X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you ran the DLR...

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
    Well i dont think that Fast Pass is fair on anyone at all so I would be rid of the FP and the lower level APs sot that if you really want to pay for a AP you have to PAY a lot
    I love fastpass and I don't think there is a darn thing wrong with them. That's just my opinion though
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

I'd schedule CM's shifts so they work 3 or 4 days a week, 10 hours a day.
      (CMHusband never sees his wife and gets pouty about it)
      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
        - phase out Paradise Pier and retheme it to the Ocean/Water in general ...
        How would you go about that?

Comment

#1 Create three new Annual Passes. Disneyland ONLY ($350), DCA ONLY ($250), or Parkhopper ($550) Premium passes. No other passes
          #2 Have Fastpasses, but have the time on the ticket actually matter. If your late or the attraction is broken you are out of luck.
          #3 Create the Showpass Lottery ticket for Fantasmic and WOC. To have access to premium seating you must win a lotto system
          #4 Stronger Policy for the handicapped passes.
          #5 Have stroller stations built in each land. You must drop your stroller off in these locations when not in use. Maybe kids that are to old for strollers will actually walk more.
          #6 Hire a handful of Secret Guests (think secret shopper). All they have to do is go to the parks and send in a weekly report of what they experience. Positive and Negative.
          #7 Fix the food, but also create a 2nd themed restaurant (like Blue Bayou) in the park.
          #8 Create new experiences in Tomorrowland for the 60th anniversary and Frontierland by the 65th anniversary.
          #9 Create a whole new land by the 70th anniversary
          #10 Make Oswald the Lucky Rabbit one of the main characters for the New DCA. I would like the statue to be young Walt with mickey on his side and Oswald on his shoulder.
          #11 Create New rides that are not based on any movies or television shows
          #12 Have the 3rd park ready to go by the 75th anniversary and theme it to Marvel

Comment

I would...

Bring back the People Movers In Tomorrowland, revamp autopia, do something with all the wasted spaces.

Retheme Toontown to have more rides/attractions featuring classic disney characters.

Put more rides/attractions in Frontierland, Add to adventureland.

Drop ticket prices and overhaul/get rid of AP.

Get to the root of the food/cost issue and fix it. (Starbucks makes between 65-70% profit on every drink that leaves their stores. what % do you think DLR is making?)

Fix CM scheduling/health care/pay problems.

As to 'the smoking problem' as a non-smoker I never had a problem with smokers in the park but I would open the small space on the ROA edge/Pirate's Liar loading area. (It's too crowded) Also to other non-smokers I would say get a grip! DL is a mostly open doors/open air place where you could only be breathing in .0000001 of cigarette smoke, as long as no one is smoking indoors or blowing smoke right into your lungs then what's the BTF?!?

Comment

oh man where to start...

Tomorrowland - People mover return. expand monorail track to stop at each hotel, DCA, Parking lots,ect. Open a museum of inventions in the old starcade (upstairs... you cant forget to past when moving towards the future!), Move the rockets back up top, change buzz lightyear and star tours queues to not encroach on walkways somehow. Make Autopia all electric or natural gas. More up and coming unique bands for tomorrowland terrace (not cover bands) Remove all theming from the Magic Eye Theater and have a rotating schedule of movies... (Muppets, HISTA, EO, TTBAB) This will free up area in DCA for RIDES!

Fantasyland - create a villians area in the back next to casey jr circus train where the old fantasyland sky tubs tower is... Or just bring back the sky tubs (need to think about this idea more).

Frontierland - Bring back the "Frontier" to this land! Hire stuntmen/comedians to do gunfights and walk around the area. Heck this area is not that big and doesnt have room for expansion or need to change any rides so why not turn it into an entertainment hub! Bring old real human characters to the area... Zoro, Davy Crocket Etc. (antonio banderas needs work right?)

Adventureland - Hire someone to figure out a way to reduce congestion in the walkways... (maybe removing the planters in the middle)

NOS - return the jazz bands playing in the balconies above the people.

Critter country - put a bathroom in Pooh Corner (it only makes sense) and somehow find room to return the country bear playhouse without removing any of the other rides. (maybe severely shortening the line for Pooh and using some of that freed up area for the playhouse... my concept of space may be off though)

AP's - Put a cap on the number of APs that can be sold at each level.

