• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyB
    Disney Cruiser
    • Jan 2005

[Question] World of Color

I was at DCA on Friday night watching them test some of the nozzels and lights. It was pretty exciting, but here a question.

As I was watching the all of the stuff going on, I kept thinking to myself isn't all of the mechanics (nozzels, globes, and other stuff) going to be submerged under water prior to tand after the show?? To me, it would seem to be pretty obvious that it would. However when looking at the platform and the water level, it would seem to me that the entire platform would have to be lowered because it doesn't look like the water level could go raise high enough to cover all of the stuff.

Has this been discussed or posted anywhere and I just missed it??

Thanks for any input!
  • Mr. Potato Head
    • Oct 2009

Re: World of Color

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I was at DCA on Friday night watching them test some of the nozzels and lights. It was pretty exciting, but here a question.

As I was watching the all of the stuff going on, I kept thinking to myself isn't all of the mechanics (nozzels, globes, and other stuff) going to be submerged under water prior to tand after the show?? To me, it would seem to be pretty obvious that it would. However when looking at the platform and the water level, it would seem to me that the entire platform would have to be lowered because it doesn't look like the water level could go raise high enough to cover all of the stuff.

Thanks for any input!
    The platform can go up and down

I'm smart like that!

Comment

• MrToadOfToadHall
      Non-whiner
      • Dec 2007

The mechanics of WoC have been discussed extensively in the DCA Project Tracker threads. While delving thru all eight of these threads would be arduous at best at this point, rest assured there is tons of info and speculation available to you should you wish to read up.
      I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

• disneylandfan95
        MiceChatter
        • Oct 2008

The platform can go up and down, and will be completely submerged during the day. When the show is going on, the platform will be at "show level" which is where all the nozzles and fountains will be just above the water level.

Comment

• GummiBears_Rock
          Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post

Thanks for any input!
          well i think the only way to find this in a thread is the DCA project tracker, any other thread is slowly dying with the others that haven't been updated in 4 days or longer
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

• A113
            Looking for America
            • Nov 2009

The entire platform's height is adjustable. Pictures (can't remember where/when) have been posted of the entire machinery below water-level, leaving only a few nozzles sticking out (show-level).

As a side note, I saw WoC testing last night. Nothing really interesting other than the small mist screens testing at their full size. The blast of the water was so strong it knocked a few black boxes off the show base structure as they drifted across the lagoon :lol:
            California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

As stated above, the platform rests on numerous pontoons or "boat floaters" which can be filled by either water or air. In this fashion, the platform can be completely submerged to rest on columns deep in the water, it can be floated to show level where just the tips of the fountains appear from the water, it can be floated to a maintenance level where the whole platform is above water for easy access. This is all made possible by the boyancy of the air which is pumped into the floaters.

Comment

• SoCalbma
                Love HD videos!
                • Jun 2009

have you ever been to las vegas?

Is going to be exactly the same thing as Belligio Water show. When the show is about to start you will see the nozzles come out of the water. After the show, the nozzles will go under water and you will not see it at all.
                My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Because it will be at night, and they have those fog machines, you might not even see the nozzles come up. A while before the show in the dark fog will roll in across the bay, and then suddenly at showtime water and fire will leap from the shroud-covered bay.

Comment

• JohnnyB
                    Disney Cruiser
                    • Jan 2005

Thanks, everyone for your comments. I figured they had to do something, but couldn't remember seeing anything in posts referring to it. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing this show in the Spring!! With that being said, I am not looking forward to the crowds of APs as well.

Has anyone heard whether or not Disney has made a decision about the "Fast Pass" idea for access to the show??

Comment

• Disneytwins
                      • Oct 2005

The Platform is currently in the maintenance position, mainly because their testing and adjusting. When it's in show mode, you won't see the platform but you may see just the tips of the nozzles. During the day, the platform and nozzles will be completely submerged.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                        The Platform is currently in the maintenance position, mainly because their testing and adjusting. When it's in show mode, you won't see the platform but you may see just the tips of the nozzles. During the day, the platform and nozzles will be completely submerged.
                        Haha we covered it already

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X