• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you ran the DLR...

...I would bring back the waffle fries.:yea:

Comment

spend the money on tommorowland at least half of what they are useing for DCA,find a dummy co name and buy land around the park(its there people you just got to be shrewd)then begin expanding Disneyland as a whole.the following attractions would be closed for refurb
      1 pooh bear if i cant rip it out have them fix the damn thing so it makes sense
      2pirates..(leave the mister with Davey jones, go back to the original story ,add more movement to the pirates chaseing the women and vice versa,yank out the depps and throw one of them on pirate island so you can still see him from ROA,and return the girl to the barrel)
      3 TOMMOROWLAND
      A: close down the magic eye after HISTAs run gut it and bring back a version of CIRCLEVISION with the moveing floors and some spfx and do a sci fi show there.
      B"Fix the people mover tracks and bring it back to life
      C: INNOVENTIONS..history.....bring on the original ALIEN ENCOUTERS
      D: ASTRO ORBITER back where it belongs..
      E redesign the theme to a space port with enough cool streamlined elements and green power to gain a grant from the gov as an example.reinvest the grant money back into the park.....
      "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

I would enhance tomorrowland. Offer red velvet cake. push for a trackless version of monsters inc, and anything else I posted about. I would also replace redwood creek challenge with a Expedtion Sierra that also incoperated Grizzzly Peak. and I would LOWER CHURRO PRICES!!!!!!!!!!! plus replace B...IHM. plus a whole lot more but I can't think about it.

Comment

I have about 10 Word documents devoted to my Disneyland. Won't fit in a post like this....
          ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Adios, EO.
            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

First thing I would do is get rid of the fast-pass system...Everyone waits in line, first there first on period!!!Been a CM for only two months and let me tell you it is the single biggest creator of problems during the day-EVERY DAY

Comment

Wow what wonderfull responses!
                Im getting ideas but ill sleep on them so they brew overnight into brilliancy!
                I am Scary Scott,
                Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                Originally posted by Karalora
                This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

One word: Outsourcing.

With the money that saves, I could add many more rides utilizing amazing blacklight and 3D cut-out technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
                    Start telling me what you would do to the resort now!
                    1. Limit new AP sales, increase blackout dates.
                    2. Dump Fastpass.
                    3. Hire Bob Gurr.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

I would make the parks much more CHRISTMAS oriented during the season...not "holiday". I would (gradually) take out all FP. I would improve the cleaning and maintenance dept. I would (of course) refurb Tomorrowland. I would improve food quality and prices (of food and everything else.)

And this is why you should vote for me.
                      appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

OK.. Now I got my ideas...
                        For openers I would renovate tomorrowland with a new style only things I would save are the Subs but replace the Nemo projections with projections of REAL undersea life not cartoony ones and a story line closser to the origional and the other thing I would keep is space mountain after an EXTENSIVE Queue re-do.
                        the new rides would be a new Idea for the PM track that is a true transportation system and not just a showcase and putting astrorbiter where it should be.
                        also new would be an Incredable adventure based ride (where you are shrunk down inside of a submarine and injeced into the bloodstream of someone to save his life by removing a blood clot.)
                        and lastly by removing Star Wars and Buzz Lightyear I would use the space where BLAB is for a ride based on Star Trek or just a new kind of a ride where you blast off to space.
                        Next comes main Street USA very little here just make the shops individuals again and not all one giant mall and improve the cinema to look like a real theatre and lastley ad more vehicles and horse drawn carrages to main street.
                        As far as shopping goes more stuff unique to the area your in and not generic stuff but like if your in new orleans square you will find HM stuff PotC stuff and then shops that you would expect to find in New Orleans and so on and so forth for each land.
                        in the Dining Dpt you will find thoughout the land that food would taste better and be made quicker and try to keep the same price at worst it would go up a bit in price.
                        Then a elimanation of a land Say Good Bye Toontown and Hello to an expanded Fantasyland and Frontierland the east half would be compleatly redone to fit in with fantasyland with a castle wall surrounding the area to make it look like we are in the castles courtyard with Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin staying you will still have toon town in sorts as a ride and very well done queue.
                        Allong with the new fantasyland expansion would be a new Hooks Pirateship Restaraunt and Skull Rock and new themed Station.
                        and on the west side of old toon town would be more frontierland wich will try to move as far west as possible to try to meet up with critter country Via a nature Trail.
                        next would be the Mine Train through Natures Wilderness which would start in the area where the arena and zoo and all that is and then goes north and east round and back again through the dessert forrest and a few caves (tunnels to get under train tracks) the caves will bring the return of fabulous light watterfalls from the origional and some scenes of Miners looking for gold.
                        some scenes of Forests and some of desserts and at a moment comming up to where the River is.
                        Now with all this how could you WALK to critter country? the answer is simple there will be a trail through it all that is a strait line pretty much one for going to CC and one for going back if you wish. The Trail would have you walking out of sight in canyons and caves amoung other things to make you nearly invisable to the train ride but at moments vissable enough to see the area and for them to see you (if they care to look)
                        in Adventure land there would be little to do just maintain the shops and shows to make sure its all working right.
                        In Critter Country there would be a new replacement for Pooh as he gets evicted for something else. Just ANYTHING else that can be dreamed up. A return to the country bear jambouree in the Hungry Bear would be great.
                        back in Frontierland a new show would be hapening in the Golden Horseshoe.
                        and in Fantasyland there would be NO MORE DISNEY CHARICTERS IN IASW!
                        and just to drive the point home that we are under new management a Nightmare Before Cristmass Dark Ride PERMINATLY takes place where the old moter boat cruse was.
                        Now to manage the Smokers... Including me...Im going to the old way
                        Smoke where you want outside of rides shops and resturants because of this fact
                        Smoke by one or two in a large space isnt so bad but you notice it however its avoidable for the most part and likely wont worry about it EVER.
                        A LARGE Group however in a small space sucks for everyone tho and makes an entire area unusable and smell bad (even to smokers.)
                        umm oh and no more meet n greet zones but rather let the charicters run around and do what they do best and interact with guests Without the constant security but just them having a ball with you!
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)

