• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeSkellington
    replied
    Re: Disneyland in 2010

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
    Oh well then City Hall is giving out false information... which isn't in the least bit surprising.
    Yeah I know huh?

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Originally posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    Yeah that really isn't the reason why Eo is coming back. It's coming back for capacity reasons.
    Oh well then City Hall is giving out false information... which isn't in the least bit surprising.

Leave a comment:

• JADP
    replied

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    So I keep seeing people talk about "Musical Chairs" with characters like Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts and many others I'm sure... So I was wondering when and where this takes place, anyone know?

The musical chairs take place on Main St in front of, (by the side seating) at the CocaCola Refreshment Center, (On the Right as you are walking back down from the Hub). I think the times and days are random. This
    group does such a good job of interacting with the crowd! We had an amazing experience last time, were my Son wanted to see Peter Pan, and a "dream maker", set up this whole suprise thing in a secluded area with PP, Alice, and the MH, we then moved to the front of the Castle and my Kid was the star of this little show they put on, (I know this is totally off subject but it was amazing).

Leave a comment:

• MikeSkellington
    replied

Even better. We should organize a mass mailing of Disney's Legal Department since you can't suggest any ideas at City Hall anymore (I recently got the address and everything).
    Apparently the reason Captain EO is coming back is because they got so many people mailing in and requesting it.
    So if enough of us mail them... maybe they'll listen... just maybe.
    Yeah that really isn't the reason why Eo is coming back. It's coming back for capacity reasons.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

So I keep seeing people talk about "Musical Chairs" with characters like Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts and many others I'm sure... So I was wondering when and where this takes place, anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

Originally posted by JADP View Post
    Really? I seem to have missed this info for some reason. That doesnt sound good. How will one go about obtaining these show passes? Dont tell
    me it will cost extra like the crap they do over at WDW. Maybe you will just have to wait in a line and get the passes in advance???
    From what I understand you will get a showpass the same way you get a fastpass, from the GRR fp machines until they run out, and I think I also read that the guests staying at the Disney hotels will also get a special chance but i'm not sure on that

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Really? I seem to have missed this info for some reason. That doesnt sound good. How will one go about obtaining these show passes? Dont tell
    me it will cost extra like the crap they do over at WDW. Maybe you will just have to wait in a line and get the passes in advance???
    I made another thread a couple of days ago about this very issue.
    Hopefully some of your questions will be answered in my initial post there
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-bad-idea.html

Leave a comment:

• JADP
    replied

Actually they won't be letting people stake out spots like happens with F!, they have a plan to use Showpasses, and you won't get in the viewing area if you don't have the showpass, I doubt it will work very well but we'll see

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

Okay, yah I know, I was just trying to think positive. At least with the Silly Symmphony Swings they are thinking back to classics and the World of Color show looks pretty cool, although I am wondering how bad the crowd factor is going to be with that, and how early one would have to stake out a spot to actually see and enjoy the show. (See now I'm getting off subject too). It does seem though that DCA is going in a good direction.
    Actually they won't be letting people stake out spots like happens with F!, they have a plan to use Showpasses, and you won't get in the viewing area if you don't have the showpass, I doubt it will work very well but we'll see

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

ok yeah i'm gonna backtrack a little bit, but looking at the picture of the silly symphony swings, i'm kinda liking the orange stinger a little better, the SSS just seems like a regular carnival swings thingy that i can find at my local fair

Leave a comment:

• JADP
    replied

Yeah. It's rather unfortunate that the only things we have to look forward to in 2010 is World of Color and Silly Symphony Swings (which I can't even ride because I get motion sick on spinning rides :blush
    Okay, yah I know, I was just trying to think positive. At least with the Silly Symmphony Swings they are thinking back to classics and the World of Color show looks pretty cool, although I am wondering how bad the crowd factor is going to be with that, and how early one would have to stake out a spot to actually see and enjoy the show. (See now I'm getting off subject too). It does seem though that DCA is going in a good direction.

