X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in 2010

ahhh gracias amigo!
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Well I would hope they would make a great parade to go with watever decorations they bring. I wud hope they wud make a parade like the 50 aniversary parade
      So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
        I think in another 20 years for Mickey send he just had his 80th this year.
        Actually, his 81st was this year. He'll be 100 in 2028.

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
          Well I would hope they would make a great parade to go with watever decorations they bring. I wud hope they wud make a parade like the 50 aniversary parade
          Yeah that's what my original question was.

I don't think they're going to leave up the "Celebrate" decorations, because it's not the year of celebrating anymore. That would lead people to believe they can still get in free on their birthday.
          That's why I was wondering if it might have something to do with their newest "Give a Day. Get a Day" ad campaign.
          Various volunteering-related props placed around the park or something.

Comment

Actually, I think they are going to stick with the celebrate decorations, at least a little. The "Give a Day. Get a Day" might be the actual campaign, but if you've noticed, all over their website it says "Celebrate giving" and "Celebrate Giving, and We'll Celebrate You." So technically all the Celebrate stuff still works; they've found a way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
              Actually, I think they are going to stick with the celebrate decorations, at least a little. The "Give a Day. Get a Day" might be the actual campaign, but if you've noticed, all over their website it says "Celebrate giving" and "Celebrate Giving, and We'll Celebrate You." So technically all the Celebrate stuff still works; they've found a way to do it.
              Oh dang are you serious? I haven't checked out the site yet, but I'll be pissed if that's the case.
              2009 was the year of Celebration.
              It's not the years of celebration... without a definite end.

And honestly, i would be perfectly fine if for once Disneyland wasn't decked out with some crazy theme. Especially if it means getting rid of the Celebrate stuff.
              Isn't Disneyland fine the way it is?
              A holiday is a holiday, but does every year have to be something special?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                Oh dang are you serious? I haven't checked out the site yet, but I'll be pissed if that's the case.
                2009 was the year of Celebration.
                It's not the years of celebration... without a definite end.

And honestly, i would be perfectly fine if for once Disneyland wasn't decked out with some crazy theme. Especially if it means getting rid of the Celebrate stuff.
                Isn't Disneyland fine the way it is?
                A holiday is a holiday, but does every year have to be something special?
                Mhm, I kid you not, it looks like another year of celebrating. Although I'm not too disappointed, because I happen to like this, being one of the only fans of C!ASP, I agree with you. I would really like to go to Disneyland as just Disneyland- with no promotions, no themes, no crazy decorations; just the park. It's more of a way to get money than anything else though, so they'll do whatever they can.

Comment

Mhm, I kid you not, it looks like another year of celebrating. Although I'm not too disappointed, because I happen to like this, being one of the only fans of C!ASP, I agree with you. I would really like to go to Disneyland as just Disneyland- with no promotions, no themes, no crazy decorations; just the park. It's more of a way to get money than anything else though, so they'll do whatever they can.
                  I liked the decorations when I went on Birthdays, it made you feel special (although my birthday was in october so no birthday decorations for me).
                  But when me and my girlfriend went for her birthday, it was like "Oh hey birthday party at Disneyland with decorations and everything!"
                  But that novelty has sort of worn off.
                  I'd prefer nothing over that.

Yeah see I think C!ASP is obnoxious and a waste of money. Even if it only takes $10 to run (which it doesn't), I feel like those $10 could be put towards anything else but that.
                  Whatever, complaining about it won't do any good. All I can do is wait it out and hope that besides WOC, 2010 won't be a huge let-down.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                    I liked the decorations when I went on Birthdays, it made you feel special (although my birthday was in october so no birthday decorations for me).
                    But when me and my girlfriend went for her birthday, it was like "Oh hey birthday party at Disneyland with decorations and everything!"
                    But that novelty has sort of worn off.
                    I'd prefer nothing over that.

Yeah see I think C!ASP is obnoxious and a waste of money. Even if it only takes $10 to run (which it doesn't), I feel like those $10 could be put towards anything else but that.
                    Whatever, complaining about it won't do any good. All I can do is wait it out and hope that besides WOC, 2010 won't be a huge let-down.
                    Yeah, I see your point and I do agree with you. Hopefully they'll at least change things up a tad bit.

I'm hoping WOC is good too, because if it's not they won't have much to offer and there'll be a lot of disappointed people. There's just so much going on with DCA being under so much construction that they don't have a lot of money to be spending. It was a smart move financially to keep the theme around, it saves them on decorations and such, but it has gotten a bit old.

Comment

I'm hoping WOC is good too, because if it's not they won't have much to offer and there'll be a lot of disappointed people. There's just so much going on with DCA being under so much construction that they don't have a lot of money to be spending. It was a smart move financially to keep the theme around, it saves them on decorations and such, but it has gotten a bit old.
                      I am just saying, DCA is truly behind. When the park rolls around in 2012 it is going to feel more like a park that should have just opened not one that opened 11 years ago. And are we going to be okay with that? Yes. But DCA has alot of catching up to do before it truly is a park worth it's age. This money should have been in the park from the get go. So saying that DL should stop expanding because of DCA's expansion is ridiculous.

Once again Disney is in a place where it is unbalanced. And instead of raising the bar to match the other, the higher level is being lowered so they are even.