Food - Improve Quality in some locations but keep prices competitive with restraunts in DTD so as not to lose too much business.

I wont touch DCA till i see what its like when all the current projects are completed... that and I am sick of writing and thinking hahaha.

Comment

How about for APs they put a cap on how many are in a park per day. Like if theres room for say... 10,000 (its a guess dont sue me over it.) then you can have 5,000 APs and the rest regular guests
                I am Scary Scott,
                Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                Originally posted by Karalora
                This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                  - phase out Paradise Pier and retheme it to the Ocean/Water in general
                  - take out the cheap ground rides at the pier and let ABL handle the ground rides
                  - add a Mickey Mouse dark ride featuring Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, and Pete to Toontown/HPB
                  - retheme the dreaded PL back to TSI
                  :lol:
                  - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                    Is that funny?

Comment

What are you doing?

It's pretty rude to just post a laughing smiley at my post of my ideas. At least post some criticism and add to the topic at hand.

one hundred and one

Comment

How about for APs they put a cap on how many are in a park per day. Like if theres room for say... 10,000 (its a guess dont sue me over it.) then you can have 5,000 APs and the rest regular guests
                        Horrible, horrible idea. What happens for an AP like me who lives in Northern California, and when I am fortunate to be in the area, I go out of my way to find the time and make a trip to Disneyland then be denied to go in because their were too many local AP's in the park already. Bad bad solution.

Another idea that does not work is capping the number of AP's sold. Not smart because you would be stopping paying customers. The better solution is to raise the AP level and eliminate some of them so that you still have plenty of customers who are willing to pay but drop off the ones who just buy them so they can visit one or two extra times a year. The AP's should be equivalent of buying 6 1-Day, 1-Park tickets.

Another way to balance the crowds would be to eliminate 1 and 2 day park hoppers (not now, but when DCA can easily stand alone). Then there will be things that guests desire to do at DCA, and have to spend an entire day there to experience it. Disneyland guests would still come. But 1 and 2 day tickets should not offer park hoppers. 3 and 4 day tickets should allow park hopping on their 3rd and 4th days. This would encourage more crowds to DCA. Especially if it was put into affect in time for Carsland and Carsland was heavily marketed.

Comment

^I wouldn't get rid of the parkhopping options, or make the third and fourth day rules as suggested. That would be a nightmare to enforce and the complaints would be terrible. Why not just make DCA good enough to hold a crowd instead of using ticketing policies to hold guests in it, hurting their experiance?

Comment

I'd totally run the company into the ground from overspending, but lemme tell ya, it'd go out in a blaze of glory!

Comment

Little kids game...Very rude!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                                Why not just make DCA good enough to hold a crowd instead of using ticketing policies to hold guests in it, hurting their experiance?
                                It won't hurt their experience. If DCA could easily support a full day alone, then why is it hurting their experience. It would bring over some crowds from Disneyland to DCA an allow them to enjoy the entire park. Not only does it allievate the crowds somewhat but it would encourage park goers to do things they would not usually do. Meaning they get the full park experience.

Comment

hmm I dident really consider the Long distance APers (I live in Oroville CA and that is VERY far north of disneyland so I dont think and AP is worth it to me)
                                  but I supose that My idea isnt right either but there really is no real good solution to the over crowding due to APs are there?
                                  I am Scary Scott,
                                  Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                                  I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                                  Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                                  Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                                  Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                                  Originally posted by Karalora
                                  This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                                  Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                                  Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

hmm I dident really consider the Long distance APers (I live in Oroville CA and that is VERY far north of disneyland so I dont think and AP is worth it to me)
                                    but I supose that My idea isnt right either but there really is no real good solution to the over crowding due to APs are there?
                                    Drop all AP's except Premium and Deluxe.

