This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The "F" Ticket

Disney needs more "F" ticket attractions. What are "F" tickets? they are a conceptual new ticket, after E tickets to mark the ride classes.
    The "F" ticket has several features to it:
    -Fun for the entire family, no major drops or jerkyness. Ma, Pa, Granny, Son, etc can all have fun.
    -Advanced sophisticated Audio Animatronics and detailed scenes.
    -Long ride length and great capacity.
    -Great theming, etc.
    -Classic rides that will never be forgotten.
    -Great, classic theme songs.

Currently, there are only three of these such rides left:
    as you all know, Pirates and Haunted Mansion are obvious. But I would actual include Carousel of Progress too. Think about it, it fits all the criteria. Maybe that is just my opinion since I think it is an amazing ride.

Horizons and World of Motion were once "F" Tickets, I think, but I have never been on either of them.

Disneyland is currently lacking these "F" Ticket attractions. Discuss what you hope will come to Disneyland from this "F" tickets and your ideas on this concept.

any other criteria you'd add or rides?
    :]
    Last edited by Casey Jr; 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM.

Re: The "F" Ticket

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your criteria. Not that I think any of them are bad qualities - but I don't think that they would all be necessary for a theoretical "F ticket." The ticket levels in modern parlance generally just refer to a combination of scale, scope, quality, popularity, cost, and so forth. For me, then, an F ticket would simply be an attraction that goes so above and beyond anything Disney has already done in those sorts of categories...so far that it cannot be classified with their previous endeavors. Lack of thrills or an abundance of AAs could certainly be attributes of some F tickets, but they wouldn't be requirements.

RSR will probably be an F ticket. It doesn't necessarily mean better, exactly, but it means the production values are truly through the roof. Something that transcends the public perception of what a theme park attraction is. If Indy had incorporated the train and a mine car ride as in the early concept art, that would have been one heck of an F ticket facility, too. In other words, an F ticket would be the kind of attraction you can only expect to be able to build once every decade or two, but that's enough because it blows every mind that has the good fortune to experience it.

Just my opinion.

Comment

What's next? An amp that goes up to 11?

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post

RSR will probably be an F ticket. It doesn't necessarily mean better, exactly, but it means the production values are truly through the roof. Something that transcends the public perception of what a theme park attraction is. If Indy had incorporated the train and a mine car ride as in the early concept art, that would have been one heck of an F ticket facility, too. In other words, an F ticket would be the kind of attraction you can only expect to be able to build once every decade or two, but that's enough because it blows every mind that has the good fortune to experience it.

Just my opinion.
        I've been out of the loop the past few months. Sorry if this is an obvious dumb question but what is RSR ?
        Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

I agree with you about Indy, It could be an "F" ticket, breaking down the criteria. The thing is though, an "F" ticket, (in the def I gave) should be very elaborate with woven stories, etc. By F quality I don't mean popularity and thrill, I just mean a true Disney ride.
          I got this Idea when listening to Walt Disney's take on the World Fair. He said that "this will become a new form of entertainment" replacing movies with an elaborate 3D experiance. That is what I mean with the "F" Ticket. I ride so grand on scale that is not only a theme park attraction, but also a story where guests are immersed in, like a 3 dimensional movie. Just as the movies replaced the radio, the "F" ticket would be next after movies... (not that they would replace the.)

RSR=Radiator Springs Race Rally

Comment

I find the "F" ticket as a "fail" ticket. such as "Honey, I shrunk the audience."

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              What's next? An amp that goes up to 11?
              Only if you're Nigel Tufnel.)
              [end derail]
              Charlie :wave:
              MiceChat User #1037

Comment

So for shorthand would it be an "F'it"?
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                  The thing is though, an "F" ticket, (in the def I gave) should be very elaborate with woven stories, etc.
                  That eliminates Pirates and HM, then. Each (in its original form, at least) is a series of related vignettes with a strong...sense of narrative, but by no means an elaborate story. Pirates didn't even explicitly explain its whole story, leaving a lot to the imagination and interpretation, and although HM is more explicit, it's no more complex. You tour a haunted house, initially being creeped out by its hidden residents, but then a ghostly head in a crystal ball has a seance and helps the ghosts materialize, revealing that death is just one big party. That's about it. Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely not criticizing the attractions. I love that kind of abstract storytelling in theme parks. Makes for a field day for your imagination, which is awesome.

By F quality I don't mean popularity and thrill, I just mean a true Disney ride.
                  That's what I mean, too - and one of the attributes of a "true Disney ride" is popularity, with thrills being one of many tools that may or may not be used to get there.

RSR=Radiator Springs Race Rally
                  Close - Radiator Springs Racers.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    So for shorthand would it be an "F'it"?
                    in your definition TOMMOROWLAND 98 was the biggest "F'it"?
                    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

hmm.. maybe I should change that story plot part. I really mean a sense of theming I guess. :]

Comment

sorry but when I think F ticket I think Fail.
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                        Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                        Originally posted by Karalora
                        This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                        Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                          in your definition TOMMOROWLAND 98 was the biggest "F'it"?
                          Actually that is a whole different level... level "W" as in "WTF"...

sigpic

Comment

is Abe a "F" ticket?
                            Somewhere in fontainbleau
                            Lies my secret garden

Comment

Nomenclature aside, I couldn't agree more than Disney should try to make more attractions that live up to Pirates and Haunted Mansion in terms of level of immersion, length of attraction, depth of detail, immense capacity, and family-friendliness.

I've thought for a while that if you were to ask people their favorite Disney attraction, you'd get a wide variety of answers, but if you asked everyone for their top five favorites, almost everyone would include either Mansion or Pirates (and often both).

I think there are three other attractions that come close: First, Splash Mountain (but its lower capacity and that big drop make it just off the list). The other two are at WDW - The Great Movie Ride and Spaceship Earth, neither of which are quite as well done or as much fun to qualify.

I'd love to see more of these. I'd love to have an immersive Tomorrowland dark ride visit to another planet. I hope The Little Mermaid really lives up to the Haunted Mansion quality like they claim it will, but with it saddled with the movie plot I kind of doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by basx View Post
                                is Abe a "F" ticket?
                                I believe Abe was on the Republican ticket in 1860 and the National Union ticket in 1864... but from what I understand we are not supposed to talk politics in the non-gold boards

sigpic

Comment

F-Ticket. hahaha. I think of something else.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

There was already an 'f' ticket. It was given to Adam Rich from Danny Kaye in 1980.
                                    sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                                    Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                      hmm.. maybe I should change that story plot part. I really mean a sense of theming I guess. :]
                                      Okay... now you have my attention.

I'm all for more immersive theming, ala POTC, HM, and the original Submarine Voyage. But all of this crap about how "story" is sooooo important makes me want to hurl.

Walt didn't put "story" into the Subs, or POTC, and his minions didn't put it into HM because they all knew that "imagination" trumps "story" every time.

Give me a really well themed, immersive attraction with interesting imaginative vignettes anyday over the current crop of "storied" attractions.

I don't need to be told what to think, but suggestions are always welcome.
                                      Last edited by Circarama; 12-23-2009, 03:46 PM.
                                      Charlie :wave:
                                      MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I think an attraction with a really clear and interesting story is great to experience.... once.

The detailed immersive environments are the attractions worth visiting over and over again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X