Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whens the last time youve seen the SWANS??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] whens the last time youve seen the SWANS??

i remember seeing Swans in the moat @ DL. i havent seen them in years. were they placed there by the WD company or did they naturally fly into the park & choose this as their home?

anyone know?
    Last edited by ItsFREAKS; 12-23-2009, 03:57 PM.
    The Original LOST BOY

Re: whens the last time youve seen the SWANS??

That's them in Big Thunder Ranch, their robotic skeletons been redressed to look like turkeys.

Kidding aside, I've been wondering the exact same thing.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I haven't seen them since 2005. I miss them too. :crybye:

Comment

The original swans were opening day gifts from Hollywood Park Racetrack and were presented to Mr. Disney during the live telecast.

I haven't seen swans for several years.
        Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Just last year I believe.

Comment

there were swans? apparently i'm not very observant )
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Last I heard they were removed because of the Remember Fireworks Show (part of which involved things coming up from the moat). Wish they would bring them back though.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Currently being served at The Napa Rose

Comment

man i miss those swans=(

Comment

The story about the swans is sad... It was a combination of Racoons eating one, and the swans eating the coins thrown in the water that had them removed and not replaced.
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                      The story about the swans is sad... It was a combination of Racoons eating one, and the swans eating the coins thrown in the water that had them removed and not replaced.
                      A raccoon ate a swan... wow... I thought they were removed, not executed...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        A raccoon ate a swan... wow... I thought they were removed, not executed...
                        Tastes like chicken.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                          Tastes like chicken.
                          Then again they probably needed to fatten the racoons to make the Crockett coonskin caps! So the circle of life is complete and now it makes sense. I will honor the swan by buying my son a coonskin cap when he is old enough.

sigpic

Comment

I've actually seen them there recently. I don't make a conscious decision to look for them but I know I've seen them for sure sometime between June and October.
                            Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

Comment

Um last time I saw them I was 5 or 6 so a really REALLY long time ago so about 16 years?
                              I am Scary Scott,
                              Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                              I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                              Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                              Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                              Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                              Originally posted by Karalora
                              This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                              Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                              Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

woooooow - kinda wish i didnt ask.
                                The Original LOST BOY

Comment

I don't know where you got this, but according to one of the Circle D managers one month ago, the swans died of old age. They have not been replaced yet because they are currently upgrading the backstage home for the swans at Circle D and don't want to get new ones until they have a place to live that is suitable for them (and in this economy, things like "a new home for the swans" get put on the back burner). Again, this is straight from "the horse's" mouth (and in a conversation held backstage, so they weren't just covering with a pretty story), so I'm not sure about the "raccoons and coins" thing, which is both incredible and sensationalistic. Also, the swans have been there as recently as 2004 in my personal recollection, it's just that they're not ALWAYS on stage, so many people may have been to the parks and missed them.
                                  "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I stated this on another board recently, and then got an "update" from someone I trust very well...

Discussion Boards: What happened to the Swans? Page 1 of 3 - : Disney World, Disneyland and More

I had a chance this past week to ask a CM friend at the Circle D, who helps care for the various animals. She confirmed that the swans, Walter and Lillian, had belonged to Disneyland, were raised from infancy by Disney and were not leased from a 3rd party company. She stated the moat was being poisoned by the large number of coins in the water, and that the swans had both taken to eating the coins, which required surgery to remove. Sometime after the first surgery, Walter was killed by an animal that they believe to be a raccoon, since they were having a problem with raccoons at the time. He was not eaten but was very torn up. To make matters worse, Lillian had not learned her lesson from the surgery and resumed ingesting coins, which required a 2nd surgery, from which she did not survive.
                                    Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-23-2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: Link to other message board removed per board policy
                                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

In regards to part of your story I know that coins have caused problems with birds in general. Most zoos now have signs stating not to throw coins in the ponds because the animals may ingest them. I am not sure about poisoning the water (considering the high water volume I would think it would take a tremendous amount of coins over a prolonged period of time... BTM might have that problem).

sigpic

Comment

I stated this on another board recently, and then got an "update" from someone I trust very well...

Discussion Boards: What happened to the Swans? Page 1 of 3 - : Disney World, Disneyland and More

[/FONT]
                                        :*(
                                        Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-23-2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: Link to other message board removed per policy
                                        The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X