Re: If you ran the DLR...

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

And then on day two I'd...

lol!!! thats funny!!!

Leave a comment:

• passholder
    replied

1. Food - do 2 things. 1 Offer better food, but perhaps at higher price or where prices are now and 2. have cheaper food alternatives.

2. I would redo the Hungry Bear Restaurant, and I would renovate it into a food/show location with a return of the Country Bear Jamboree. Make it sort of how the Golden Horseshoe is in terms of food/entertainment.

3. Bring back the Peoplemover - the tracks are there, who knows where the cars are, but this is something that people have been clammoring for, at least on this site.

4. I would extend renovate Rivers of America, expand it to meet up with where the Hunchback Festival of Fools was, and I would create an ampitheatre there for Fantasmic. I love Fantasmic, but between it and the fireworks, the park is clogged in too many areas. People want to watch Fantasmic, great, head on back to the ampitheatre and watch while those who want to ride rides and enjoy the park can do so.

5. Re-do Tommorow-land - Innoventions, Honey I shrunk, arcade, Pizza Port, the ridiculous location of the rockets...it all needs a major overhaul.

6. Fastpass option for Matterhorn and Nemo?

7. I might explore getting rid of Toon town...just seems like congestion and not much back there that is overly exciting. How about "Yesterland"? Back there where some old rides and attractions are returned like the Pirate Ship tuna sandwhich joint or other things that will make people remember those great memories of trips past.

8. Expand the Monorail? I know this might be tough to do because not every ticket is a "hopper" but I think having stops in DCA, perhaps at the hotel or in the hotel might be good? It goes through there anyway, and then you would have to show tickets to get on/off?

9. Would it hurt to have a few more Dole Whip locations?

10. Bring back the boats? It seems much of the water channels are now filled in with some green sod like surface when you are on the Monorail or Autopia, what used to be water below now seems much less.

Leave a comment:

• BC_DisneyGeek
    replied

I would close the gates, move into the Dream Suite, and enjoy Disneyland all by myself until it went out of business.

Just kidding, maybe.

It's a rather open-ended question, where to begin?

In general, I'd try and bring the park back in line with Walt's original vision. Provide better food at a reasonable price would be a big change.

I wouldn't eschew thrill rides altogether, but I'd look at adding attractions that serve everyone.

I'd upgrade the Winnie the Pooh ride to Hunny Hunt, and do something with the People Mover track.

I'd review the annual pass program & pricing in general, to keep the park profitable without it being stuffed to the rafters so often.

And then on day two I'd...

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Fix the one cause of all of DL's problems ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Potato Head
    replied

I'd keep all the artwork from that place next to Mr. Lincoln and sell it them ebay. I'd also try driving a tram. On a public road.

Oh and live in the dream suite.

Leave a comment:

• Goover
    replied

Improve food/drink before all else.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Well...

I would try to act like Walt- know most CMs by name, visit the parks very often, and always remain positive.
    I would also make sure that everything is working perfectly and make sure rides go down when they must.
    I would also drop ticket and food prices.
    I would also make sure that Tomorrowland got an extensive refurb, as would Frontierland.

Leave a comment:

• SS77
    replied

First things first. FIX TOMORROWLAND AND DCA!

Leave a comment:

• Scary Scott
    started a topic [Fun] If you ran the DLR...

If you ran the DLR...

Here is another what if scenario for you...
    You have been a fan of Disneyland resort all your life and decide to work at Disneyland when suddenly while sweeping popcorn off Main Street your manager comes up and tells you that you are now in control of Disneyland Resort and what is going in what is leaving and how much they can spend!
    Start telling me what you would do to the resort now!

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X