This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] It's Tough to Be A Bug Wasp Stings

What are they? Are they actually physical objects or are they really hard blasts of air?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Re: It's Tough to Be A Bug Wasp Stings

I really haven't been to see the show in a while, so I honestly would not know.

Comment

I assumed they were physical objects behind a flexible part of the seat back. It's been a while since I've seen this (rather excellent) show, though, and I could be wrong. I highly doubt that's air you're feeling.

Comment

Its a vibration in your seat I beleive

Comment

I use to think there was something that came from the back of your seat and poke you on cue using electronics. )

But Dlandclub33 is probably right.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I always thought it was an object because that's a pretty hard poke. I usually sit with my back not touching the seat to avoid it.

Comment

I believe they are just really concentrated and high pressured blasts of air, no physical objects used.

Comment

They're physical, I'm sure. It hurt really bad my first time, so every time after that I make sure I'm not on the seat. I checked to see what in the world it was. If you look at the seat you see a circle, with the plastic thing that comes out in the middle of it.

Comment

there is a little hole on the back of the seat and a plastic bar comes out and pokes you it is a physical object! I have watched it wondering what was trying to break my spine!
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                    there is a little hole on the back of the seat and a plastic bar comes out and pokes you it is a physical object! I have watched it wondering what was trying to break my spine!
                    I thought Ive seen the holes with rubber pieces in it.
                    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                      I assumed they were physical objects behind a flexible part of the seat back. It's been a while since I've seen this (rather excellent) show, though, and I could be wrong. I highly doubt that's air you're feeling.
                      I think Data is right
                      It's far back in your seat.
                      I think at one time I felt it and it was flexible.
                      But like others, it's been a long while since I've seen the show.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
                        I always thought it was an object because that's a pretty hard poke. I usually sit with my back not touching the seat to avoid it.
                        If you don't sit back in your seat you won't feel it.
                        Another reason I think it's physical, not air.
                        Also, air generally doesn't hurt like that
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

It's a piece of rubberized plastic that pokes you in the back of the seat. If you look closely, you can see the indent on the back of the chair.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                            If you don't sit back in your seat you won't feel it.
                            Another reason I think it's physical, not air.
                            Also, air generally doesn't hurt like that
                            I never sit back in the seat. I don't feel anything during the bee scene.

Comment

I refuse to see this because I HATE bugs. They creep me out to no end and I'd probably run out of the theatre screaming. :lol:

Comment

Only been there one time and the "sting" caused my back to lock up. Great way to ruin the rest of the trip.
                                Originally posted by migo
                                I poop with joy!
                                Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I call them "the reason why i refuse to ever go on that attraction again!" )
                                  Good morning, son
                                  In twenty years from now
                                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                  It was pain
                                  Sunny days and rain
                                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

In my opinion the "wasp sting" effect is a great testament to the power of suggestion. When you actually look at the poking devices you can see how little they actually protrude. There is no way they can actually damage someone physically (outside of of the psychological effect). I think it's a really fun gimmick ... but it's great that if it bothers you the first time, all you have to do is lean forward to avoid it. It's certainly not worth having it cause your back muscles to spasm.

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
                                      I do too, after having it sting me and I jumped so violently that I lost my glasses in the row behind me till I found them.... That was funn.

But i think it's really soft rubber that just quickly pokes you.

Comment

Haha funny story about that. I hate 4D effects, but my aunt wanted to see it and it was my first time, but I knew for the most part what was going to happen. So I sat on my feet on the bench to avoid the air blasts at my feet, and put my bag in front of the air and water blaster in front me. What I didn't expect was the stabbing part and I jumped up and had the typical freak out. So yeah. That

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X