Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Pay for tickets at the turnstyles!

There is an experiment going on at the main gate turnstyles. You can pay for your ticket with a credit card right there and skip the booths.

no cash or checks, just swipe n go! It reduces the lines at booths and speeds up the entire process to get into the park. especially at busy times. It could cut down on staff too in the long run.

Its only at 4 turnstyles for now, CM's are out there directing people to try it if they qualify.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Re: Pay for tickets at the turnstyles!

i dont think thats a good idea cuz the lines could be held up with ppl who go in the line and they ask for ticket or credit card and they go oh card! and they start trying to get their card out and they hold up the line! or someone goes in the line and their card gets rejected! i think this isnt very good idea
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Yah. I'm not too keen on this idea either.

Comment

Keep the ticket selling buying at the so cleverly named TICKET booths. The lines are bad enough to get into to Disneyland right now when they only have a few turnstiles open....

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          Yah. I'm not too keen on this idea either.
          I not , But do not surprize me a bit!
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I like this idea. Perhaps in the future, we'll see Disneyland go ticket-less and incorporate it straight into your credit cards, much like Costco does with American Express.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
            HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
            ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
            FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Absolutely not. People already don't get out their tickets when they have been waiting in line for 10 minutes, this would cause nothing but more trouble.

Comment

I think it could make lines worse. With turnstyles, it's simple, people pretty much know to have their ticket or AP out and ready, and people know they can buy tickets from ticket booths. I think it'll cause too much confusion, and longer lines.

Comment

I agree that in the short run it will cause confusion. However, in the long term, I can see this saving both money and time. Disney will save money by not having to print out all those tickets, and the guest will save time by not having to waste time buying the tickets and proceeding directly to the turnstiles with their credit cards in hand.

It'll take time, but I can see this being the new standard for theme parks a few years down the road.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                  HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                  ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                  FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, since I've only been to Disneyland once and didn't use FastPass, but don't you need a printed ticket to get FastPasses? For those who don't go to Disneyland alot, their tickets are great souveniers.

Does the new turnstile require a signature or ID check? I don't like these new machines that don't allow you to identify yourself (had my credit card stolen once) and anyone could pick up a lost credit card and use it without getting caught until the real owner realizes it is missing and reports it - and Disneyland admission is not cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsTFVolunteer View Post
                      Forgive me if I'm mistaken, since I've only been to Disneyland once and didn't use FastPass, but don't you need a printed ticket to get FastPasses? For those who don't go to Disneyland alot, their tickets are great souveniers.

Does the new turnstile require a signature or ID check? I don't like these new machines that don't allow you to identify yourself (had my credit card stolen once) and anyone could pick up a lost credit card and use it without getting caught until the real owner realizes it is missing and reports it - and Disneyland admission is not cheap!
                      Yeah, I agree. I cherish my ticket from Disneyland Paris. I think printed tickets have become a sort of tradition.

Comment

don't you need a printed ticket to get FastPasses?

I was thinking the same thing regarding the fast pass and the need for identification when using a credit card.

Hmmm... this process may save Disney money in the long run but cause more headaches for the guests overall.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't want that. I mean first.... people dont have their tickets out. Second, we have people who just stop right at the ticket thing and start asking questions for up to 4 minutes when they can just walk in and ask another cm. Third, we would have people forgetting their cards, not working, looking for it, asking alot of questions.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Let me understand...you do not get a ticket or an printed anything
                            ,when use this turnstyles?
                            Something do not sound right here?
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Please tell me this is a joke.

If not, I wouldn't trust my credit card there. Do they give you a receipt? Let you choose if you want a park hopper? Besides I would think by the time they got to the gates they have their tickets already purchased from the booths youre forced to walk past anyways.

And a good point about fastpasses. How do you park hop too?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
                                Yeah I wouldn't want that. I mean first.... people dont have their tickets out. Second, we have people who just stop right at the ticket thing and start asking questions for up to 4 minutes when they can just walk in and ask another cm. Third, we would have people forgetting their cards, not working, looking for it, asking alot of questions.

~babs
                                Exactly, can you imagine guests wanting to discuss the merits of the various annual passes right there at the gate?

Comment

If Disney is really trying to save money by cutting back on ticket booth CM's perhaps they should consider self serve ticket kiosks like the ones used at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Cookie View Post
                                    If Disney is really trying to save money by cutting back on ticket booth CM's perhaps they should consider self serve ticket kiosks like the ones used at the airport.
                                    That what I thinking when this thread was started.....!
                                    not a turnstyles......
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Cookie View Post
                                      Agreed. Self Serve would be much more convenient.

Anyhoo, I don't like the idea of buying tickets at the entrance gates for the reasons people have brought up.

However, I don't think it should be scrapped. What I would like to see it be used for is for AP holders. With monthly payment plans, users who may have payment issues and have their passes placed on hold. It would suck if a person in such situations got in a long entrance line, just to get rejected, and then gets sent to another long guest services line, it's just a horrible thing.

They could use the entrance gate payment system in such situations, telling the guest that their pass is on hold for payment issues and they can either head to the guest services window for further assistance or they can simply pay for the missed payments at gate right there...

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                                        . Disney will save money by not having to print out all those tickets, and the guest will save time by not having to waste time buying the tickets and proceeding directly to the turnstiles with their credit cards in hand.

It'll take time, but I can see this being the new standard for theme parks a few years down the road.
                                        Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                                        Yeah, I agree. I cherish my ticket from Disneyland Paris. I think printed tickets have become a sort of tradition.
                                        Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                                        Let me understand...you do not get a ticket or an printed anything
                                        ,when use this turnstyles?
                                        Something do not sound right here?
                                        Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                                        If not, I wouldn't trust my credit card there. Do they give you a receipt? Let you choose if you want a park hopper? Besides I would think by the time they got to the gates they have their tickets already purchased from the booths youre forced to walk past anyways.

And a good point about fastpasses. How do you park hop too?
                                        The turnstiles have the ability to print tickets. My guess is they would swipe your card and print out your tickets and receipt right there at the turnstiles.
                                        Is this haunted signature
                                        actually
                                        stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                                        Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                                        also known as...
                                        Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X