X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in 2010

Originally posted by JADP View Post
    I do not want to see Muppets at the Park. Its called Disneyland, (I know they own them, but still). The celebrate stuff looks cheap to me and while the new promotion is a good thing, I dont think its any thing to build a theme on, or enough to carry the Park through the whole new year. I think a pefect 2010 would involve classic Disney style with just a touch of a nod to the 55th anniversary. NO giant envelopes please.
    That's what I was saying earlier. It'd be nice for Disneyland to just have no theme for once.
    I can't remember when the park was just "Disneyland" without some special event or theme-ing going on (disregarding holidays, because that's totally ok).

But I'd rather have something themed after VoluntEARs over the Celebration stuff again.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
      omg, does that mean I get to meet the Muppets as a meet n greet?
      btw DLR is not celebrating the 55th. no decor either or attractions or mickey w 55th clothing.(I think)
      Lolwut.

Today I saw a BUNCH of 55th Anniversary clothing, mugs, keychains, etc. in World of Disney. I actually really like the grey zipper hoodie that they're selling. The design is very tasteful.

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
      Well I would hope they would make a great parade to go with watever decorations they bring. I wud hope they wud make a parade like the 50 aniversary parade
      There's goes to be a "Give a Day, Get a Day"/volunteer interactive pre-parade that's going to be going down the parade route before CASP. Don't know much other than that, but it's happening.

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
      That's what I was saying earlier. It'd be nice for Disneyland to just have no theme for once.
      I can't remember when the park was just "Disneyland" without some special event or theme-ing going on (disregarding holidays, because that's totally ok).

But I'd rather have something themed after VoluntEARs over the Celebration stuff again.
      Not going to lie, but I would rather see nothing or VoluntEARs over the Celebration decor.

Comment

I'd rather see nothing or celebration over voluntears. :/ That theme's getting old before it even starts

Comment

Well at least we can all agree that nothing is better than Celebration.
          My point of view is that anything is better than Celebration. It just feels like Disney was too lazy to think of something new and is just reusing old crap.

Although I do stick with my point that I think VoluntEARs should get its own parade, not just a float or what not before Celebrate! A Street POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post

For sure!!!

Why does there have to be a theme??? I never thought about it, but its true, I dont seem to remeber this theme stuff when I was younger. And again, Give a Day Get a Day is a great way to promote causes that I'm sure could use a boost,(I know in this economy non-pofits suffer a lot), and maybe if they could do a LIGHT theme on the basis of giving/classic disney... Of coruse I am sure that Disney is also getting huge tax write offs by just, "eating", the cost that will be lost by some one getting a free pass for the day. Since the Give a Day Promo is twards 501C3 organizations, you can be sure the write off will be plenty. It is what it is...
            Jewish American Disney Princess

Comment

I don't think a theme is necessary, either. If they can't think of a good one, then don't bring in something like "Give a Day" with the Muppets, just have a nice year where everyday at Disneyland is just a magical, Disney day, and you just go to spend time with friends and family, not to celebrate or as a reward for volunteering. I think the volunteering thing is great, I think they should have a special offer like that, but I don't think it's good enough to be a whole theme. I think 2010 should just have sort of a mini-theme, the 55th anniversary, and the Give a Day is just a nice offer for that year.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                I don't think a theme is necessary, either. If they can't think of a good one, then don't bring in something like "Give a Day" with the Muppets, just have a nice year where everyday at Disneyland is just a magical, Disney day, and you just go to spend time with friends and family, not to celebrate or as a reward for volunteering. I think the volunteering thing is great, I think they should have a special offer like that, but I don't think it's good enough to be a whole theme. I think 2010 should just have sort of a mini-theme, the 55th anniversary, and the Give a Day is just a nice offer for that year.

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmic4 View Post
                  They are so cheap. They have a lot of money. They waste money on buying old Marvel Characters when they can make new ones, I know they need something for boys on T.V but they should bring back old shows like Phil of the Future, Filmore, that way they can fund more to the park itself. Seriously though (going off topic) Where is the Disney magic in Hulk, Spider man, Batman? None, The only good movie they have made is The Princess and the Frog, Telling a story with music, thats classic Disney Magic. Not Spider Man! They better not bring back those celebrate today Decorations. They should try and top off the 50th instead of wasting money on non Disney Characters.
                  Batman isn't Marvel.