Comment

Alright, lets get serious.

Overall Operations
                          I would rework the AP system to the tierd format that I suggested earlier, with cheaper AP's allowing visits two days a week, and the most expensive allowing visits every day but going for $800-1000. This way, you could limit the number of people visiting on any given day by giving out APs for certain weekdays in set ammounts, while still allowing the true fans to visit as much as they want. Pricewise this also lets everybody enjoy the magic no matter what their financial situation, while charging the right ammount for the ammount people can visit.

I would comission the addition of two lengthy and high capacity rides (longer ride time and higher capacity means more people are on it longer) to increase the capacity of Disneyland. One ride would be behind Frontierland, and the other in the Moterboat Lagoon area,

Maitinance and Sanitation would be given a large boost to keep the place sparkliing.

A new merchandise stratagy would be immediatly developed

Cusine would be reviewed carefully on criteria such as price and originality. Prices would be mediated.

Fastpass would be removed

Rides

Each ride would be reviewed to increase capacity.

2 - Tommorowland
                          Space Mt. Would be given a launch in the second lift hill (with the effects tunnel)

A "Downdraft" ride would be installed on top of the PM station, and the AstroOrbiter would be sent to Hong Kong (or the dump)

For the rest of the ideas, follow the link in my sig, No need to repost it all

3 Fantasyland

Peter Pans Flight would be removed and relocated to the old Moterboat lagoon where it could be expanded to better accomodate its popularity

The Matterhorn would be given a two story queue and the wrap around queues would be removed. (or not used unless it was an extremely busy day)

4 Toontown

Toontown would be given a family friendly, high capacity D-E Ticket around where C/D treehouse is extending backstage.

The area would be given new gags and touched up.

5 Frontierland

Frontierland would be given another row of fascades across from the horseshoe theater extending to the Fronterland entrance from the Plaza. Behind them a new restaurant and maybe a stunt show would take place.

Some sort of WRE would be added to the Ranch area

6 Adventureland

Is amazing. Maybe though another study could be done to adress the traffic flow through the area.

8 NOS

9 Critter Country

I dont care to much about WtP, but it could be redone. CBJ would go to DCA so no big deal.

Splash Mt. Would get a dual flume to increase capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Trainfanbob View Post
                            First thing I would do is get rid of the fast-pass system...Everyone waits in line, first there first on period!!!Been a CM for only two months and let me tell you it is the single biggest creator of problems during the day-EVERY DAY

I keep seeing this brought up, why?

I like using the system because it allows me to ride rides at different times without waiting 45 minutes to 2 hours for a ride. If Fastpass were eliminated; for me I wouldn't go as often as I used too. With an A/P you use the system to your advantage so if you only have a couple of hours; you can get everything done.

Also if they took down FP, would it decrease line times because I guess the FP flow is cutoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                              I'd also try driving a tram. On a public road.
                              Lol....I could see someone going down the 5 in one of those shouting at the cars from the speaker "Keep your hands and legs...."

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
                                I keep seeing this brought up, why?

I like using the system because it allows me to ride rides at different times without waiting 45 minutes to 2 hours for a ride. If Fastpass were eliminated; for me I wouldn't go as often as I used too. With an A/P you use the system to your advantage so if you only have a couple of hours; you can get everything done.

