This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Beaded Armband Wearing Kids at DL

Went to the park yesterday... DL was replete with youngish, gothish people who were all wearing some kind of variation of EXTREMELY intricate beaded arms. The beads were all kid's play beads in very bright colors. Seemed to be some plastic trinkets affixed to the armband contraptions too.

So, what gives? I'm guessing this is some variation of gothdom, but I have never encountered anything like it.

Can someone educate me?

Re: Beaded Armband Wearing Kids at DL

they are ravers.
    the beads are meant to be braclets that are exchanged when you met someone new as a friendship braclet.
    they refer to them as kandy
    and while yes some of them are intoxicated it would not be fair to judge a whole because of a couple dumb kids.
    feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
    im going to be making a blog soon too
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
    favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Comment

Rave Day, although the main one is usually in June.
      Evidently, their is a Winter Rave Day, which you witnessed.

There's also a "Snuggy Cult day", which apparently fell on Rave day this year:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...wn-disney.html
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

any pics? just of these beaded arms cause i'm totally clueless )
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I saw them too, they were everywhere. Good to know what they are now.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

Comment

Looks like someone has a video, along with photos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArqM9XoS_-M]YouTube - raver day @ disneyland 2009 12-19-09.wmv[/ame]
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I saw them everywhere also yesterday. To me the bead things look like they would be heavy and uncomfortable, but maybe that's just an illusion. Some of them had A LOT on.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brandiinicole View Post
                they are ravers.
                the beads are meant to be braclets that are exchanged when you met someone new as a friendship braclet.
                they refer to them as kandy
                and while yes some of them are intoxicated it would not be fair to judge a whole because of a couple dumb kids.
                Thanks for the info, though to clarify I actually made no illusion or assumption about them being dumb kids or intoxicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                  I saw them everywhere also yesterday. To me the bead things look like they would be heavy and uncomfortable, but maybe that's just an illusion. Some of them had A LOT on.
                  I have never worn that many, but I wear quite of few of them at a time since I have a lot of beads left over from the summer after-school care program I worked at a few months ago. They're not very heavy at all, really and I often forget they're there at all. I imagine even if they are heavy, they must be used to it.

Comment

I saw a bunch yesterday too. What confused me was the raver dude that had to be in his mid to late 40s. Odd choice for that stage in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      I saw a bunch yesterday too. What confused me was the raver dude that had to be in his mid to late 40s. Odd choice for that stage in your life.
                      lol I agree. But whatever floats your boat, right? :sweat:

Comment

Originally posted by Unl1keCl0ckwork View Post
                        lol I agree. But whatever floats your boat, right? :sweat:
                        My boat's nothing to rave about.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

hahaha, funny i didn't think Disneyland would be a hot spot to rave (except grad nite)

Comment

Yep it's just kandie. I have a whole box of them XD. Micechat is cruel place to us ravers. IDK but most MC'ers dont like us. I dont get it. But whatever.

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                            hahaha, funny i didn't think Disneyland would be a hot spot to rave (except grad nite)
                            It's not. It's just a day to go to the park and meet new people. Like any other "day".

Comment

ooh. nevermind...:blush:

Comment

i was there when the june rave day happened. Its interesting to see that Disney has not banned or asked that the beads be kept to a minimum. In june several of those kids kept getting there long strings of beads on benches or fencing. One kid caught his beads on one of the horse poles on mainstreet. and beads flew everywhere. The same person was wearing somekind of shaggy pant that dragged on the floor.
                                well to make the story short the beads got caught, the kids tripped on the pants and beads where allover the place just before parade time. Castmembers had to close off a large section of viewing area to clean up the beads because a few guest kept slipping on them. the parade was even held off a bit to clean the mess up. meanwhile the kids that caused the problem just walked awya and thought it was funny that one of them had dumped hazardous little plastic beads allover mainstreet and sidewalk.

i have no problem against ravers but there needs to be a limit of what should be allowed within a heavy foot traffic park that could cause problems.

I remember when Disney had dresscode. If they see that something could be hazardous a least point it out to the guest

Comment

I got evac'd off of TSMM yesterday evening and was on the ride with some ravers. They were probably either 15 or 16 and I did see alot of other ones. If you ask me I think it's a bit young, but that's just me. I didn't really have a problem with them I just thought it was a bit creepy. I had to ride next to a couple on Star Tours too.
                                  California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

I wanted to be there but alas I'm blocked out until next year. I don't understand why people have issues with ravers. We live by the code of PLUR (Peace, love, unity, respect). I mean, I have issues with others at the park but I don't call them names or get "creeped out" by them.
                                    This post brought to you by Eli ♥
                                    You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
                                    LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

Comment

I went on the normal Rave Day this year, I didn't know about it and there were a LOT of them.
                                      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

I would have LOVED to have seen them! Individuality!!

At my age I appreciate anyone who bucks the system a little. Guess I'll always be a child of the 60's.

OK I just Googled "Ravers". As I had suspected, their roots are in the 60's. Their creed seems pretty cool to me.
                                        Last edited by Dopey's Girl; 12-21-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X