                                  Is it paper or a real card? If it is paper, did the barcode place rip at all? If it a an AP card, take it to city hall. SOUNDS FRUSTRATING!
                                  It *is* frustrating to have an AP not working in the FP machines.

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                  I have seen a CM at a FP machine *once*. And I'm the FP runner in my family, so I visit the machines often. While I didn't go to City Hall (we were going to hop in awhile anyway, which I figured would fix the problem), I did visit a CM at the wait times sign (to find out what to do).

He's the one who suggested I go to City Hall to get a "Fast Pass Ticket"...it's not about complaining, it's about fixing a problem.

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                                  ...get a FastPass card for the rest of the day.

The CM I talked to called it a "fast pass ticket", but I bet it's the same thing you're talking about. That's cool that they are doing it so officially to get the stats!

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                                  When did that roll out? As of last week it was still the override pass.
                                  Are you talking about the same thing DarkBeer is? He's talking about a card/ticket that you are given to use in place of your AP in the FP machines.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidWorks Mike View Post
                                    Anyone else ever able to use their expired AP's to get multiple FP's at the same time?

I have had some success but I can't seem to figure out why it works sometimes, and others it doesn't.
                                    I have been able to get my AP to scan twice VERY QUICKLY and it will give me 2 valid FP.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Happened to my sister. Her ticket didn't get swiped properly and therefore she the ticket was never activated. Needless to say, it took as a half hour longer to do a 5 minute task (Soarin' FPs). Grr.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitfeet View Post
                                        Are you talking about the same thing DarkBeer is? He's talking about a card/ticket that you are given to use in place of your AP in the FP machines.
                                        I am. They are still issued to attractions.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X