Leave a comment:

• DubiousEndeavors
    replied

And you're welcome for helping you think of that question
    Didn't want to say "no problem" on the other thread because I have no idea what else to add besides that and I didn't want to have a completely useless post on your thread haha.
    fo sho man!

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Originally posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    Why doesnt he count? He's a muppet They used him in parade at DHS!
    K that sorta came out wrong haha. Yeah he definitely counts a Muppet. But i posted that before I saw your post about there being Muppet costumes.
    And I was saying his doesn't really count as a special costume different to what the puppets would be because Sweetums is always that size.
    If that makes any sense...

And you're welcome for helping you think of that question
    Didn't want to say "no problem" on the other thread because I have no idea what else to add besides that and I didn't want to have a completely useless post on your thread haha.

Leave a comment:

• DubiousEndeavors
    replied

Oh oh oooohhh. Yeah I have no idea. I've never seven seen Muppet costumes besides Sweetums (but that doesn't really count)
    Why doesnt he count? He's a muppet They used him in parade at DHS!

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

I meant like in that video with the moving mouths but costumes as opposed to puppets, similar to the Mickey costumes
    Oh oh oooohhh. Yeah I have no idea. I've never seven seen Muppet costumes besides Sweetums (but that doesn't really count)

Leave a comment:

• DubiousEndeavors
    replied

No I can't imagine them ever doing a Meet n Greet with the Muppets considering most of them require puppeteers.
    They did a little Meet n Greet at D23 Expo where the Muppets were on some table or something and the puppeteers were under it? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't go this day, I've only seen friends' pictures)
    That system wouldn't really work around Main Street with a bunch of kids running around. Besides, having them just in the parade leaves them as being "guests" to Disneyland without feeling like they're taking over the park.

they have full size Muppet costumes. I know they use them at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and they had them at DCA when it first opened i believe back by Muppets 3D. (someone correct me about the DCA comment if i am wrong)

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

No I can't imagine them ever doing a Meet n Greet with the Muppets considering most of them require puppeteers.
    They did a little Meet n Greet at D23 Expo where the Muppets were on some table or something and the puppeteers were under it? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't go this day, I've only seen friends' pictures)
    That system wouldn't really work around Main Street with a bunch of kids running around. Besides, having them just in the parade leaves them as being "guests" to Disneyland without feeling like they're taking over the park.
    I meant like in that video with the moving mouths but costumes as opposed to puppets, similar to the Mickey costumes

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Does this mean that instead of seeing Mickey and Minnie on Main Street, we would have been seeing Kermit and Miss Piggy, etc.? That would have been cool, although I'd rather have both at once. They could possibly bring that idea in a few years when there isn't a big anniversary. Or possibly have the Muppets take over at DCA for a year, that would be good too, I also want to say that maybe imagineering could come up with a muppets dark ride for Hollywoodland if they want to get rid of Muppetvision 3d, I do love the muppets and want them in the parks a little more then they are now, besides I'd say that the Muppets are every bit as Disney as Pixar characters are, and those ones are taking over DCA lately!

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    First, Muppets were supposed to take over Disneyland while Mickey went on vacation. Then, they realized that it was the 55th anniversary, and the plans kinda disappeared.
    Does this mean that instead of seeing Mickey and Minnie on Main Street, we would have been seeing Kermit and Miss Piggy, etc.? That would have been cool, although I'd rather have both at once. They could possibly bring that idea in a few years when there isn't a big anniversary. Or possibly have the Muppets take over at DCA for a year, that would be good too, I also want to say that maybe imagineering could come up with a muppets dark ride for Hollywoodland if they want to get rid of Muppetvision 3d, I do love the muppets and want them in the parks a little more then they are now, besides I'd say that the Muppets are every bit as Disney as Pixar characters are, and those ones are taking over DCA lately!

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Yes. I couldn't find where in the DCA Project Tracker thread it discusses it, but here's a concept picture I found on Google

If you google it there's a lot more pictures.
    Or if you go to DCA's official website they talk all about the additions from now till 2012

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X