Comment

• MAIN STREET- per Disneyland Paris, covered walkways behind the shops for guests. Disneyland is small and Main Street is perpetually congested. Multiple parades followed by fireworks makes it almost completely unnavigatable forcing Disney to funnel guests through unsightly backstage areas. I would remedy this.
                                      • ADVENTURELAND - Take out the Roxy/Quicksilver/Billabong stuff and move the fruit and edibles over there. There is plenty of room in Downtdown Disney for that stuff. Use the freed up space for stroller parking. Re-open the Tahitian Terrace and sell decent food with live entertainment.
                                      • NEW ORLEANS SQUARE- probably leave it alone for now
                                      • CRITTER COUNTRY- A someone else mentioned. Install a restroom by Pooh Corner. It's an exit point for Splash, at a dead-end in the park, and by a major Meet n' Greet for little ones. Plus the nearest is downstairs in Hungry Bear which only seasoned APs can find. Return the Country Bear Jamboree, it'll be a tight squeeze, but I think it could co-exist with Pooh.
                                      • FRONTIERLAND- Festival Arena. Between that and the Big Thunder Barbeque is a large swath of unused land that could house either a cool show or a decent C-Ticket attraction at an otherwise desolate corner of the park. Let the Imagineers think of what to make, just no Woody's Roundup. I love Toy Story...but enough.
                                      • FANTASYLAND- Expand, expand. Fantasyland Theater is underutiziled, the Princess Meet n' Greet can make do with far less space. The leftover could turn into another Fantasyland Dark Ride. Beauty and the Beast would be an excellent property to use. Next create a 2nd walkway that leads into Toontown so that it is no longer a dead-end. Utilize the snow machines from Christmas time to make the Matterhorn Bobsleds snow at regular intervals.
                                      • MICKEY'S TOONTOWN- Ugh. Rip out Chip n' Dale's treehouse, Gadget's Go-Coaster and Donald's Boat. They are all wastes of spaces. Put in a Fab 5 Dark ride as a replacement. Since the Jolly Trolley won't be coming back, fill in the tracks so strollers and wheelchairs don't get unncessarily stuck in the tracks.
                                      • TOMORROWLAND- This goes without saying, but..Bring Back the PeopleMover. It needs to return. Starcade is an embarassment, just rip it out. In the downstairs area but a kiddie play area like Goofy's over in Toontown. There isn't much to do for little ones in this section of the park and it will let parents watch 'em while their teens take a spin on Space Mountain rather than being forced to sit on a bench and look at Cosmic Waves. And seriously, put the Astro Orbitor back where is should be and rip out those silly rocks. They just clog the entryway, and the attraction would be so much cooler.
                                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                        It won't hurt their experience. If DCA could easily support a full day alone, then why is it hurting their experience. It would bring over some crowds from Disneyland to DCA an allow them to enjoy the entire park. Not only does it allievate the crowds somewhat but it would encourage park goers to do things they would not usually do. Meaning they get the full park experience.
                                        I dunno, If it were me, I would be upset at the fact that I could not hop and do what I wanted to do. In my opinion, the later hours of the stay would just be filled with line-ups and frustration instead of freedom and fun.

Comment

DCA or Disneyland: add china town somewhere in the far future, whether it's next to mainstreet or in that triangle of space in between Carsland and PP. Probably the last thing I would add to the park before I retire.

Frontierland: Cowboy or Zorro stage show, which depends on location either at Rancho del Zoccalo or big area behind petting zoo.

Adventureland: bring back Tahitian Terrace (even though I never experienced it for myself).

Fantasyland: BATB E-ticket darkride, and bring back to the skyway to Tomorrowland, maybe turn that empty lake area inbetween Alice and Small world into a Fantasia gardens area.

Toontown:like wally mentioned, add a second path on the far side because the dead end is unappealing. Bring back Jolly Trolley

Tomorrowland: so much is wrong, but just summarizing, bring back retro-futuristic white and glass everything, bring back people mover in a pod-like form, bring back Carousal of progress, electric Autopia. Tron dark arcade replaces stacade, and an E-Ticket (no idea which), to replace the Theater. Oh, and later turn Nemo into 20k in about 10 years.

Critter Country: like mentioned before, add bathroom at the end of Critter Country, and have fireplace stations where they sell hot cocoa and hot pastries to cold and wet people from Splash mtn (NOT MY IDEA, but a genius's on this site whom i don't remember their name, but I would add it if I controlled the DLR)

Golden State: add mine Coaster in and around mountain, add hiking trails and abandoned gold mines to explore the grounds, and reincarnate Country bear Jamboree into the area.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X