Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is DLR busy on New Years Day?

I've never been to Disneyland on New Years day. I've heard its crazy busy and I've also heard its a slow day because everyone goes to the Rose parade and watchs football all day. Could anyone who has been there give me the real deal info? Thanks!!!
    CMH
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Re: Is DLR busy on New Years Day?

I can assure you it will be a heck of a lot less crowded than NYE.

Comment

I went there New Years Day 2009 and it was completely deserted early in the morning, but got more and more crowded into the afternoon and was busy by night. I would suggest getting there in the morning and doing all the major rides.

Comment

Originally posted by CelebrateDisney View Post
        I went there New Years Day 2009 and it was completely deserted early in the morning, but got more and more crowded into the afternoon and was busy by night. I would suggest getting there in the morning and doing all the major rides.
        This sounds about right. Quite a large number of the Rose Bowl folks will either be sleeping it off or at the parade. But as New Years day falls on a Saturday this year, I think you'll see some respectable crowds coming in during the afternoon and evening. But on the bright side, all passes but premium will still be blocked out. So...it'll probably be like a typical Saturday in January. I would think that early morning would be almost deserted as stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
          I would think that early morning would be almost deserted as stated above.
          Yes, well of course it depends just how early that morning. :P

Comment

This sounds about right. Quite a large number of the Rose Bowl folks will either be sleeping it off or at the parade. But as New Years day falls on a Saturday this year....
            -snip-

NY Day is actually next Friday.

Comment

I've been there when it's been dead and I've experienced it busy. I think it's hit or miss.

Comment

A friend of mine came out from PA last year for the Rose Bowl Parade and game. They came to Disneyland after the game and it was so crowded they could not get into the gates. They just did some shopping on Downtown Disney and left.
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

it's an unbelievable experience on new years eve. just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
                    it's an unbelievable experience on new years eve. just sayin'

:yea:Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaa and I'm going on NYE!!! (Im doing the happy dance...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight about NOW!)

Comment

Originally posted by M&M Daddy View Post
                      -snip-

NY Day is actually next Friday.
                      Did I say Saturday? I meant Friday. :blush: That's what happens when I get on Micechat with little or no sleep. I should know better...

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                      A friend of mine came out from PA last year for the Rose Bowl Parade and game. They came to Disneyland after the game and it was so crowded they could not get into the gates. They just did some shopping on Downtown Disney and left.

And that was on a Thursday with all APs blocked out except for Premiums. Hmmm....Yeah, so the evening might be pretty packed out.

Comment

I went this year on New Years Day and Disneyland was very light in the morning and then in the afternoon it got busy...in the evening it was packed...mainly because of Fantasmic! and the fireworks. If I remember correctly Indy and Space were both 15 minutes wait in the morning.
                        "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Originally posted by CelebrateDisney View Post
                          I can verify that as well. I have been to Disneyland on New Years Day a few times, and it starts to get crowed around 3ish. My friends and I would leave before then though.

Comment

Did I say Saturday? I meant Friday. :blush: That's what happens when I get on Micechat with little or no sleep. I should know better...
                            Got a four- and one-year old in the house - I hear you. You definitely made me check my calendar though!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X