• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied
    Re: Window Displays

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yes. With every new movie that came out, the Emporium windows would have all the the movie's major or most decorated scenes. For the 50th, they went nostalgic and put in the figures from past movies. It hasn't changed since. I was hoping that the Princess and the Frog would get the window treatment, but sadly no.
    Hopefully they will get around to it. It took quite a while to get the Castle Walk-Through reopened. Maybe they have something fabulous planned!

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Or at least change them for Christmas like they do in WDW!

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post

Didn't the windows used to highlight one movie with different scenes in each window?
    Yes. With every new movie that came out, the Emporium windows would have all the the movie's major or most decorated scenes. For the 50th, they went nostalgic and put in the figures from past movies. It hasn't changed since. I was hoping that the Princess and the Frog would get the window treatment, but sadly no.

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

I've walked by those windows so many times, just glancing and seeing something moving in there! I read the 'book' in the first photo and realize they are saying they are using the old figures - much like they bring new movies out of the vault every 10 (?) years for the next generation to enjoy. But, 5 years without them being changed? I guess I need to pay more attention!

And so do the window display people. Time for a change!

Didn't the windows used to highlight one movie with different scenes in each window?

Leave a comment:

• Karalora
    replied

I think the last movie to get the windows all to itself was Treasure Planet. The retrospective on the window displays was a good idea for the 50th, but it has long since run its course and they need to change it. And lookie here, they just returned to their roots with a brand new fairytale musical, so make with the frogs already!

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

I take one trip to Disneyland every few years... It looks new to me, so I'm not complaining.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFan28
    replied

thanks all.
    didnt realize itrs been 5 years, I need to take trips more often to Disneyland LOL

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

I was under the impression that they brought back displays from the early years.
    It shows.
    I do like them, but they def. could be improved upon.
    After 5 yrs, it's time for something new.
    I love the window displays, but saddened that they don't keep them up like they use to.

Leave a comment:

• Goover
    replied

I love the windows! Minus the face smudges on the glass. I mean really, who does that?

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

ooh...i didn't know people didn't like it. i like it, especially one with pocahontas in it and some other two movies i couldn't remember, either like cinderella or hunchback of notre dame or something. what did they use to like before?

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

The death of the Main Street Emporium Windows

Not only have they been stagnant for 5 years, the items in the windows
    were taken from previous window displays, so they are really all older than 5 years.

BAD SHOW! (especially the drugged out Ariel)

Leave a comment:

• DARTH KNITE
    replied

You're right. They haven't touched it since that movie, but other than that one window the rest has been there since the 50th. A shame Princess and the Frog didn't get a full display like their previous features. Strange too.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFan28
    started a topic [Question] Window Displays

Window Displays

I forgot to ask.. is the Window Diplay thats in the Windows now new or has it been there for awhile?
    I think its new since ratatouille was there ( which explains the last window in the set)

Pics:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X