This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Expedition Sierra

So I was thinking about that REd Wood Creek challenge and the lack of things inside of Grizzly Peak and I decieded that I would replace RCC with a Small Mountain and Incorperate it into a RollerCoaster. I realize this would be expensive and likly undoable with out a very very high budget, but hey that's why we call it blue skying!

It would start over by the sign that says bear right (which would be replaced) and the Queue would be a small lodge that tells the story of Big foot You would then make your way to the underground boarding area and board a train and make your way underground to the base of the mountain, much like DLRP BTM. Once inside you would go through the roller coaster all the while noticing traces of the monster, along with evidence of past expedtion's encounters. Then you would see the monster on a ledge above you and he would be holdint the emergency break for the track sending you down the side of the mountain into the tunnels where you would head over to Grizzly Peak for the wild chase towards the end you would encounter the monster for one last time, likly with a photo op. Then finshing the ride back where it started.

Thoughts? I know it would be small and likely very difficult to do with the new DVC Wing but I think if you altered the path way to make it smaller and made the mountain's back be more of a cliff with water fallls and stuff for the guest to view since it will decimate their view. I however really like it and think it is one of my better ideas!
    Last edited by disneyboii; 12-22-2009, 08:03 PM.

Re: Expedition Sierra

Basically a Everest clone then with slight change of theme? I like Everest, but don't think we need a direct transfer like this, especially when Grizzly Peak is a rather lovely bit of landscaping and a mountain right across from this site. They could do better by Bigfoot by having a actual small museum about him in the redwood creek challenge trail about him and other California "oddities", in the style of one of the roadside attractions up in the redwoods.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

What about Grizzly Gulch copy/paste?

I like the bigfoot idea- but with the actual Grizzly as the icon I think the Golden State should be pure real-California... unless big foot is real. Yikes!

I think this might work better in FrLand replacing BTM Ranch and a nice border to FLand.

one hundred and one

Comment

ya, it is basically a clone. In my mind I had it more as a compliment to Grizzly Peak and also enhancing GCH to be more like a mountain lodge get away. I also wanted to incorperate tunnels through the mountains so that the play area isn't really gone. I tried to make it as orginal as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
          Basically a Everest clone then with slight change of theme? I like Everest, but don't think we need a direct transfer like this, especially when Grizzly Peak is a rather lovely bit of landscaping and a mountain right across from this site.
          I was thinking the same thing. It sounds a little too similar to Expedition Everest. Also, the area is too peaceful for that sort of thing. It was a really good idea, Im just not too onboard with it.

Comment

i'm actually one to enjoy redwood creek challenge, it is as mandypandy said quite peaceful, plus i'm not sure if that area is quite enough room, unless you rip out the grand californian hotel
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Room is the issue here.

Comment

I was thinking of an (obviously) higher themed version of the mine ride at Knott's. But not only take us into caves to find gold, but also make it Journey through natures wonderland-esque withAA animals found in our states forests

Comment

Trust me. As a parent of a child with ADHD the RCC is a godsend. If he's acting up I take him there to run around for a half hour or so. It burns off a lot of excess energy!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X