This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Roy Disney Statue on Main Street

I was wondering, with the recent passing of Roy Disney, is there any plan to put the statue where he is sitting on a bench with Minnie, somewhere on Main Street/Town Square/The Hub? I think it would be a nice gesture.

Re: Roy Disney Statue on Main Street

You mean like the one in the Magic Kingdom? because, thats Roy O. Disney, which is Roy's Father.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Wrong Roy, dude.

That's Walt's Brother Roy, not Walt's Nephew Roy.

I would like to see a statue of Nephew Roy somewhere in the parks too, maybe him with Pluto or something.

Comment

That statue that you are thinking of is Walt's brother Roy who passed away in 1971. It is not his nephew Roy who just passed away anfew days ago.

That being stated I personally don't think they should add his statue. The only statue they should have IMO is the Partners Statue.

Comment

My bad. I'd still like to see Roy E. Disney get a statue.

Comment

Me too.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

The Partners statue is sufficient. Roy O. Disney played a greater role than his own son in the development of Disneyland. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to have a statue of Roy E. Disney when there's not one of Roy O.

I understand MK at WDW has a Roy O. Disney statue, but that's only because he brought Walt's Florida dream into being after he passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                My bad. I'd still like to see Roy E. Disney get a statue.
                For as much as I like, respect, and honor Roy E. Disney, I think a statue (at this time) is a tad too extreme. For a few reasons:
                1. it took so many years and decades for Walt and Roy to get their statues in the park.
                2. Roy E Disney may be great, but not as great as Walt and his father.
                3. He wasn't influential in the creation of the parks or the company itself.

However, I would like to see a window (I think there is a window already) of him, honoring Roy's dedication to the company.

Comment

If anything, I'd wait a few decades before giving him a statue. Let his legacy live on a bit before making a permanent monument.

Comment

Roy did, however, propose to his wife in Disneyland.

Perhaps a Main Street window or something would be more appropriate.

Comment

Maybe in the future, not now.

It might be too soon.

Perhaps with Mickey's nephews and neices since he's Walt's nephew.

one hundred and one

Comment

My thinking , Disney may put a Statue at Disney studeo.
                        Last edited by akfandisney; 12-23-2009, 09:12 AM. Reason: Miss spell

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

^ Maybe Roy lending Mickey a helping hand to a fallen Mickey on the ground like he fell to symbolize Roy reviving the Mouse.

one hundred and one

Comment

Why not an Eisner statue instead?

Comment

I think that a statue of him would be apropriate but not ON main street persay
                              But rather on a side street either of him with a charicter he realy liked or
                              of him proposing to his wife.
                              Personally the charicter I see him with would be Donnald or his nephiews because donnald was overshadowed by Mickey and Roy E was by the succsess of his dad and uncle and bouth had contributed so much to help the Co. be what it is now.
                              If you say that they are corrupt and blah blah blah try to remember that Disney was on the virge of bankrupsy before Roy put Eisner in charge and when Eisner got out of hand fired him. Roy E is likley more than half the reson there is still Disney and its not apart of something else but is still its own deal.
                              Give Roy E. Disney a statue to remember him by before we forget him.
                              I am Scary Scott,
                              Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                              I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                              Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                              Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                              Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                              Originally posted by Karalora
                              This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                              Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                              Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                                My thinking , Disney may put a Ststue at Disney studeo.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                  Why not an Eisner statue instead?
                                  :lmao: good one!
                                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I say put a statue of him in Animation at DCA... he was more influential to animation than any other part of the company, plus he is the one who always fought for Character Voices to be the same person doing them wherever you hear them. You owe a lot more to Roy E. than you might think... he did a lot behind the scenes.
                                    -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                      I say put a statue of him in Animation at DCA... he was more influential to animation than any other part of the company, plus he is the one who always fought for Character Voices to be the same person doing them wherever you hear them. You owe a lot more to Roy E. than you might think... he did a lot behind the scenes.
                                      I like this idea!

Perhaps as a "Partners"-style statue in the center of the Animation lobby... sitting at an animation desk with Mickey, or something?

Comment

Much of Disneyland is what it is today because of Paul Pressler. How about a statue of him in the Buzz Lightyear ride?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X