X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Underground Disneyland

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this has been posted before but I was searching for "Disneyland secrets" on google just to see what would come up and I found this blog that must have been made in the late 90's talking about backstage facilities under Disneyland Park...

Now as I read this, I quickly realized it was a joke with some accurate descriptions of the DLR area. I do know that Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom has a complete labyrinth of tunnels for cast members to use to get from place to place without drawing guest attention, but I did not think Disneyland had anything similar as it was something Disney World improved upon I think. So does Disneyland have any underground zones that we walk all over (besides in the New Orleans Square area?)
    Last edited by Telpeurion; 12-23-2009, 02:48 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Re: Underground Disneyland

Spoiler
    There are no tunnels for CM's to get from one place to another, but Tinkerbell has one that goes from PH to backstage of tomorrowland I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
      Spoiler
      There are no tunnels for CM's to get from one place to another, but Tinkerbell has one that goes from PH to backstage of tomorrowland I believe.
      I assume you mean where the old Ariel rotating clam shell used to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post
        I assume you mean where the old Ariel rotating clam shell used to be?
        yes

Comment

ohhh thats kewl i never knew that!
          So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's one that runs from Tomorrowland to Coke Corner.

Comment

The end of the Rocket Rods queue is still there, as well as the four staircases. The purple door to the left of the BLAB E-mail station leads to the 'red grid' one. Also, I believe TLT has an underground room underneath the dance floor.

Comment

There is a tunnel from Harbor Point to backstage at DCA that goes underneath the park entrance where all the busses drop off. If you are in the '15 minute lot' looking towards DCA you can see it. There is an awesome CM tunnel that goes under the scheduling building (under the train) taking CM's backstage. This tunnel is full of amazing old photos and Disney memorabilia, they call it the Time Tunnel.
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Pirates of the Caribbean generally doesn't take place underground, per se, just below grade. But there's one very small part of the park where you can walk around outside and know that the Pirates flume is beneath your feet - if you exit the attraction, there's a ramp outside next to the store, and directly beneath that is the splashdown of the first drop.

Comment

There is tunnel from outside to inside Disneyland.
                    There under the Train tracks

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

There are a total of two underground facilities than run underneath DL

* New Orleans Square
                      * And a tunnel that skirts along the north edge of "Buzz" ... and take it's through storage for Coke Terrace ... the hydraulic "band" stage .. and continues as a tunnel straight into the north edge of Innoventions .. and straight on to backstage .. roughly where the Skyway was.
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                        There are a total of two underground facilities than run underneath DL

* New Orleans Square
                        * And a tunnel that skirts along the north edge of "Buzz" ... and take it's through storage for Coke Terrace ... the hydraulic "band" stage .. and continues as a tunnel straight into the north edge of Innoventions .. and straight on to backstage .. roughly where the Skyway was.
                        I knew about the tunnel from Innovations (off stage) to Tomorrowland Terrace (food delivery)
                        And of course the stage needs to have an underground area.

And tech the magic kingdom at WDW is on the second floor.
                        The first floor is where are the behind the scenes stuff happens.
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Wait, so how do the performers at the Tomorrowland Terrac get to the underground stage? What tunnel do they use?

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                            Wait, so how do the performers at the Tomorrowland Terrac get to the underground stage? What tunnel do they use?
                            I would guess it's the same one that gets supplies over to TT.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

If you want the real underground tunnels, check out the Utilidors at the Magic Kingdom at WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                                If you want the real underground tunnels, check out the Utilidors at the Magic Kingdom at WDW.
                                Yeah, but those aren't really "underground", they're the first floor of the park!

Comment

Does anyone have pictures from inside these facilities? Or sketches of their approximate locations?

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                                    Yeah, but those aren't really "underground", they're the first floor of the park!
                                    True, unless you count the fact that they are inside the earth and below a layer of ground. When they dug up the Seven Seas Lagoon, they did use the earth to build the platform for the Magic Kingdom, with the utilidors inside.

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                                      There is a tunnel from Harbor Point to backstage at DCA that goes underneath the park entrance where all the busses drop off. If you are in the '15 minute lot' looking towards DCA you can see it. There is an awesome CM tunnel that goes under the scheduling building (under the train) taking CM's backstage. This tunnel is full of amazing old photos and Disney memorabilia, they call it the Time Tunnel.
                                      That interest!
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                                        The end of the Rocket Rods queue is still there, as well as the four staircases. The purple door to the left of the BLAB E-mail station leads to the 'red grid' one. Also, I believe TLT has an underground room underneath the dance floor.
                                        I read TLT underground room underneath
                                        the dance floorwere stage comes up.
                                        But also a tunnel from there to back lot near space mountain!
                                        they put that in 1967.....
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X