...Just saying.:blush:
                  "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
                  - Walt Disney on Disneyland

[IMG]http://micechat.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=http://img825.imageshack.us/i/capsalute.jpg/%20target=_blank%3E

Comment

Okay, I think Awesome's question has been anwserd...
                    Today I got my Disney Insider E-mail, and it had a link taking you to another page that opens and talks about, "2010 being another year to CELEBRATE, and we are celebrating some thing new, that is GIVING, so celebrate giving".
                    Their was even a video showing the same exact theming as this last year. Same decorations, etc. The new spin is only that they are adding Giving to the mix.
                    So basically it looks to me like a repeat from last year. It seems like a cheap way to go. They can keep things as they are and just stuff Giving in the mix.
                    Thought I would let you know, if you didn't already...

Comment

Okay, I think Awesome's question has been anwserd...
                      Today I got my Disney Insider E-mail, and it had a link taking you to another page that opens and talks about, "2010 being another year to CELEBRATE, and we are celebrating some thing new, that is GIVING, so celebrate giving".
                      Their was even a video showing the same exact theming as this last year. Same decorations, etc. The new spin is only that they are adding Giving to the mix.
                      So basically it looks to me like a repeat from last year. It seems like a cheap way to go. They can keep things as they are and just stuff Giving in the mix.
                      Thought I would let you know, if you didn't already...
                      Damn. Well thanks for the update and helping to clarify things.

I only wish people would read/see this thread before posting one regarding the Celebrate theme in 2010.
                      Because I've already seen numerous threads asking things that are answered in this thread... and I'm sure there will be more to come .
                      Silly "Search" feature.

Comment

you know what i was just thinking?

we should go to the big building of Disney, and we should dare them to not have a theme!
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                          you know what i was just thinking?

we should go to the big building of Disney, and we should dare them to not have a theme!
                          Even better. We should organize a mass mailing of Disney's Legal Department since you can't suggest any ideas at City Hall anymore (I recently got the address and everything).
                          Apparently the reason Captain EO is coming back is because they got so many people mailing in and requesting it.
                          So if enough of us mail them... maybe they'll listen... just maybe.

Comment

lol just send like thousands of letters saying "i triple dog dare you to not have a theme!!" then obviously they gotta do it cause we triple dog dared them

Comment

lol just send like thousands of letters saying "i triple dog dare you to not have a theme!!" then obviously they gotta do it cause we triple dog dared them
                              Well obviously. :P

Comment

Can't turn down a triple dog dare.

Comment

Yah, bummer huh?

Well the thought of a new theme or even better no theme at all, will give us some thing to to forward to next year. And, there will be some other cool new things coming this year...

Comment

Yah, bummer huh?

Well the thought of a new theme or even better no theme at all, will give us some thing to to forward to next year. And, there will be some other cool new things coming this year...
                                    Yeah. It's rather unfortunate that the only things we have to look forward to in 2010 is World of Color and Silly Symphony Swings (which I can't even ride because I get motion sick on spinning rides :blush

Comment

wait what are the silly symphony swings? is that replacing the orange stinger?

Comment

Yes. I couldn't find where in the DCA Project Tracker thread it discusses it, but here's a concept picture I found on Google

If you google it there's a lot more pictures.
                                        Or if you go to DCA's official website they talk all about the additions from now till 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                          First, Muppets were supposed to take over Disneyland while Mickey went on vacation. Then, they realized that it was the 55th anniversary, and the plans kinda disappeared.
                                          Does this mean that instead of seeing Mickey and Minnie on Main Street, we would have been seeing Kermit and Miss Piggy, etc.? That would have been cool, although I'd rather have both at once. They could possibly bring that idea in a few years when there isn't a big anniversary. Or possibly have the Muppets take over at DCA for a year, that would be good too, I also want to say that maybe imagineering could come up with a muppets dark ride for Hollywoodland if they want to get rid of Muppetvision 3d, I do love the muppets and want them in the parks a little more then they are now, besides I'd say that the Muppets are every bit as Disney as Pixar characters are, and those ones are taking over DCA lately!
                                          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                                          July 13th-18th
                                          November 19th-25th

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X