Comment

well the 50th, yaoamd were 2years so I guess they'll keep the celebrate theme.

but it'd be nice if they used the Happiest Place on Earth Motto gain.
                        currently they are using the "Where Dreams Come True" and "Celebrate Today"

but I still wanna c muppets meet n greet at DLR since they are in all the commercials. or a stage show in the millionaire stage.
                        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHvw44Rge4]YouTube - Muppets show at Disney MGM Studios (1990)[/ame]
                        they had moving mouths in 1990?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                          well the 50th, yaoamd were 2years so I guess they'll keep the celebrate theme.

but it'd be nice if they used the Happiest Place on Earth Motto gain.
                          currently they are using the "Where Dreams Come True" and "Celebrate Today"

but I still wanna c muppets meet n greet at DLR since they are in all the commercials. or a stage show in the millionaire stage.

they had moving mouths in 1990?
                          The 50th anniversary decorations were kept up for more than a year because there was so much more to them, and it was a way bigger deal.
                          50th anniversary only happens once. I thin it would've been ridiculous for them to only be up a year.
                          But something like Celebrate is a theme they grabbed out of thin air.
                          And if they're not giving people free admission on their birthday anymore, why keep all the decorations that were used for it?
                          With the 50th anniversary, it gave more people time to enjoy the decorations and special events...
                          But with this, I just think Disney is being lazy more than anything else.

Comment

I only saw Miss Piggy out in 2004 once.

I never saw Kermit at Disneyland.

Comment

Miss Piggy's arm's look like those of a heavy built man.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                So saying that DL should stop expanding because of DCA's expansion is ridiculous.
                                I never said that. I think that'd be ridiculous too, all I said was that reusing the celebrate theme is saving them a little money...

Comment

Management can't do anything right anymore.

First, Muppets were supposed to take over Disneyland while Mickey went on vacation. Then, they realized that it was the 55th anniversary, and the plans kinda disappeared. Then the DisneyParks marketing division came up with another golden idea. Give a Day, Get a Day.

Now it looks like Disneyland has gotten stuck with the same crap as last year. An horribly obtrusive Gold envelope making Main Street look like a mesh of classic and ugly.

C!ASP continues to be the postcard example of Entertainment's lack of creativity and quality. As I remember we were once supposed to be given World of Wonder, the next PoD. Now we have neither, just great.

Were you expecting something Disney-Like?

Sorry, Disney's disappointed yet again.
                                  Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                  "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                  -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                  -August 2nd 2010

Comment

It has been officially announced that there will be a Muppets volunteerism related cavalcade preceding the "parade" starting in mid-January. There's a thread about it somewhere.

It's a shame the 55th is seemingly being underplayed. There is 55th logo merch in the Parks already, of course, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                      Its because management is do cheap to celebrate something properly now.
                                      They are so cheap. They have a lot of money. They waste money on buying old Marvel Characters when they can make new ones, I know they need something for boys on T.V but they should bring back old shows like Phil of the Future, Filmore, that way they can fund more to the park itself. Seriously though (going off topic) Where is the Disney magic in Hulk, Spider man, Batman? None, The only good movie they have made is The Princess and the Frog, Telling a story with music, thats classic Disney Magic. Not Spider Man! They better not bring back those celebrate today Decorations. They should try and top off the 50th instead of wasting money on non Disney Characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmic4 View Post
                                        They are so cheap. They have a lot of money. They waste money on buying old Marvel Characters when they can make new ones, I know they need something for boys on T.V but they should bring back old shows like Phil of the Future, Filmore, that way they can fund more to the park itself. Seriously though (going off topic) Where is the Disney magic in Hulk, Spider man, Batman? None, The only good movie they have made is The Princess and the Frog, Telling a story with music, thats classic Disney Magic. Not Spider Man! They better not bring back those celebrate today Decorations. They should try and top off the 50th instead of wasting money on non Disney Characters.
                                        I don't want to get too off topic but... "Old shows like Phil of the Future?!"
                                        Old?
                                        That show went off the air like 2 years ago.
                                        When I think of old shows I think of Tail Spin, Ducktales, Chip n Dales Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck. Those are the shows they need to bring back.

But back on topic.
                                        Yeah it's extremely unfortunate that we're getting back all the old stuff.
                                        I feel this is a total missed opportunity to Disney to milk more out of their whole "We're going organic thing" which I'm totally for.
                                        But I can totally see the park being themed with "Going green and helping out the environment"
                                        Maybe instead of the balloons on the lampposts we got various tools like shovels, hoes, and things people wouldn't hurt themselves on if they ran into it.
                                        And the Muppets parade would be awesome, as long as they still incorporated Disney characters...
                                        It still is DISNEYland after all. But I'd be totally down for Mickey/Kermit Hybrid parade themed towards volunteering. There are so many floats and costumes that could come from it.
                                        The most obvious would be a float dressed as the frame of the house, with performers dressed as construction workers with tools incorporated into their performance.

Comment

I do not want to see Muppets at the Park. Its called Disneyland, (I know they own them, but still). The celebrate stuff looks cheap to me and while the new promotion is a good thing, I dont think its any thing to build a theme on, or enough to carry the Park through the whole new year. I think a pefect 2010 would involve classic Disney style with just a touch of a nod to the 55th anniversary. NO giant envelopes please.
                                          Jewish American Disney Princess

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X