Also if they took down FP, would it decrease line times because I guess the FP flow is cutoff.
                                now what if the fast pass was takein out and instead they tie it to the AP,kinda give the AP holdersan exclusive..hey joe blow has to stand in line while the APs get a little something extra..and i say why not...allthat would need to be done is either a scan of the pass or a swipe..end of alot of fast pass hastle
                                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                                  now what if the fast pass was takein out and instead they tie it to the AP,kinda give the AP holdersan exclusive..hey joe blow has to stand in line while the APs get a little something extra..and i say why not...allthat would need to be done is either a scan of the pass or a swipe..end of alot of fast pass hastle
                                  Yes... Because giving the people who can go any time they like a skip to the front of the line over people who have spent years saving up to spend thousands of dollars on a once in a lifetime trip is fair....

"Mom, why don't we get to skip to the front of the line? Were only here three days, and we've only been on three rides so far."

"Because, the people who are here every month, who spend less to get into the park and spend less on food and souvenirs also deserve get to wait in the short lineup"

Something seems unjust about that scenario.

Comment

I would say no more fast pass at all would be the fair way to do it.
                                    I Have never used one ever because It makes me feal guilty to use one and belive that it should either not be used at all or pay extra for it thats it.
                                    I am Scary Scott,

Comment

Add some higher capacity rides, starting with tomorrowland: plectu's fantastic galactic revue replaces Innoventions with top level area with some sort of exhibit, carousel theatre, great capacity and people eater. Bring back updated people mover type thing with great capacity. That flying saucer thing under the Space Mountain with a light show. Restaurant (with actual good food) replaces star-waste of space with all those video games you can find anywhere else-cade; overlooking the flying saucers. Alien Encounter replaces Pizza Port, and I give no care about any "too scary for little 7 year olds" crap. If Disneyland Anaheim can pull of Ghost Galaxy, it can pull of Alien Encounter which looks to be an AMAZING ride btw--non movie based and an excellent use of the sound technology.

Replace pooh w/ pooh's hunny hunt. build a couple new rides in the fantasy fair, big thunder ranch, and (NOW DEMOLISHED) Toon Town (but I will take a giant crane and pick the Roger Rabbit ride up and plop it down in the Muppits theatre in DCA, and move the Muppets to Aladdin Theatre, while making it the "GREAT MUPPETS MOVIE RIDE).

Update Indiana Jones; same scale refurb. as the size of the HM refurb at Disney world, new scenes, etc.
                                      Change the Tarzan tree house to Jungle Book Kind Loui Tree House.

Bring back Taihitan Terrace in the Aladdin thing.

[BTW-is it just me, or is Aladdin represented WAY to much in Disney parks? and to think some people want a Aladdin dark ride to replace toad and an aladdin castle]

oh, and with all these new high capacity rides there should be no need for Fastpass. The AP system which I feel is ingenius will stay the same under my leadership. Survival of the wittiest! (and those who no the park the best, if a tourist doesn't no better, so be it! :P
                                      Last edited by Casey Jr; 12-26-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

-RR and Ariel switch places.
                                        -Snow White and Toad become less mature.
                                        -HIstA/EO is replaced by a revised TimeKeeper.
                                        -Aladdin Carpets are moved near Indy, Tahitian Terrace returns.
                                        -Motor Cruise's canal boosts a 'Hunchback' Tow Boat ride in the style of 'Pirates'.
                                        -Fantasmic leaves, finding its own mega theater in Downtown Disney.

-The entire resort receives a higher form of maintenance.
                                        -FastPass is discontinued.
                                        Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                                        Think of it as a third arm that magically
                                        shoots bullets!

Comment

OH-KAY! Now, if I ran DLR....

1. Bring back the People-Mover
                                          2. Reinstate the two daytime/two nighttime parades (DEP) at Disneyland like the old days
                                          3. Extend DCAs hours due to World of Color to alleviate the crowds at Disneyland park
                                          4. Improve food quality and adjust prices
                                          5. Provide discounts on merch for lower AP holders (Deluxe, SoCal, etc)
                                          6. Revive the Fantasyland Theatre for live shows
                                          7. Bring top entertainers back to Disneyland to perform on Tomorrowland Terrance Stage
                                          8. Resurrect the Skyway
                                          9. Monorail Stop at DCA
                                          10. Lower parking Fees
                                          11. Maintain Show Quality 365 24/7. No excuses
                                          12. Bring back Seasons of the Vine to DCA
                                          13. Expand the Electrical Parade by adding units from Tokyo (i.e. Swans and Small World)

That's all I could think of.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X