Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Depp inspired Mad Hatter Character at Disneyland!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Johnny Depp inspired Mad Hatter Character at Disneyland!!

Does anybody think we will see it? i would love to have this character make an appearance.

Re: Johnny Depp inspired Mad Hatter Character at Disneyland!!

I highly doubt it, the Mad Hatter character is a very important character to Disneyland. I would think it highly unlikely that they would confuse the image (and the guests) with a second version of a perenial favorite.

Comment

I would love to see him around the park, but its unlikely. Like aenobarbe said, they already rely on the current Mad Hatter, so it would definitely confuse the guests seeing two versions of the same character.

Comment

I really, really hope that this Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland is kept completely out the Disney Parks.

Comment

What they said. If you have a Johnny Depp Hatter, then you will probably have to have a Mia Wasikowska Alice (y'know, being the title character of the film and all). So you'll basically have a 12 year old Alice and an 19 year old Alice running around, which would confuse children and other guests. Very unlikely that will happen.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing the Burton version during Halloween Time.
            Everybody's got a laughin' place-
            trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Maybe a new overlay for the Mansion?
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
                You're suggesting an Alice in Wonderland Mansion overlay for Halloween and/or Christmas? Nu-uh, that makes absolutely no sense.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Yea thats a stretch. Just from the preview for the new movie i love johnny's portrayal of the hatter and the costume is way cool.

Comment

No no no no no no. I hope not! I like Depp, but something as classic as the mad hatter does not need to be updated. Plus i am not liking the look or feel of the new Alice movie.

Keep the current hatter!
                    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Are you crazy?!?! The original is a classic!!! It must stay!!!You people are not crazy. Just opinionating.
                      MEOW.

Comment

Maybe not at Disneyland but I could see one in the Hollywood Studios Park or the HPB section of DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by aenobarbe View Post
                          I highly doubt it, the Mad Hatter character is a very important character to Disneyland. I would think it highly unlikely that they would confuse the image (and the guests) with a second version of a perenial favorite.
                          What would be more "Wonderlandish" than to have the Disney versions of the Wonderland characters meet up with the Tim Burton version?

Originally posted by Coast21 View Post
                          Wouldn't mind seeing the Burton version during Halloween Time.
                          :lol: (some people understand that was a joke)

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                          You're suggesting an Alice in Wonderland Mansion overlay for Halloween and/or Christmas? Nu-uh, that makes absolutely no sense.
                          it was a joke, people

Originally posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
                          Are you crazy?!?! The original is a classic!!! It must stay!!!You people are not crazy. Just opinionating.
                          laugh a little, it was a joke.

Besides, EVERYONE knows it would be much more logical to do a Tim Burton makeover of the Alice ride in Fantasyland!

Oh, and the TB characters did make an appearance at D23, already. Certainly you remember.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I never really appreciated the Mad Hatter around the park until we had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. We got there early and he spent about a half hour entertaining my kids. His zany antics were the perfect remedy for us after a long day, I totally love him now!

I do want to see the movie, but I think the Johnny Depp movie character should be kept separate from the cartoonized version we see at the park.
                            Yaye!

Comment

what gives me that sinking feeling is if the movie does well..then with out warning the ALICE ride and the TEA CUPS goes down for an extensive refurb..that would be the biggest WTF?? moment in the park....next to the POOH ride
                              "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

No. I believe they should be kept seperate, for that would be really confusing to have both. Also, I doubt this movie would be rated G; why would they have a character in a movie that not all kids would be able to see? It's like when action figures, toys, and party stuff came out for G.I. Joe, Transformers and Twilight were in theaters. Little kids shouldn't be watching those movies, but they still have little kid merchandise for the movies.
                                blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                                - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                                disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                                - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                                - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                                - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Originally posted by Colorized View Post
                                  No. I believe they should be kept seperate, for that would be really confusing to have both. Also, I doubt this movie would be rated G; why would they have a character in a movie that not all kids would be able to see? It's like when action figures, toys, and party stuff came out for G.I. Joe, Transformers and Twilight were in theaters. Little kids shouldn't be watching those movies, but they still have little kid merchandise for the movies.
                                  .as soon as it hits dvd the rateing system goes out the window..its then up to the individual household to determin whats watchable or not..a battle that merchendisers win most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                                    because todays parents dont care..as soon as it hits dvd the rateing system goes out the window..its then up to the individual household to determin whats watchable or not..a battle that merchendisers win most of the time
                                    It's sad. The innocence of today's youth seems to be leaving at a young age.
                                    But I still doubt that anything in Disneyland will change because of this movie. If they had a overlay I'm pretty sure I would lose all respect for Disney.
                                    Last edited by Colorized; 12-26-2009, 02:03 PM.
                                    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                                    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                                    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                                    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                                    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                                    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Rumor has it that Burton is in talks with Disney to do an overlay of the Alice in Wonderland ride for Halloween!
                                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                        Rumor has it that Burton is in talks with Disney to do an overlay of the Alice in Wonderland ride for Halloween!
                                        say it aint so...i was only kidding.....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X