Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiana's Jubilee Closed Today Due To Crowds???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tiana's Jubilee Closed Today Due To Crowds???

Just got back from a quick shopping trip this morning with my daughter. (They were making candy canes again this morning.) When we got to New Orleans Square just after 11:00 AM, the line for Pirates was wrapping around out in front and between the long Pirates line, the exponential number of strollers parked in front of the ROA and the long HM line stretching back into the Fantasmic viewing area, I just had to wonder if this was why they cancelled the show today. (If they had started the show, massive gridlock would have occured.)

The announcement came on shortly after 11 AM and the official Disney voice stated that the show was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Other interesting clues were the fact that no cast members were around handing out tickets, no guests had been selected for the show, the Mark Twain was late coming around the corner and did not seem prepped for the show, and several tech folks were talking into their ear pieces looking at the crowds with what looked like concern on their faces.

So....what this why it was cancelled this morning? Was kind of bummed because my daughter had not seen it yet and we were looking forward to it.

Re: Tiana's Jubilee Closed Today Due To Crowds???

The traffic/crowd nightmares have caused the problem. There is a very good likelyhood that Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will never be performed again. (Scheduled to closed down on January 3rd, to match up with the draining of the Rivers of America for refurb).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Completely wrong on all accounts.

Tiana missed the first show because the Mark Twain was down this morning. It came up too late for the first show.

The show continued as normal after that.

Comment

Whew - that's good to know. I'm hoping to see the show one last time before it goes away into Yesterland. Maybe it will be back when the river is back and the DVD comes out (like they do with pre parades). That is, if the two (river/DVD) coincide.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
          Completely wrong on all accounts.

Tiana missed the first show because the Mark Twain was down this morning. It came up too late for the first show.

The show continued as normal after that.
          Good to hear. I knew something was up when the Mark Twain wasn't quite docked yet at 11:00 AM without any signs of preparing for the show.

That being said, the gridlock will still be a problem. If you are trying to get from Frontierland to Critter Country during a show, either take the train or forget about it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X