Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Which tunnel do YOU choose and why?

When you enter Disneyland, you are faced with a huge, beautiful fork in the road.

So, the question is, what does your instinct tell you? Which way do you take 90% of the time?

Do you know why your instinct brings you along this road and not the other? I'm really interested to hear everyone's viewpoints!

For me, I've always naturally entered the right tunnel. I'm honestly not quite sure why. Perhaps it was always the tunnel my parents led me through as a child, having been used to staying at the right of traffic through years of driving.

I don't even drive yet, so that is the only reason I can come up with. That and maybe the fact that I am right handed?

Please feel free to share!

EDIT: also include which tunnel you leave through! [[I leave through the left, naturally]].

Re: Which tunnel do YOU choose and why?

Originally posted by Goover View Post
    For me, I've always naturally entered the right tunnel. I'm honestly not quite sure why. Perhaps it was always the tunnel my parents led me through as a child, having been used to staying at the right of traffic through years of driving. [[I leave through the left, naturally]].
    Ditto here. I almost always enter on the east (the right tunnel) and exit on the west. Seems to follow the flow of foot traffic.

Comment

I always go in and out (of course) the left side... There's that last little gift kiosk thingy there, I always used to try to sucker my dad into buy me one last thing there on our way out when I was growing up so I guess it has some personal nostalgia to it. I'm not even sure what the right side looks like.
      He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
      follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
      DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Oh, this is interesting, hahah.

I usually tend to enter through the left and leave the same tunnel.
        Probably because when you enter Main Street from the left, its more of a pleasing sight, no offense to the right side.

And i love leaving the same way i came in (:

Comment

I usually enter from the right, because the lines for the right turnstiles tend to be shorter.

Comment

hahaha, cool idea, i'm a enter right exit left person, i think it is just the flow of the crowd that is the reason we go through there.

and that plaque with walt's quote is cooler to enter through than exit through
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

this is an interesting topic, i alwayz enter frm the right it seems more natural
              First Trip To WDW 8/16/09-8/27/09 was the best!!

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                I usually enter from the right, because the lines for the right turnstiles tend to be shorter.
                Bingo.

I leave the opposite I come in.

Comment

I tend to pass through whichever tunnel is on my right...having lived and driven exclusively in the United States, I'm sure it's mostly force of habit. Something does seem especially satisfying about passing through whatever's on my right, though. Especially when first entering the park or leaving it for the last time.

Comment

I go in the left (east) and come out the right (west)
                    My father is a lefty so he leads and so thats how we go in(but we walk on the right side like we are driving)
                    Last edited by Scary Scott; 12-25-2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: Incomplete
                    I am Scary Scott,
                    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                    Originally posted by Karalora
                    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

I usually go in on the Opera House side and go out on the City Hall side.

Comment

Looks like I'm in the minority. Going in I tend to go through whichever one has fewer people between me and it. Unless of course I am heading to some place like city hall or the bathrooms by the gallery, then I go through the one closer to the destination. I haven't kept a tally but I think I've been through both about the same number of times. When I'm leaving it depends on whether I'm heading towards a hotel on Harbor or the trams to the parking garage.

Comment

I usually go to the left side. We are usually heading for Adventureland or Pirates, so it seems like the best choice.
                          sigpic
                          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I usually like to enter through the right tunnel. I've been doing that since I bought an annual pass. It's just the direction I want to go. It is basically because of instinct is why I go right...and exit on the left. I exit left because it is easier just to go that direction instead of going right. It's a pain to walk all the way.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

60/40 with me

Toy Story Mania construction:
                              Older photo
                              New Photo

Member of
                              MiceChat WDW Trip
                              Next trip
                              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I enter right since that is the side of entry gates I choose (also since they are less crowded because there aren't trams on that side) and exit through the left side, since the exit gates are always on that side.

Comment

We always enter to the left, and exit with the opposite tunnel. I don't really know why, because we use turnstiles closer to the right. I'll assume it's because my mom's left-handed and would lead the group.
                                  blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                                  - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                                  disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                                  - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                                  - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                                  - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

I seem to always enter and exit through the right tunnel (if viewed from before the floral Mickey).

Comment

Interesting thread, when I enter I do either or! Never really think about which one I enter..When I exit its ALWAYS the one to the right!

Comment

I almost always enter and exit through the tunnel that is to your left while walking into Disneyland. I'm not sure why, it just feels right. I don't mind if we go thru the other tunnel though
                                        sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                                        Disney is my life <3
                                        Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                                        Future Imagineer <3
                                        Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X