Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

    Am I hearing this correctly? Is there nothing special planned for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?

  • #2
    Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

    Considering there was none for the 45th, most likely no celebration. I mean, it isn't a big as 50. My guess is the next big event to be on the 75th.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.


    "Cool shades, Mike!"

    Art Tweet Comic Tube

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

      I could see this coming if we were going to know anything it would have been announced already.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

        Originally posted by simmer View Post
        Considering there was none for the 45th, most likely no celebration. I mean, it isn't a big as 50. My guess is the next big event to be on the 75th.
        The 45th actually got Believe... There's Magic in the Stars (fireworks show) and the Parade of Stars.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

          Originally posted by stitchon View Post
          The 45th actually got Believe... There's Magic in the Stars (fireworks show) and the Parade of Stars.
          And the 35th got the "Party Gras" parade. I remember all the characters were wearing these huge pins with "35th" on it.

          So the "5ths" do get things.

          Example:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

            Disney is being lame and cheap by not bringing anything new. So it will be the first time in a long time that we haven't gotten anything at all on an anniversary.

            50th - Remember, Dreams Come True/Parade of Dreams/Space Mountain v2
            45th - Believe, There is Magic in the Stars/Parade of the Stars
            40th - Indiana Jones
            35th - Party Gras
            30th - 30th Parade
            etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

              Well, hopefully they don't paint an opening day attraction's vehicle Emerald. I could picture the Mark Twain with Emerarld paint in May.

              Probably the only thing for the 55th would be the re-launch of Summer Nightastic! with Murphy actually performing in the summer.


              The world is a treasure trove of places.
              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
              Indy Ride Count: 2211
              World of Color Count: 74

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                So, is everyone forgetting World of Color, then?

                It's not Disneyland Park, but it's huge.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                  Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                  So, is everyone forgetting World of Color, then?

                  It's not Disneyland Park, but it's huge.
                  Does no one care about Silly Symphony Swings? It gets no love...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                    You also get Captain EO (Anythings better than HISTA lol)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                      Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                      Does no one care about Silly Symphony Swings? It gets no love...
                      You're kidding right. That is Disneyland's big celebration gift? A freaking off the shelf ride.

                      World of Color is great, but unless we get back PoD everyone is expecting a new parade to replace Low Budget! A street party

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                        Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                        You're kidding right. That is Disneyland's big celebration gift? A freaking off the shelf ride.

                        World of Color is great, but unless we get back PoD everyone is expecting a new parade to replace Low Budget! A street party
                        Anything is better than a giant orange on a pier!

                        I'm soaking in as much A Christmas Fantasy as I can in case CASP comes back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                          Didn't know I wasn't allowed to say I was looking forward to the parade's return. Shame on me.
                          Last edited by stitchon; 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                            Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                            It's not an "in case". Disney confirmed it returning. And I'll cheerfully welcome it back come the end of January.
                            THEY DID?? Where have I been! Is there an article or something I can read?? I can't believe I missed that!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: No celebration for Disneyland's 55th Emerald anniversary?!?!

                              Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                              THEY DID?? Where have I been! Is there an article or something I can read?? I can't believe I missed that!
                              It's on the website's schedule on January 8, 2010.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X